U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You support euthanasia for non-contributing members of society?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 60 88.24%
Undecided 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,869,915 times

Advertisements

oh, just shoot me
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Although we cannot punish people like jihadist for their inflammatory and morally wrong ideas we can simply ignore them and not respond to the provocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 09:57 AM

55 posts, read 60,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
umm yes anyone is capable of altering a persons quote.

you should be imbarrassed because it is pretty obvious to anyone reading your posts. you should try harder next time
It's pretty sad that you just can't understand that I didn't alter her quotation. If you go back and look at the posts, the quotation was from Connie, but apparently some signal got crossed and the header put the other person.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
So your "new" ideas are basically the Nazi T-4 program and 19th Century Social Darwinism.

Do you have any ideas that are from the past 50 years or at least not evil?
When did i ever say any of these ideas are "new"? This is the perfect outline for recreating social darwinism/eugenics and Nazism.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
Do you ever feel guilt? Do you empathize with the pain and discomfort of others?
Why would jihadist feel guilt? He is doing a service to humanity by ridding us pure types from the bad blood of the disabled, retarded, and criminal.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM

3,704 posts, read 4,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihadist View Post
When did i ever say any of these ideas are "new"? This is the perfect outline for recreating social darwinism/eugenics and Nazism.
Then I am assuming that your opening post was ironic and somehow a jab at euthanasia and abortion and possibly liberal eugenics.

Or that you are a scumbag...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 AM

19,126 posts, read 26,589,691 times
Quote:

Ok. Have you ever read 'The Giver'? Great book. Creating a Utopian society, which is basically what you're trying to do, is probably not a great idea. What next? Elderly... children with disability.... certain religions.... certain afflictions... I have a genetic disorder, but I work full time and contribute to society but I'm assuming since I'm 'genetically inferior', I'd be euthanised?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,785,718 times
Quote:
Why would jihadist feel guilt? He is doing a service to humanity by ridding us pure types from the bad blood of the disabled, retarded, and criminal.

If they put down criminals than S.Florida will have close to no politicians or any officials .

What will we do?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,155,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Although we cannot punish people like jihadist for their inflammatory and morally wrong ideas we can simply ignore them and not respond to the provocation.

The ultimate punishment for a "flamer" is to be ignored. This has not happened here. OP has simply rented Soylent Green one too many times....

Old 11-20-2008, 10:32 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,785,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
If I have Alzheimer's then I am not me anyway. Rather than keep a shell of a human being alive and placing a heavy burden on my family, I am all for euthanasia.

Yes but that is your decision not the gvmts or some agencies.
Having said that my grandfather lived of sound mind for over 10 yrs other than small minor memory losses when he had Alzheimer's.

The meds did wonders so dont be to fast to take yourself out if you ever get it but I do agree that is a personal choice just not thev gvmts or any agency.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 PM

558 posts, read 723,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
Do you ever feel guilt? Do you empathize with the pain and discomfort of others?
Quote:
I didn’t intend for those questions to be answered in the context of this thread by the abstract Jihadist. I was asking the author, the OP, direct questions about himself. I should have clarified that.

Empathy is a trait possessed by about 96% of humanity. The level of incidence is about the same among the most productive, intelligent and logical members of humanity. Most people want to live a happy and fulfilling life. No one who empathizes with the pain and suffering of others is capable of living a happy and fulfilling life while knowingly playing a role in a large scale culling of the population since this would conflict with their empathy toward others. Therefore, it's clearly not in the self-interest of the majority of even the most productive, civilized and intelligent members of society to support euthanasia, abortion and sterilization of the likely non-contributors of society.

Culling the population may or may not be in the self-interest of the remaining 4% of humanity, the sociopaths among us, an even smaller percent of whom are likely to be productive and civilized members of society, depending upon their own unique, personal motivations. I'm sure the majority of these people couldn't care less about building a stronger society.

Last edited by GhostInTheShell; 11-20-2008 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies