U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 13,136,002 times
Reputation: 3923

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
They're not just criticizing every move he makes - they are criticizing any hypothetical moves he MIGHT make...

Just sit back and enjoy the utter frustration of these poor, pathetic, sore LOSERS!!! I like to kick back and have a beer while I listen to them opine about why they lost and as they start laying blame at each other's feet...

SWEEEEEEEET!!!
It was all worth Obama winning if he never gets a damn thing done (although I'm sure he will get more done for the good of the country in 10 minutes than the repukes did good for us in the last 8 years)just to hear the whining and crying from the neoCONS.It's a swan song to my ears to hear them now and I have actually caught myself laughing hysterically listening to rightard radio programs while driving down the road and they now sound like exactly what they've always been only now it's at an insane fevered pitch,kinda like Alvin and the chipmunks on coke...crying,impotent, chickenhawk, losers....The best word to sum them up is "Flaccid"
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 PM
 
532 posts, read 785,949 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Holy shmolies ... where were you during election season my friend?

Youtube Rev. Muthee ... please ... you have a lot to catch up on.

boogity boogity boogity.
I didn't vote for S Palin, as I don't consider her ready for a vp position. I also don't hate her. Hate is poisonious. I am familiar with the "charismatic religion", she was a member of, and the ministers do not call themselves "witch doctors." They believe in praying for the healing of those who need it. They are very vocal, and emotional in their worship services. I am not, nor would I be a member of that religion, but do not judge them for their beliefs, or accuse them of using "witch doctors", which would be completely wrong. In fact, that religion is very similar to the one Obama went to--The United Church of Christ. I don't judge him for going there either, or refer to the Rev Wright as a "witch doctor". He, and the Rev at Pain's church are very much alike.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Currently traveling through NC
610 posts, read 323,779 times
Reputation: 1894
LOL at Carhaart-wearing Palin being a "beauty queen". This thread could easily be turned around to "Why right-wingers hate Hilary Clinton, is it because she DOESN'T look like the aww shucks beauty queen??

Would love to hear some Palin fans defend ms uber-family for doing that interview in front of the animals being slaughtered. LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 12:32 PM
 
695 posts, read 1,198,157 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
Never underestimate how nasty women can be, when they feel intimidated by a woman they think is a little too pretty.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 60,387,118 times
Reputation: 22268
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Never underestimate how nasty women can be, when they feel intimidated by a woman they think is a little too pretty.
It's that obviously but it's also that Sarah Palin never had any of her babies destroyed, she even loves the one the liberals consider too defective to have his life. She loves her grand-baby enough to allow it to have it's life too, standing by her daughter instead of hauling her off to an abortionist.

Sarah Palin isn't an abused woman, the men in her life respect her, her husband hasn't been found cheating on her. Jealously however is a powerful emotion.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
16,564 posts, read 22,988,303 times
Reputation: 5755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
LOL you seriously believe this?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
 
5,006 posts, read 13,814,994 times
Reputation: 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
sorry, i am a liberal woman, and in my younger years i was much prettier than she, and i think she is pretty now and that doesn't bother me in the least. but what bothers me is how stupid she is, and that she hunts wolves from a helicopter and kills moose. her sacing a turkey was just as stupid, but that entire idea of saving a turkey is stupid. and i can't stand her "betcha" and her bringing her pregnant daughter into this mess and wanting her daughter to marry a man that does not want to get married and one who is a macho man, not to say that I am against macho men because i married one, but certainly not the type that she wants her daugther to marry. her image of a woman is just not my idea, and i don't mean that i am against frontier women, because i like gutsy women, just not her kind. and i will say it again, she is just so stupid. Do I hate her? No, I just think that she is all wrong for the job and certainly not ready, and I hope she never becomes president or even vice-president.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
 
26,299 posts, read 17,159,037 times
Reputation: 10273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Never underestimate how nasty women can be, when they feel intimidated by a woman they think is a little too pretty.
Sarah Palin is not beautiful mainly because she is not beautiful inside. She has time and time again proven herself to have quite a few nasty attributes...She is very self involved, not to mention delusional. She could not have been nastier regarding Obama during the campaign. She has questionable honesty and integrity concerning her positions as Mayor and Governor of ALaska. She has a cold attitude towards conservation and protection of wildlife. I don't judge people by their appearance, but I have to agree with the previous poster. She looks like a mother of five kids that probably takes reasonable care of herself. To call her beautiful, is setting the bar really low. Living in NYC, I see spectacular looking women on the streets every day. Palin would not stop traffic in this neck of the woods unless she used a shotgun to do so. I really have been hesitant to say this these past few months, but here it is...Palin looks like a she could play the role of a Nazi warden in women's prison. Something about her jutting jawline that gives her this appearance.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,816 posts, read 102,118,974 times
Reputation: 32918
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I didn't vote for S Palin, as I don't consider her ready for a vp position. I also don't hate her. Hate is poisonious. I am familiar with the "charismatic religion", she was a member of, and the ministers do not call themselves "witch doctors." They believe in praying for the healing of those who need it. They are very vocal, and emotional in their worship services. I am not, nor would I be a member of that religion, but do not judge them for their beliefs, or accuse them of using "witch doctors", which would be completely wrong. In fact, that religion is very similar to the one Obama went to--The United Church of Christ. I don't judge him for going there either, or refer to the Rev Wright as a "witch doctor". He, and the Rev at Pain's church are very much alike.
Well, I found something that I agree with you on! My DD and I were discussing this, and I said I thought SP's church was "standard Protestant theology" with a few twists.

It is how Sarah interprets this theology that is problematic. Teach creationism in science classes, etc.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,475 posts, read 20,117,049 times
Reputation: 5601
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
It was all worth Obama winning if he never gets a damn thing done (although I'm sure he will get more done for the good of the country in 10 minutes than the repukes did good for us in the last 8 years)just to hear the whining and crying from the neoCONS.It's a swan song to my ears to hear them now and I have actually caught myself laughing hysterically listening to rightard radio programs while driving down the road and they now sound like exactly what they've always been only now it's at an insane fevered pitch,kinda like Alvin and the chipmunks on coke...crying,impotent, chickenhawk, losers....The best word to sum them up is "Flaccid"
I think you are investing a little too much of yourself, into this election.. your statement says you are way overboard on how you think about an election.
We hopefully have elected the best man who will do an outstanding job of getting our country back on it's feet.
I'm a Republican who voted for McCain, but Obama won, so I hope he can make the country whole again. I will be happy to say I was wrong, if he can fix all of our problems... I hope to God he does well..
Your attitude is one of hate and revenge. That is not a healthy attitude, either for the good of our country, or for your mental health. Spending your time hating and laughing with glee, at people who don't share your ideas... You have issues that need work....
You must have an unhappy life to find enjoyment in degrading the party that lost the election. As you can see by looking at the democratic party, they have forgotten all of the ill will of the election, and are moving forward and working together.
Even Mc Cain and Obama are buds now... It's a game to them, the game is over, they are getting along well, and I'm sure they will continue to work together... Isn't that good enough for you...?
What does that say about your attitude...? a bitter, hateful, sad, lonely, person...? Be a bigger person.... Give up the hate...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top