U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,677,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
And many who are gay, simply aren't out for rights, but an idealogical agenda
And many hate mongers come up with all kinds of pretexts to peddle their bigotry.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,110,510 times
Wouldn't it have been better to not start a thread about this if you're sick and tired of gay and racial issues being discussed?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:56 AM

695 posts, read 1,203,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I guess you'll just have to get over it, won't you.

Or use the Ignore List. That's what I've done with most of the Bible-bangers, and I'm much happier because of it.
I don't have to "get over" anything. And yes, I can put some people on ignore.

But doesn't it bother you that people are putting homosexuals on "Ignore" because they're so danged obnoxious? It's not the homosexuality that's the problem, it's the obnoxiousness.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,302,783 times
^ Hey JeffreySH, you want to know what is obnoxious? People who write crap like this. So stop been one and others will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
I've not been on this forum for too long, but I've noticed that there are a few members here who somehow turn everything into a homosexual rights rant.

There's one doofus who even managed to turn the "light rail in Omaha" discussion into a gay-rights thing.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I have no way of knowing whether any member here is gay or straight, or what race they are. The only way I'd know is if they specifically say so. But there are a few who so flagrantly and constantly flaunt their gayness that you just get sick of it. Aren't they able to talk about anything else?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,867,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
Wow, so stereotypical
Pot, meet Kettle....

Old 11-22-2008, 09:35 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,881,021 times
just change the channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
Is it just me or is everybody else sick of being bombarded by gay this, and gay that, black this, slavery that?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,462,313 times
Quote:
I've not been on this forum for too long, but I've noticed that there are a few members here who somehow turn everything into a homosexual rights rant.

There's one doofus who even managed to turn the "light rail in Omaha" discussion into a gay-rights thing.

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I have no way of knowing whether any member here is gay or straight, or what race they are. The only way I'd know is if they specifically say so. But there are a few who so flagrantly and constantly flaunt their gayness that you just get sick of it. Aren't they able to talk about anything else?
That's funny because I see the uber religious types dragging God into places where he doesn't need to be. "We prayed for Mccain but God let Obama win, it must be end times blah blah blah.... Pretty silly stuff.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
^ Hey JeffreySH, you want to know what is obnoxious? People who write crap like this. So stop been one and others will follow.
Awwwwwwww... Did I hurt hims feelings by speaking something that hits too close to home?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
That's funny because I see the uber religious types dragging God into places where he doesn't need to be. "We prayed for Mccain but God let Obama win, it must be end times blah blah blah.... Pretty silly stuff.

How different is that than homosexuals claiming "God made me this way."? Is it okay for one "group" to invoke the blessings of God and not the other, or the wrath of God, or whatever?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:55 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,302,783 times
Quote:
Awwwwwwww... Did I hurt hims feelings by speaking something that hits too close to home?
LOL, well you just keep been that obnoxious person you don't claim to be. You are doing a hell of a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies