Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times

Advertisements

I cannot stand Bill O'Reilly. I say this not because of his political beliefs, but rather because he will NEVER admit when he is wrong. It's his way or the highway. He cuts his guests off in mid-sentence and is extremely rude. I don't know why people watch him, even if they do share his views. Does anyone else feel this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
NO..! You're the only one...
Bill's great, he cuts people off when they try to BS and get off the subject. If they could answer the question without dancing, he lets them talk...

Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
I agree with Steve... for once He is a total egocentric.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
NO..! You're the only one...
Bill's great, he cuts people off when they try to BS and get off the subject. If they could answer the question without dancing, he lets them talk...
Ahhh! Someone who has actually watched him! He's always pissing me off when he defends Obama when I don't agree--which he's done more times than I care to admit--but I don't hate him because of it. Again, someone who gets their opinions for the masses instead of finding out for himself (the O/P).

Old 11-15-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I agree with Steve... for once He is a total egocentric.
See....we CAN agree on something! I tried watching O'Reilly many times, but I just can't get past his rudeness and overblown ego. He should at least let people finish their sentences even if they are trying to dance around the subject, and then call them on it.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Ahhh! Someone who has actually watched him! He's always pissing me off when he defends Obama when I don't agree--which he's done more times than I care to admit--but I don't hate him because of it. Again, someone who gets their opinions for the masses instead of finding out for himself (the O/P).
As I said, I don't judge him based on his political beliefs. Rude and egocentric apply no matter what he believes in my book.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Yeah, when he thinks someone's BSing rather than answering a question, he cuts them off. They could be answering the question, but he deems their answer BS so cuts them off. And then he says things that are plainly misleading and stupid, and what gets me is that I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that he misrepresents things, but he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
See....we CAN agree on something! I tried watching O'Reilly many times, but I just can't get past his rudeness and overblown ego. He should at least let people finish their sentences even if they are trying to dance around the subject, and then call them on it.
I meant you, Steve - total egocentric. Just Kidding

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Yeah, when he thinks someone's BSing rather than answering a question, he cuts them off. They could be answering the question, but he deems their answer BS so cuts them off. And then he says things that are plainly misleading and stupid, and what gets me is that I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that he misrepresents things, but he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him.
It doesn't take someone in disagreement to see when someone is dancing around a topic, avoiding answering. I admit, he can be abrasive and it's not my favorite style but it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. It would be pretty dull if everyone reacted the same to everything--like most liberals would like us all to do.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
YOU ARE ABsolutely right! I wrote him an email because I was so p--sed off at him that some of us can see through him with his fake attempts to make himself appear fair when, in fact, his aim simply is to ring alarms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies