Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I believe what sealed it for McCain was that her maverick attitude.
How would he know that? Didn't they only meet once for an hour before she was picked. And, based on the outcome, we know she was only minimally vetted.

Libermann on Palin
"Thank God, she's not gonna have to be president from day one," he told a Connecticut newspaper, "because McCain's going to be alive and well."

Tom Ridge on Palin
"I think we both know the answer to that," he told CNN this past week. "But there's no question she fired up the base."

Mitt Romney on Palin
"Well, that -- that's something which I -- I believe the American people will, uh, assess individually and say, uh, yeah, she's got the kind of executive experience that you'd hope to find from a person who's been a governor and a mayor," he said. (The American people did speak!)

Kathleen Parker on Palin
Palin Problem by Kathleen Parker on National Review Online=
As we’ve seen and heard more from John McCain’s running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn’t know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Kathleen Parker and Michelle Laxalt on Palin with Bay Buchanan 'supporting' Palin

YouTube - 2 Republican Women Against Palin: "Palin is NOT Ready to Lead the Free World" versus Bay's: "Palin is Doing a Remarkable Job"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AWWW, did you get dumped, too???
The liberal women I have encountered I would never even imagine dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Are you saying conservative women are easy sluts?
Sluts come in all colors from all backgrounds... I stay away from that sort of filth. However since you mentioned it... the grungy hippie chicks I know are certainly the filthiest by far, mentally and physically.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
She certainly had her own mind and opinions. I thought that was refreshing, as opposed to someone who would be in lock-step with the presidential hopeful.
Well, I've got to agree with you there. She was definitely refreshing!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:41 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Does it matter? Politics is all about perception. A genuinely smart politician would have recognized this tendency and overcome it by giving numerous interviews demonstrating the depth of her real knowledge. From the moment she answered a simple question by saying "Well, I'm just gonna havta get right back to ya" she lost most of her credibility. It went downhill from there.
My point was she didn't have credibility on day one. My dad once told me a story about boot camp and training with the B17 just before they were shipped to England. There were a couple of muscle-bound guys from New York who thought my dad was a dumb hick from the sticks and they had a lot of fun with him. One day after a man gave a judo demonstration, one of the guys made a move to take my dad down. My dad recalled how some of this judo was done, and threw him over his cot. After that, they figured he wasn't such a bad guy after all, and they were good friends.

When someone like Sara Palin says, "Well, I'm just gonna hafta get right back to ya," it is the same exact message as someone saying, "I don't know, but I'll find out." Does the latter one lose credibility? Of course not.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
The liberal women I have encountered I would never even imagine dating.
Too good, too smart, too pretty, too successful, for them to give you the time of day. Yep, you're trying to get a date with one of them them would be a complete waste of your time

Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
My point was she didn't have credibility on day one.
I don't agree. I think she had a good bit of credibility for the first week or so after McCain's announcement. People gave her credibility on good faith, on the assumption that she was a governor and also the VP pick, so there must be something to her. When the story first broke that she "sold a plane on E-Bay" plenty of people bragged about it, thrilled to think they'd have somebody so savvy.

Then we got to know her. Bye bye credibility.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Too good, too smart, too pretty, too successful, for them to give you the time of day. Yep, you're trying to get a date with one of them them would be a complete waste of your time
liberal women pretty? hmmm

Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
When someone like Sara Palin says, "Well, I'm just gonna hafta get right back to ya," it is the same exact message as someone saying, "I don't know, but I'll find out." Does the latter one lose credibility? Of course not.
The problem with this encounter was Palin pretending to know the answer, "I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today."

It wasn't until Couric asked for specific examples of McCain pushing for more regulation that Palin said she would try to find some and get back to Couric. If she had just said, 'I don't know or can't think of any but I'll find some and get back to you.' right off the bat, she wouldn't have come off sounding like the uninformed, unprepared, uneducated, 'twister' of the truth that she is.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
it's because the women's rights movement in 2008 has been narrowed to the point where it is simply abortion rights.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
liberal women pretty? hmmm
Well, I do have to admit they don't compare to Greta VanSusteran and Bay Buchanan. Even after their plastic surgerys, no one would discribe them as 'pretty'. But, again, I have no idea what you see looking through those big, ol' thick lensed GOP glasses. They may look like Jennifer Anistan to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies