U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You support euthanasia for non-contributing members of society?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 60 88.24%
Undecided 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 PM

55 posts, read 60,914 times

Advertisements

[quote=msconnie73;6234433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihadist View Post
Just because you don't have a sense of humor doesn't mean that I should follow. I still believe all older people should be euthanized...there is my straightforward answer. They serve no communal purpose anymore.[/quote]
Unless it is your own parents ...
no, we can get rid of them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM

38,894 posts, read 20,179,975 times
[quote=Jihadist;6234451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post

no, we can get rid of them too.
Quote:
Maybe if I knew my parents I wouldn't. However, instead of simply euthanizing unwanted infants, we could simply eliminate the family structure as it currently is. Marx saw this as possible solution.
You are contradicting yourself. You did state that if you knew them, you'd probably not support euthanizing them.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 PM

64 posts, read 73,878 times
"So Muslims make a great effort to live as Allah has instructed them; following the rules of the faith, being devoted to Allah, doing everything they can to help other people."

It doesn't say anything about helping everybody but the elderly or the orphaned does it? So by establishing your own rules you go against the very grain of islam! You are going against the grain of jihad by not living as Allah says you should.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 PM

55 posts, read 60,914 times
[quote=msconnie73;6234493]
Quote:

You are contradicting yourself. You did state that if you knew them, you'd probably not support euthanizing them.
You really crack me up...do you really think you caught me in some sort of elitist contradiction? Ever hear of the Lake Wobegon effect?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:38 PM

38,894 posts, read 20,179,975 times
Quote:

You really crack me up...do you really think you caught me in some sort of elitist contradiction? Ever hear of the Lake Wobegon effect?
You are elitist by the way.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 PM

2,660 posts, read 6,032,841 times
This discussion is funny.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 PM

6,654 posts, read 18,693,708 times
Jihadist is not a troll. He is only expressing the reality of life as it exists today. People are dying every second of the day somewhere on this planet...equally as some new babies are born the same time. Nature is running its course and there has to be some form of balance or the planet would be the same as the movie "Soylent Green". Hordes of people rubbing elbows trying to walk down the sidewalk...air full of pollution and hard to breath. The planet has wars to reduce human lives...airplane crashes with large loss of life...Hurricanes...Floods...Earthquakes...Murders/Killings...auto acidents/deaths...need I go on. Wild animals kill other animals as a source of food and at the same time help to regulate any over population of a species. Insects devour other insects. The balance of nature is constantly going on.
We as humans live differently. Over the centurys life expectency has increased to where many live to be in their 80's and 90's. As for me, I'm pushing towards 80. Is my time less important then a person pushing 1/2 my age?...some will say yes and some may say no and time for me to go. We all have led an important time in our lives and have produced well leaving benefits to the upcoming younger generation as have those before me have done also. Some of his points...I will disagree with even tho he has brought some questionable theorys. He has his opinion and I will not question them. We are all entitled to our personal thoughts be what they may be. Some day in the next two hundred yrs from now Euthanasia may be the norm...just glad I will not be around to see it. Steve

Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM

6,111 posts, read 5,080,940 times
Quote:
Our society is far too concerned about the "sanctity of life." There are so many people who are simply a drain on our economy. The elderly, prisoners, the mentally disabled and unwanted children are the main offenders as they contribute nothing to the world financially and yet eat up billions of dollars each year. The elderly are utterly useless; prisoners cause the crime; the mentally disabled are actually allowed to breed, and so, make the human race genetically inferior; and unwanted children grow up to be criminals among other low-lifes. What we need is to start a mass eugenics movement, so that we may purge our pure society from such undesirables. After all, science has proven that everything in existence is based on the material and its laws. Evolution is the law of life--we therefore, should not spend so much time and effort protecting those who cannot protect themselves. The weak die off and the strong live on...it is the law of nature, the only absolute source for our moral codes. We are simply material beings who live and die...it's just the way things are, so why concern ourselves with life so much? Therefore, do you support euthanasia, abortion and sterilization of the non-contributors of society? If not, please offer logically justification for your claims.

You should understand that thousands of Americans and millions of men woman and children died between 1939-1945 to ensure that a nation that had adopted this point of view was wiped from the face of the Earth. The right to life is the central right. If this right is taken away the rest of our so-called rights are not worth the paper they are printed on. My definition of life begins when a viable infant is born not at the moment of conception. In the past very few infants survived a premature birth, today our advancing technology is pushing this limit back.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM

608 posts, read 812,577 times
I tend to side with Steve on this topic. Regardless of the various oppinions stated within this post, I think this jihad guy has at least stirred our attention, and given us all the opportunity to debate him on it however we feel fit. I disagree with the OPs oppinions, but have no problem expressing my own thoughts on the topic in opposition to him. Instead of trying to call the OP a troll or questioning his character, consider his statements well and then give him your best shot!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,473,260 times
Quote:
Our society is far too concerned about the "sanctity of life." There are so many people who are simply a drain on our economy. The elderly, prisoners, the mentally disabled and unwanted children are the main offenders as they contribute nothing to the world financially and yet eat up billions of dollars each year. The elderly are utterly useless; prisoners cause the crime; the mentally disabled are actually allowed to breed, and so, make the human race genetically inferior; and unwanted children grow up to be criminals among other low-lifes. What we need is to start a mass eugenics movement, so that we may purge our pure society from such undesirables. After all, science has proven that everything in existence is based on the material and its laws. Evolution is the law of life--we therefore, should not spend so much time and effort protecting those who cannot protect themselves. The weak die off and the strong live on...it is the law of nature, the only absolute source for our moral codes. We are simply material beings who live and die...it's just the way things are, so why concern ourselves with life so much? Therefore, do you support euthanasia, abortion and sterilization of the non-contributors of society? If not, please offer logically justification for your claims.
Your post sounds like something out of the eugenics manual. It disgusts me. The problem with the idea is someone will be empowered to decide who is worthy of life and who isn't. From there it will go to wait don't waste those valuable organs lets harvest them first. Wait don't harvest all of them at once induce a coma and harvest as needed. Yes that sounds like a society we all would love to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies