Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You support euthanasia for non-contributing members of society?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 60 88.24%
Undecided 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:00 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Thanks for providing this link. This belief system is not what Christianity is all about and true Christians do not condone this. We do not believe in killing others who do not believe as we do. God gave us all free will and it is up to us if we choose to serve Him or not.
Many evangelicals believe that way... I know its not the true christian way but many end timers think exactly this way... lot and lots of them... its almost taken over the Christians. They hide it well but its there. Read more about it, it is very scary. The Republican base is made up of them.

That is why they can come into this thread and agree with this peson. They believe no help for women and children, old or sick people as well..

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-20-2008 at 05:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 PM

55 posts, read 68,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
he only was opposed it because of the wording, it would have jeopardized roe vs wade. he actually does not believe in late term abortions, and said he would sign it if those issues were fixed. stop with the smears.
(1) He opposed a ban on partial birth abortion
(2) Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban
(3) He voted against protecting infants born alive. This bill was unilaterally supported...I guess none of the other liberal senators thought the wording endangered roe vs. wade.

Face it. Obama is extreme in his abortion stance with or without #3. But, given #2 and #1, I'd say #3 fits right in. Go Barack!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
The proposal offered in the OP reeks of Social Darwinism of a vaguely fascist nature. I do, however, support voluntary euthanasia for any and all sane adults. If a person's pursuit of happiness involves their death, I am no one to deny them this.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
The proposal offered in the OP reeks of Social Darwinism of a vaguely fascist nature. I do, however, support voluntary euthanasia for any and all sane adults. If a person's pursuit of happiness involves their death, I am no one to deny them this.
The problem is he said to off disabled children and old people. He posed no aguement about terminally ill sane people in major pain who want to leave gracefully by their own choice. This poster is a troll, insane or whatever, and not worth our time.

Again if someone tried to hurt any of my family for being disabled, old or sick they would find out about my second amendment rights.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Many evangelicals believe that way... I know its not the true christian way but many end timers think exactly this way... lot and lots of them... its almost taken over the Christians. They hide it well but its there. Read more about it, it is very scary. The Republican base is made up of them.

That is why they can come into this thread and agree with this lunatic. They believe no help for women and children, old or sick people as well..
The U.S. is 26% Evangelical. Nearly half of voters went Republican this last election. Now, even if we foolishly consider all Evangelicals to be Republican, we still only have half the Republican voters. Who is spreading "mis-information?"

Old 11-19-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
The problem is he said to off disabled children and old people. He posed no aguement about terminally ill sane people in major pain who want to leave gracefully by their own choice. This poster is a troll, insane or whatever, and not worth our time.

Again if someone tried to hurt any of my family for being disabled, old or sick they would find out about my second amendment rights.
I posed no argument about terminally ill sane people? Have you been reading. My whole thread is about eliminating ANYONE who is not productive in society; anyone who is weak; anyone who is a criminal; anyone who is disabled.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:

That is why they can come into this thread and agree with this lunatic. They believe no help for women and children, old or sick people as well..
I apparently missed the last part of your post. Just to clarify, the conservative, evangelical, Christians (Republicans and Democrats) do not support euthanasia (whether by free will or by force). It is the evangelicals that have been trying to protect the sanctily of life, which is why we oppose abortion and euthanasia as we believe it is murder.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihadist View Post
I posed no argument about terminally ill sane people? Have you been reading. My whole thread is about eliminating ANYONE who is not productive in society; anyone who is weak; anyone who is a criminal; anyone who is disabled.
We dont do that in the United States. The ONLY aguement there is regarding offing anyone is letting terminally ill people make that choice.

What you suggest is NAZI LIKE MURDER. Go get help or at least read about our LAWS before posting your DRIBBLE!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:

We're terrified yes we are...so terrified. Mad soccer mom with a gun!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
[quote=Jihadist;6236404]I posed no argument about terminally ill sane people? Have you been reading. My whole thread is about eliminating ANYONE who is not productive in society; anyone who is weak; anyone who is a criminal; anyone who is disabled.[/quote]

I have a disability but I am very much a productive member of society. I am a professional who pays taxes as everyone else. Are you implying that I should be eliminated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies