U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM

9,830 posts, read 19,573,582 times

Advertisements

If I was the owner of eHarmony I'd rather burn the website down then be forced to hand it over to the gays.

It's clear gays are on the march to destroy the country and it's values and we are going to have to fight it at every turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,024,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
If I was the owner of eHarmony I'd rather burn the website down then be forced to hand it over to the gays.

It's clear gays are on the march to destroy the country and it's values and we are going to have to fight it at every turn.
Riigghtttt.......

Old 11-21-2008, 09:34 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,398,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
When a PRIVATE company is forced to change their business practice at considerable expense to keep a few homos happy, it is a sick environment. Don't like a company's business practice? Don't shop there.
Let me open a new dating website, no Whites. Only minorities. I want to hear all the conservative red states howl about it. Would that be fair?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:

"Fight, fight, fight..." you sound like McCain hitting his podium during the campaign and almost dying of breath shortens. Oh yeah, he LOST.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,353,280 times
are you unaware of these sites? they have sites for asians only, muslims only, black only. it's all over. give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Let me open a new dating website, no Whites. Only minorities. I want to hear all the conservative red states howl about it. Would that be fair?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:47 AM

17,611 posts, read 19,036,689 times
Quote:

I didn't want to believe this but I'm starting to think that its true. You don't have Christians suing to be represented on J-Date or Asian people making legal demands to be on Black Singles...this is crazy.

I am starting to believe that for the gay community, it must become a gay world where everyone HAS TO accept everything about them or they will make our lives pure hell.

One thing about the Black civil rights movement is that we weren't demanding that it become a "Black" world where WE had to be included in EVERYTHING.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,795,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I could not believe the absurb arrogance and sense of entitlement that forced that corporate entity to service clients not of their choosing. When did it become litigious for someone to decide the type of dating service they wanted to run? More importantly, what right does a court have to cram inclusivity of gays into said corporation's structure?

Are gays the new monarchy in this country?

We agree to disagree as I believe in gay marriage but I do agree with you that Eharmony is a private co not a gvmt co and thus should cater to who it wants.

If they were an Islamic dating co I doubt that request would be made of them.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,430,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Can you show me where they are whining about this one?

BlackPeopleMeet.com - The Black People Network

Or this one?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.he5i...cnty/phillips/

Or this one?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu67b5i...1A9D7C61992EF7

I'll stop there and wait for a reply rather than post the dozens of other ones that come up on an easy search.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:50 AM

7,020 posts, read 10,120,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If a business offers a service to the general public it accepts the responsibility for providing the service to ALL of the public. Gay people are part of the public with all the rights and responsibilities of any citizen. If the dating service does not want to serve ALL of the public they can go out of business.

This was a good and reasonable ruling.
You are confusing private industry with government and other non private industries. What you have stated would be the equivalent of saying that an attorney in private practice does not have the choice of denying representation of anyone who walks through the door and demands it vs. a public defender. One is a public servant while the other is a private industry.

Apples and oranges.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Can you show me where thay are whining about this one?

BlackPeopleMeet.com - The Black People Network
If you feel left out, then sue the company. Don't show me, call your lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies