U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do You support euthanasia for non-contributing members of society?
Yes 6 8.82%
No 60 88.24%
Undecided 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: The Coldest Place
994 posts, read 1,353,179 times
Reputation: 202

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I'm not sure how much evolutionary pressure humans are under anymore. We do lose a lot of people to malnutrition and various water-born diseases, but only because we're too lazy to go out and prevent it. We know hoiw to, after all. Meanwhile, we have very nearly subjogated our everyday environment and reduced a once impressive array of predators down to what, a few obscure viruses? Meanwhile, we have healthy people reproducing. We have sick people reproducing. We have signficantly handicapped people reproducing. Heck, we have dead people reproducing here. I wonder if the specieas hasn't become evolutionarily stagnant...
I think that the arc is becoming less steep, so we agree for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 PM
 
968 posts, read 1,205,177 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jihadist View Post
Our society is far too concerned about the "sanctity of life." There are so many people who are simply a drain on our economy. The elderly, prisoners, the mentally disabled and unwanted children are the main offenders as they contribute nothing to the world financially and yet eat up billions of dollars each year. The elderly are utterly useless; prisoners cause the crime; the mentally disabled are actually allowed to breed, and so, make the human race genetically inferior; and unwanted children grow up to be criminals among other low-lifes. What we need is to start a mass eugenics movement, so that we may purge our pure society from such undesirables. After all, science has proven that everything in existence is based on the material and its laws. Evolution is the law of life--we therefore, should not spend so much time and effort protecting those who cannot protect themselves. The weak die off and the strong live on...it is the law of nature, the only absolute source for our moral codes. We are simply material beings who live and die...it's just the way things are, so why concern ourselves with life so much? Therefore, do you support euthanasia, abortion and sterilization of the non-contributors of society? If not, please offer logically justification for your claims.

Anyone trys to kill my child because he is disabled will find out how much I take my second amendment rights seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,888 posts, read 20,177,151 times
Reputation: 35917
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Anyone trys to kill my child because he is disabled will find out how much I take my second amendment rights seriously.
How dare anyone say that your child should not be granted the right to live because someone arbituarily decides that his life is worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:57 PM
 
55 posts, read 60,901 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Anyone trys to kill my child because he is disabled will find out how much I take my second amendment rights seriously.
So does the government (hands wringing maliciously).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
 
55 posts, read 60,901 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
How dare anyone say that your child should not be granted the right to live because someone arbituarily decides that his life is worthless.
All of power is arbitrary. Now if you can somehow logically define absolute ethical codes, then explain why logic should be followed (which is a bit circular), then you wouldn't be arbitrary; but until then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,668 posts, read 74,655,684 times
Reputation: 48187
i just got 1 queston. the jails are packed with people that cant work for health reasons, our schools are jammed with straight d students that will never hold down a job, next stop is welfare and jail. . our urban areas are full of people that only sell drugs and pimp and rob. am i hearing you say what i think i am hearing you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:03 PM
 
968 posts, read 1,205,177 times
Reputation: 184
yeah msconnie you know Im not for abortion, thats why I vote Dem because less abortions happen under them because when woman and children are supported with good services, sex ed and we have a good economy, women choose life more often. just to clear that up. The repubs could win over more people if they didnt cut services. To women, children, disabled and elderly. Incidently the Dems dont hyper inflate the national debt and start massive dealdy and costly wars as much eaither.. so that equals to more saved lives and money there too. Im all about life and balancing the budget, like what was achieved under Clinton. This insane poster proposed to kill humans instead of living responsible-- so we can continue to waste money on wars, death and destruction. Which is how the repub mind works. Cut services, kill people, create war. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
 
55 posts, read 60,901 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Cut services, kill people, create war. No thanks.
I'm a firm Obama supporter as well because of his stance on abortion. The Democrats have always been in favor of abortion and euthanasia. It's the right wing religious type that I oppose and wage jihad against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
 
55 posts, read 60,901 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i just got 1 queston. the jails are packed with people that cant work for health reasons, our schools are jammed with straight d students that will never hold down a job, next stop is welfare and jail. . our urban areas are full of people that only sell drugs and pimp and rob. am i hearing you say what i think i am hearing you say.
Like I said, if they are criminals, they should be euthanized. Euthanizing the straight D students is a little more gray though...it all depends on the length of time they can hold a job and whether or not their net productivity is positive or negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,888 posts, read 20,177,151 times
Reputation: 35917
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
yeah msconnie you know Im not for abortion, thats why I vote Dem because less abortions happen under them because when woman and children are supported with good services, sex ed and we have a good economy, women choose life more often. just to clear that up. The repubs could win over more people if they didnt cut services. To women, children, disabled and elderly. Incidently the Dems dont hyper inflate the national debt and start massive dealdy and costly wars as much eaither.. so that equals to more saved lives and money there too. Im all about life and balancing the budget, like what was achieved under Clinton. This insane poster proposed to kill humans instead of living responsible-- so we can continue to waste money on wars, death and destruction. Which is how the repub mind works. Cut services, kill people, create war. No thanks.
I don't think the typical republican would support the OP position but I hear what you are saying. I commend you for not opting for abortion in the case of your child. I work with students who have disabilities and many don't realize just how capable they can be with the right support services. I believe that if we fail to take care of our weakest members, we fail as a society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top