U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 01:37 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,185,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Tall people are not a protected class.

Allergic people are not a protected class.
We should be.I think I should sue the manufacturer of the Mini Cooper for excluding me from being able to drive their vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,794,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
We should be.I think I should sue the manufacturer of the Mini Cooper for excluding me from being able to drive their vehicles.

You could drive it. If you fit in most cars you fit in the Cooper . Its low to the ground and no real back room but you will fit up front.

Its not a clown car.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:46 PM

38,854 posts, read 20,157,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i've agreed with you in the past many times, but on this one, i find myself disagreeing. the co obviously puts lots of time and money in researching their "questions of compatibility". these questions were specifically designed for hetro couples, not gays. as a gay man, i would think that the "questions" would not be compatible with a gay relationship b/c we just have different ways of viewing the world and possibly relationships. i'd rather use a co that geared its questions directly to MY world and relationships. For example, if a drug co developed a drug and tested it on 20-25 year old males in its exhaustive studies, where it was proved to work. then another drug co tests a me-too drug on males aged 40-50 with equal results, i'd rather use the one that tested it on 40-45. since i'm 44 years old, i am convinced that it would be the better treatment for me.
Wow! I actually found a post of yours that I agree with! Yikes!

Old 11-21-2008, 01:47 PM

29,041 posts, read 45,010,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
are you unaware of these sites? they have sites for asians only, muslims only, black only. it's all over. give me a break.
Not the same thing at ALL, because non-Muslims/Asians/Blacks/etc are still allowed to join, whereas eHarmony did not have an option for homosexuals. I belong to jDate, a site for Jewish singles, and there have been plenty of non-jews who contacted me - so obviously it doesn't exclude anyone, but rather focuses on a particular group. I'm not saying I agree with this eHarmony lawsuit, but you are comparing apples and oranges there. However, this is the reason I never joined eHarmony, because they are clearly Christian/conservative-centered... I tried filling out their registration form once, and it was soooooo skewed in that direction (I can give examples if you wish).

Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You all crack me up, going on about how private industry shouldn't be forced to deal with people they don't like.

Yeah, let's go back to the days when an employer could say "NO JEWS AND NO BLACKS" in his Help Wanted ad.

Or when a restaurant could refuse to serve someone based on the customer's skin color.

I know that MANY of you would love to see signs that say "NO GAYS" in storefronts, right?
So a site that caters to black singles should be forced to display ads for whites, latinos, asians, etc? A Christian site be forced to display ads for Muslims, Jews, Athiests, etc. It's about serving a niche market.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so if they refused to offer dating services for asian women that would be OK?

if its a dating service, make it for everyone. why be discriminatory against one group?
A site that caters to black singles would not have ads for asian women. Should we force them to do so for "equality" sake?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not the same thing at ALL, because non-Muslims/Asians/Blacks/etc are still allowed to join, whereas eHarmony did not have an option for homosexuals. I belong to jDate, a site for Jewish singles, and there have been plenty of non-jews who contacted me - so obviously it doesn't exclude anyone, but rather focuses on a particular group. I'm not saying I agree with this eHarmony lawsuit, but you are comparing apples and oranges there. However, this is the reason I never joined eHarmony, because they are clearly Christian/conservative-centered... I tried filling out their registration form once, and it was soooooo skewed in that direction (I can give examples if you wish).
That's the whole purpose of serving a niche market. People join dating services that are tailored to meet their needs. Conservative Christian dating sites should not be forced to serve gay clientele as the lifestyle is not approved by conservative Christians.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:04 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,031,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Each and every dating site is not made for ALL people. The people that joing J Date want to meet other Jewish people, same with Black Singles, so on and so forth.

Why does the gay community insist on insertingthemselves into each and every aspect of non-gay society? Putting homosexuality in everyone's face will NOT make it more acceptable by society. Its like a confident nerd in high school who keeps trying to crash the cool kids lunch table.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,448,447 times
I hope every Chick fil-a hires a gay. There are a bunch of companies that claim to be Christain. If I were gay, I'd challenge every Christian company out there. Google "Christain companies" you might be surprised how many companies use that marketing ploy.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I hope every Chick fil-a hires a gay. There are a bunch of companies that claim to be Christain. If I were gay, I'd challenge every Christian company out there. Google "Christain companies" you might be surprised how many companies use that marketing ploy.
There are plenty of organizations that affirm gays, why do you feel the need to bully Christian organizations? Here lies one of my biggest complaints about the whole gay rights movement (agenda). You won't be satisfied until you have silenced all of those with opposing views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies