Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:25 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterserv View Post
No one who is truly a Constitution minded patriotic American would have approved of George Bush's invasion of Iraq. One needn't be a superstitious person (christian) to have an opinion one way or the other. So long as they could read and comprehend English.
Most Americans would describe themselves as all of the above, and supported the war.

A Christian is supposed to hold himself to a higher moral standard, that transcends law, and enters the realm of feeding the poor, refraining from unnecessary killing, compassion and mercy. So while someone who might consider it 'patriotic' to seek revenge killing, the teachings of Jesus would emphasize 'turning the other cheek'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 08:07 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan08 View Post
Yeah right have you read the Bible? No one who is a true christian would vote democrat and kill babies. All of them have blood on their hands. God sees all.
Personally I would support the rights of the unborn over the right of a woman to choose. It's not an easy issue because the woman's rights issue is not insignificant. But let's suppose Roe v Wade was overturned as the Conservatives want.

I'm personally ok with it. But we would need to fund the resources required to remake our sub-standard orphanage system.

Since it would be a Federal law and Federally funded, we would need standards to ensure that every state maintains it's facilities to code.
We would need to hire thousands of qualified teachers and counsellors to make sure that these children are raised in the best possible manner, with all opportunities open to them.

We would then need to address the issues of adoption, the rights of the adopted children, the rights of the birth parents.

They are not easy issues and will require the financial support of all Americans. Perhaps an additional luxury tax specifically for the orphanages.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:12 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
No one who is truly a Christian would have approved of George Bush's invasion of Iraq.
No, we should have just allowed more killing on our home turf. Would that have been more Christian? Please.......!!

Christians believe in the death penalty too. Gee, I wonder why. Even the Bible says and eye for an eye.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:28 AM

540 posts, read 629,960 times
You should read Revelations. It is full of predictions of the author with God taking his vengeance out on ...well....mostly unbelievers.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:39 AM

234 posts, read 294,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Christians have always fought evil whether in war or by vote or speaking out. Its easy to read history .
Really?
Just like during the Inquisition or the Witch hunt and the burning of the witches.
And if the Christians then were wrong, what makes the Christians today such a experts on defining evil.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:40 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Come on KC that is the weakest Christian basher yet. You've been watching too many Excalibur movies. To suggest that people of a Christian persuasion born and reared in this magnificent country can in any measure equate Christians with Muslims is reprehensable.
Christians don't sever the heads of their enemies on national television. They don't have enemies, read the new testament sometimes and you will understand that. Muslims will cut your head off if you don't submit. Read the Koran sometimes, it's in there. In fact historically speaking it is little more than a copy cat religion invented to provide identity to a competing culture. Problem is they left out some things and added some things.
Christians don't plant bombs in their own streets killing innocents to win you to the gospel. Christians don't demand you do anything. Now did your mommy try and get you out of bed before ten on Sunday and make you go to church? Tell the truth? Now your furious right? So the entire Christian world is damned by many of you for suggesting to you that it is a good moral teaching that would be good for you if you made it inclusive in your life.
Now go to the blackboard and write 100 times. Christians didn't bomb the world trade center or bomb the U.S.S. Cole, or bolw up Lockerby, or knock down two buildings and kill 3,000 people et al ad infinitum for the last 35 years or so. But we know who did don't we? -Can you say Muslims?
Huh? Can you say "waterboarding"...aw, forget it. I'm not speaking the same language.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:52 AM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Quote:
You should read Revelations. It is full of predictions of the author with God taking his vengeance out on ...well....mostly unbelievers.
Yes fear is a powerful thing, and most sheeple will believe anything you put in front of them.
The questions are: What religion did Christianity come from? What religion was Jesus? So who is god? If Jesus was the son of god, then isn't god the Hebrew god? Since well when you get down to it, isn't that were it leads too?
And to believe that a people are a "chosen race" way out there for me. One guy at work said "we must protect Israel, it is written" I walked away thinking, "this nut needs some serious psychiatric treatment".

"I think since about 8 years old I've been able to "see" brainwashing, and have always been able to avoid it"-doubbltunman

I'll stand with Einstein, the smartest man known to ever exist-

Albert Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday. The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.
As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people".
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.
Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter

Old 11-29-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Christians don't sever the heads of their enemies on national television. They don't have enemies, read the new testament sometimes and you will understand that. Muslims will cut your head off if you don't submit. Read the Koran sometimes, it's in there. In fact historically speaking it is little more than a copy cat religion invented to provide identity to a competing culture. Problem is they left out some things and added some things.
Christians don't plant bombs in their own streets killing innocents to win you to the gospel. Christians don't demand you do anything. Now did your mommy try and get you out of bed before ten on Sunday and make you go to church? Tell the truth? Now your furious right? So the entire Christian world is damned by many of you for suggesting to you that it is a good moral teaching that would be good for you if you made it inclusive in your life.
No, right now the Christians don’t do all those cruel things. But only because they are in control. Let’s face it. They are in control of the most powerful country in the world and consequently the world. Threaten that control and the Christians are capable of a lot of cruelty. The history can prove that. You don’t want me to start listing all the cruel things the Christians did trough the history. It will take pages and pages.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:15 AM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
No, right now the Christians don’t do all those cruel things. But only because they are in control. Let’s face it. They are in control of the most powerful country in the world and consequently the world. Threaten that control and the Christians are capable of a lot of cruelty. The history can prove that. You don’t want me to start listing all the cruel things the Christians did trough the history. It will take pages and pages.
Ummmmm.........So sorry to be the one, to tell you,.......The Christians are not in control. They are led to believe it, for as long as they think they are, the real masters do as they wish. The day will come when they come from behind the curtain and pronounce their triumph. And all who fight it or wont submit will be dealt with. I hope I will be dead and gone before this happens. For their reign will be short and the people will eventually overtake them, there will be great bloodshed, famine and pestulance. I predict some thousand years of this to regain control. Boy arent all these Christians who've been fooled gonna be pod!
It almost appears through the "set-up" wall street debacle and economic downturn-the plan maybe in motion.

Yeah Yeah yeah-The truth aint never heard nobody!

Old 11-29-2008, 09:16 AM

Here is interesting link listing all the cruelty in the Bible.

Cruelty and Violence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies