Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:57 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times

Advertisements

did you just give yourself a round of applause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Get over it?? You're the one who has posted a ridiculous statement about women. Reading your posts indicate you're actually the one who should 'get over it' but from what I perceive to be your 'intellect', you don't 'get it' therefore, can't 'get over it'.

Again with the all encompassing statement!!! You take the opinion of a few and turn it into the 'majority'. Your wet dream lost the race (don't know if it was man or woman and don't care, I just know you lost) and the better person won.

Get over it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 AM

986 posts, read 2,807,577 times
A beautiful Successful woman with good family values, a husband who adores her. Has chosen a life where she can help others and hopefully make a difference....why would that be a threat to liberal woman? Why would liberal woman hate that. Why are we not supportive of each others choices. We woman are are own worst enemies. What has she done to cause this much hate coming from other woman. Very sad!!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
did you just give yourself a round of applause?
look, you threw a turd of a question out there and we are answering your question and all you can come back with is *neener neener neener* no oxymorons and *neener neener neener* did you give yourself a round of applause.

you wonder if Sarah Palin looked like Janet Reno, would we feel the same way? Short answer, yes. Liberal women tend to look beyond hair and makeup, but didn't I say that earlier?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
Election over?

Out of one liners?

Bored?

Lonely?

Girl friend dump ya?

Can't think of a topic that hasn't been discussed into shreds over and over again turning it into mind numbing nothingness?

Trolling?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
Palin looking like Reno--LOL, amusing thought. But if you really want an amusing image, picture Reno acting like Palin.

Oh my, this is actually giving me a good chuckle. Try it, and you'll see. Picture Janet Reno suddenly going "ditzy and adorable" and saying "you betcha" and "nuke-yoolar". Picture the flirty Reno wink! Picture Reno talking about seeing Russia from her house, or being unable to name a newspaper. She would be an embarrassment, that's for sure.

I don't know if it would make people hate her--that seems like an overstatement--but it would definitely make people want to mock her. That's what happens when you act folksy and stupid.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:14 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Palin looking like Reno--LOL, amusing thought. But if you really want an amusing image, picture Reno acting like Palin.

Oh my, this is actually giving me a good chuckle. Try it, and you'll see. Picture Janet Reno suddenly going "ditzy and adorable" and acting like Palin. Picture the flirty Reno wink! Picture Reno talking about seeing Russia from her house, or being unable to name a newspaper. She would be an embarrassment, that's for sure.

I don't know if it would make people hate her--that seems like an overstatement--but it would definitely make people want to mock her. That's what happens when you act folksy and stupid.
What a great analogy!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
....why would that be a threat to liberal woman?
Ok, for the thousandth time. She is NOT a threat to any woman. The people who chose to not vote for her, men/ women/ Republican/ Democratic/Independent/etc, did not vote for her because of her history as a politician (Mayor and Governor), her lack of experience, her lack of education, her inability to speak coherently, her vicious personal attacks on Obama, her provable lies, etc. It was not 'liberal' women who denounced her as a VP candidate publically. It was 'conservative' women who publically stated she was not fit for national office. Why aren't you accusing them of being 'threatened' by Palin.

I keep posting about her because she continues, by her own choice, to be in the media, and, I find her extremely entertaining. Every time I see, hear or read anything about her, it's like watching a comedic reality show. The woman is hilarious!!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Clearly you have NO clue what Liberal Women think.
Somehow that doesn't surprise me one bit.

Ken

I suspect all those Gloria Alred books you have read have given you some insight

Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post

Oh my, this is actually giving me a good chuckle. Try it, and you'll see. Picture Janet Reno suddenly going "ditzy and adorable" and saying "you betcha" and "nuke-yoolar". Picture the flirty Reno wink! Picture Reno talking about seeing Russia from her house, or being unable to name a newspaper. She would be an embarrassment, that's for sure.

+1 reps to you. You perfectly described why most women with a brain mock Palin . Thanks, but now I can't get the image of Janet Reno smiling and winking at me out of my head! It's very disconcerting.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Thanks, but now I can't get the image of Janet Reno smiling and winking at me out of my head! It's very disconcerting.
OMG, I know what you mean, it's stuck in my head too. What have I done?????? It's worse than the theme song for Gilligan's Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies