Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily use this line too often in your posts, y'know. People in glass houses should throw no stones.
This post makes no sense. Why don't you at least validate or explain what you mean by that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
This is actually getting humorous.
Edited to take that back.....since most people on here can also vote, I guess there's nothing funny about it.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:59 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This post makes no sense. Why don't you at least validate or explain what you mean by that.
You have to be here a while and following the healthcare threads...

Old 11-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I would only respect your experience if you have obtained it while within the healthcare setting, either within the insurance or pharma industry, or in the provider setting (hospital or doctor's office), preferably either in finance, pricing, actuarial or claims. You reading it in the links you post, nor the difficulties you have experienced while navigating the system, in my book do not count as experience, nor research. You have been posting on healthcare and UHI for a year now here in POC. I have not read anything different, nor have you provided anything of value to your arguments. They are without financial or economic basis whatsoever, other than what you "read". If I were to interview you for a job, I would not hire you based on this so called experience.

Sorry.
Well, I am in the healthcare business and I can vouch for TRISTANSMOMMY 100%. I work as an anesthetist and I am also involved with product development.

Here is another consideration. Healthcare insurance companies have found multiple loopholes with the 1996 HIPAA act to avoid covering the expenses of a pregnant woman. The insurance companies find ways to call a pregnancy a "pre-existing condition" whenever possible. Should a family need to change there health insurance, for whatever reason, while the wife is pregnant, a waiting period for prenatal and birth coverage is often 10 months or more.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:11 PM

"The insurance companies find ways to call a pregnancy a "pre-existing condition" whenever possible. Should a family need to change there health insurance, for whatever reason, while the wife is pregnant, a waiting period for prenatal and birth coverage is often 10 months or more."

Is this so if there is no lapse in coverage from one insurer to the next?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A little off topic but, do you oppose profit being made in other areas such as food, energy, housing etc?
As far as I know, the water that comes out of our faucets is managed by municipal or government agencies unless you have a private well. What if that water were to be managed by a private company for profit? And what if that private company increased the price of the water similar to the way gas increased when it was up to over $4/gallon?

We all must have potable water at any cost. What would happen then?

By the way, do we have "socialized" water?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
"The insurance companies find ways to call a pregnancy a "pre-existing condition" whenever possible. Should a family need to change there health insurance, for whatever reason, while the wife is pregnant, a waiting period for prenatal and birth coverage is often 10 months or more."

Is this so if there is no lapse in coverage from one insurer to the next?
Yes if it is an individual health policy.

WikiAnswers - Is being pregnant considered a pre-existing condition when changing insurance

Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM

From your own link.......

"if you have had your old health insurance for any period of time - especially for twelve months already - you get credit for that coverage and your waiting period for pre-ex is eliminated on the new plan"

Guess being an anesthetist doesn't equal being an insurance expert,huh?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
It is state specific, even on an individual policy.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Well, I am in the healthcare business and I can vouch for TRISTANSMOMMY 100%. I work as an anesthetist and I am also involved with product development.

Here is another consideration. Healthcare insurance companies have found multiple loopholes with the 1996 HIPAA act to avoid covering the expenses of a pregnant woman. The insurance companies find ways to call a pregnancy a "pre-existing condition" whenever possible. Should a family need to change there health insurance, for whatever reason, while the wife is pregnant, a waiting period for prenatal and birth coverage is often 10 months or more.
Again, this was a response to the post where profit was being discussed. It might help if you read from the beginning of the post (or all of her posts on healthcare in multiple threads), if you haven't already. TristansMommy's post was dissatisfaction about premium costs, network inadequacy, absence of coverage in certain areas of her state, etc. etc. She has been called to explain her position on the amount of profit that insurance companies take, or their lack of concern about their members (vis a vis their profit).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies