Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 01:20 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Maybe you are right - I did not check each and every plan offered by BC/BS of Arizona (nor did you I suspect).

Be that as it may - you still are insurable - you simply do not like the cost.
Wow.. NOW you get it

Yeah.. GD.. Maybe.. I AM right.. I SHOPPED IT.. I"M LIVING IT.. I AM right.

Cost.. DUH... that is the entire problem with the health insurance industry COST.. I have a problem with the COST and I have a problem with NO CHOICES!! I have a problem with it all...

$1050/month is $12060/ year!!! $1050 a month is a MORTGAGE Payement for a lot of people!! COST is the PROBLEM with accesability to health insurance AND healthcare!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You really have a bad attitude TM -

DITTO!!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
NO.. I CAN'T.. those "affordable" plans are Medically underwritten That means that they will not accept me as a client because I am disqualified based ontheir underwriting policies.

THe ONLY choice I have is a $500/month individual or $1050/family from BCBS AND to boot they will not cover anything diabetes related for the first year!!

AGain.. a difference between pre-existing condition clause and a medically underwritten guideline
OK, so you can get coverage for $500. You don't all have to be covered from the same company.

Check into another one for your DH and DS. Bibit gave you headstart already.
Quote:
Aetna PPO - Deds $0, $2500, $5000 - Premiums -$610;$394;$263
Total $763 instead of $1050. That's a savings of $287 per month.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
And, that is EXACTLY what I wrote!!!!!! (See post #248)

Oh..there you go again.

NO>. You said that there are other plans out there.... .that are "affordable" and that I am insureable but that the condition will be uncovered for a year!!

I call YOu out on your misinformation and then you try to claim that's what you said.. what a riot!!

I'm ONLY insureable if I pay a RIDICULOUS UNAFFORDABLE PREMIUM GD!!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:25 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Quote:
AGain.. a difference between pre-existing condition clause and a medically underwritten guideline
Your problem stemmed from your lapsing your coverage. I had breast cancer and a "medically underwritten" individual policy tried to BS me with the pre-ex condition, writing all my providers from 20 years ago to stick me with any diagnosis remotely connected to the cancer. Their policy waives pre-ex if continuously insured for 12 months prior. I've never been without insurance, through job loss or otherwise. End of story with them.

While your child and husband have no conditions for which they may be deemed "uninsurable" like you say, insure them NOW! That way, you don't repeat for THEM what you have done for yourself! It could be worse than diabetes. Do you really want to risk it?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
The cost of health insurance is high for a number of reasons.
One reason being that those that are currently healthy opt out of the pool thus increasing the premiums for those that do pay.
Another is the costs the insurers cover. $100,000 a hospitalization is not extraordinary. Part of that charge is to cover those that get treated and have no insurance.
There's a double whammy for those that do pay for coverage.

The first you you contribute to. The second, I sincerely hope you won't.....but it happens.

You've been there a month. Wow! We just moved two months ago.I know very well what moving entails.And bought a fixer upper that needing one hell of a lot of fixing up to be liveable and I am one hell of a lot older than you.
Important things got done in a timely manner.

Did you wait through the struggle of unpacking and cleaning to get the phone and TV hooked up? Groceries in? What we're saying is you don't put any priority on things that some of us consider extremely important and about which you are know complaining.
"I'm not "fixing it up" Im' PAINTING it!! "
I suggest you stop going by your "memory" of my posts..as it's inaccurate and your memory seems to be slipping in your old age"

Your posts remain searchable here.I don't have to depend on memory, although it's been pretty accurate so far.

Man.. you looking at just ME

As I mentioned before. You represent too many who can affect the direction of this country.

You know what's really ironic? If the things you wish for came to pass in the way you think they would be, I'd personally probably benefit.

Now that we are old enough to be 'taken care of', medically, by our wonderful government coverage, I would really caution you......be careful what you wish for.I've mentioned on CD a few times that between my husband and I, medical out of pocket costs are over $10,000 a year.
Thank you Uncle Sam.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
OK, so you can get coverage for $500. You don't all have to be covered from the same company.

Check into another one for your DH and DS. Bibit gave you headstart already. Total $763 instead of $1050. That's a savings of $287 per month.

Man.. you all have a reading comprehension problem

I was paying $856/month in one state for me and my son.. he had to come on with me as a minor..

I MOVED to get away from high costs.. and reduce cost due to my reduced income!! HOWEVER .. THe plans I can get and combinations of the plans are almost the SAME..

ANd THE DEDUCTABLES ARE HIGHER!!! MY deductable under my $500/month plan I believe is $2000 and combination of husband and son $2000.. so that's $5000 out of pocket on top of almost $800/month in premiums..

GEEZ people..what part of INSURANCE PREMIUMS ARE RIDICULOUS DO YOUNOT UNDERSTAND..

aNd about a gazillion posts back I did say that i found one for my hsuband and son seperate from mine but that it STILL EQUALED what I was paying for insurance every month back in NY !!!!!!!!!

AND the point is that WHILE I MAY BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT there are many out there WHO CAN'T.. or is it that somene is actually compassionate for other people and this ridiculous cost that is beyond your comprehension!!! I'm not only angry and upset about it for myself.. but what about people who find themselves in MY position who CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
Quote:
Oh..there you go again.

NO>. You said that there are other plans out there.... .that are "affordable" and that I am insureable but that the condition will be uncovered for a year!!

I call YOu out on your misinformation and then you try to claim that's what you said.. what a riot!!

I'm ONLY insureable if I pay a RIDICULOUS UNAFFORDABLE PREMIUM GD!!
TM - the definition of uninsurable is just that...no one will insure you at whatever cost, no way no how. Like if you had end-stage renal disease and you want life insurance. You are insurable, but you don't like the cost.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Your problem stemmed from your lapsing your coverage. I had breast cancer and a "medically underwritten" individual policy tried to BS me with the pre-ex condition, writing all my providers from 20 years ago to stick me with any diagnosis remotely connected to the cancer. Their policy waives pre-ex if continuously insured for 12 months prior. I've never been without insurance, through job loss or otherwise. End of story with them.

While your child and husband have no conditions for which they may be deemed "uninsurable" like you say, insure them NOW! That way, you don't repeat for THEM what you have done for yourself! It could be worse than diabetes. Do you really want to risk it?
BitBit . you are wrong.. because whenI called them up I a m WITHIN THE ALLOTED time to find new coverage.. I'm NOT outside of the 90 days.. the problem is NOT the 90 days.. it's that they deny me insurance coverage PERIOD because I have a medical condition and do not meet their medical guidlines. THE ONLY guaranteed issue plan is offeredby BCBS!!!

The falling OUTSIDE of the 90 days is ONLY going to happen becuase BCBS won't allow me to enroll as a new enrollment till January.. which is BEYOND my 90 days.. OR I can transfer in and pay Oct, NOv , DEC which would eman a $1500 check to them to "transfer" my previous BCBS coverage from antoher state to theirs..

Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Man.. you all have a reading comprehension problem
Your continuing rudeness, "yelling" at other posters, your condescending remarks, such as the above, is totally and completely uncalled for

Posters have asked you, politely, VERY politely to calm down, stop yelling, and stop being so emotional in these discussions - you have refused.

Believe it or not - many here have and are actually trying to help you but your complete blind arrogance is getting in the way of any meaningful discussion with you -

Take a Chill Pill TM - if anyone here needs it - it is YOU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies