Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Just because you do not agree with a viewpoint does not mean that it needs to be silenced. .
But this is EXACTLY what you are trying to do. You keep talking on & on about how gays are forcing their agenda on you. No, they are not. It's a simple fact that they want the equal right of getting married. There is no agenda, there is no special rights going on, unless you consider getting married a special right, in which case you would be wrong. And I also assure you that most gays do not wish to get married in a church, they would wish to get married at city hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 PM

135 posts, read 515,620 times
I don't think its that at all, they just want to KNOW who is and who isn't. Its not like it was when it was White vs Black, heck that was easy.

But with Gay people you really don't know who is and who isn't (unless your a screaming queen) and that's their real problem......Remember Don't ask, don't tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, well, that's your choice, though, and I do understand your point.

My problem is with the people who are saying that a private business shouldn't have to deal with people they don't want to deal with. How far do we go with that?

I can agree with the libertarian philosophy sometimes too, but it can be a harsh world if you allow businesses to discriminate like that.

I've been having a conversation with a very intelligent but very conservative man recently, who absolutely advocates that gays be separated from straights as much as possible. He wants to see "heteros only" restaurants, public parks, etc.

I can't help but a laugh a little - you just know there are many here on this board who would like to see the same thing!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Default Private Company Forced to Offer Gay Dating Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm sure there must be dozens upon dozens of online gay dating services. should they be sued by straight people?
I know some straight guys who have turned down by Eharmony but they didn't sue over it. It's a shame some feel they need to push their beliefs on everyone else, for me Eharmony should have the right to refuse service to anyone they wish and run their buisness as they wish.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I know some straight guys who have turned down by Eharmony but they didn't sue over it. It's a shame some feel they need to push their beliefs on everyone else, for me Eharmony should have the right to refuse service to anyone they wish and run their buisness as they wish.
I actually got turned down by them. Years ago, I went thru the godawful lengthy process of answering all those questions & at the very end, they said I wasn't compatible w/anyone, they felt I wouldn't compromise on things. I laughed my ass off when I read it! Here it is, this big dating service & they couldn't find anyone compatible for me, like I was some "undatable"? I'm sorry, that's absurd. And it's also absurd that they wouldn't allow gays, which is why when I found that out, along w/my incompatability, I decided never to try to go on there again.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnryOne View Post
Remember Don't ask, don't tell
Yes. Another injustice that should be overturned. I'm confident it will be soon.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes. Another injustice that should be overturned. I'm confident it will be soon.
I agree. And unfortunately, wasn't that put through during Clinton's time? Shame on him!

Old 11-21-2008, 05:29 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,073,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
You could drive it. If you fit in most cars you fit in the Cooper . Its low to the ground and no real back room but you will fit up front.

Its not a clown car.
My sis had one and yes it is a clown car and it was hard to fit in for me to drive it comfortably(riding was no problem once I got folded up and got in it).I still think I'll move forward with my pretend lawsuit.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I agree. And unfortunately, wasn't that put through during Clinton's time? Shame on him!
No, I don't think we need to shame Clinton. The only reason DADT was created was because conservatives had a hissy fit when Clinton announced that he wanted to open the military for everyone to serve openly. It was a sad compromise, but it was better than what we would have gotten had Poppy Bush been reelected: NOTHING.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,809,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm sure there must be dozens upon dozens of online gay dating services. should they be sued by straight people?
I think behind the entire thing was the fact that the eHarmony site was created by a man with a connection to several Chrisitan groups. This was never about a gay on eHarmony; it was about a gay man attacking religion.

Vile.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I think behind the entire thing was the fact that the eHarmony site was created by a man with a connection to several Chrisitan groups. This was never about a gay on eHarmony; it was about a gay man attacking religion.

Vile.
That's only your speculation, of course.

But if you want to call fighting for equality "vile", I'd say it's not as vile as this.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies