U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 PM

31 posts, read 27,686 times

Advertisements

I think a major point is being missed, I should think most gays would be against labels. Nonetheless, I have a right to be a homophobe. I have a right to be tolerated as a homophobe...why does that have to be a dirty word? How come there has to be a special word for this particular dislike anyways? As long as individual gays tolerate my homophobia, I tolerate their homosexuality. I don't have to like blacks, gays, or other whites. I don't have to like liberals, libertarians, or other conservatives. I don't have to like Hispanics, or other Italians; Muslims, Hidus, or other Christian sects...or anyone else. I simply have an obligation as a citizen to get along with them. Hell, no one likes a straight, white, European, conservative, Born Again Christian except another straight, white, European, conservative, Born Again Christian. We call people who don't like us poo-poo heads. Get over it everyone. Tolerance swings both ways, pun intended.

Last edited by callmechaz; 09-08-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,945,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmechaz View Post
I think a major point is being missed, I should think most gays would be against labels.
You think that's a major point? Really?

Quote:
Nonetheless, I have a right to be a homophobe.
Yes you do. Congratulations on that great achievement.

Quote:
I have a right to be tolerated as a homophobe...
You are being tolerated. No one is going to arrest you for being anti-gay. But don't expect to receive compliments for it.

Quote:
How come there has to be a special word for this particular dislike anyways?
It's called language. Would you prefer to just be called anti-gay? I actually prefer that word to "homophobe" because it's usually a more accurate descriptor.

Quote:
Hell, no one likes a straight, white, European, conservative, Born Again Christian except another straight, white, European, conservative, Born Again Christian.
Everyone's a victim.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,665,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Hyperbole much?
Right wing hate monger much?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,665,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
How can you even compare this?
Well, that's true. Heterosexuals are not lobotomizing us any more or burning us at the stake, just stigmatizing. I guess we should be grateful for small favors.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:21 PM

31 posts, read 27,686 times
Greetings to AnUnidentifiedMale,

Sounds like you got my point, sort of. Is that what homophobe means, 'cause I'm not really anti-gay, I just prefer my brother doesn't marry one. I'm not against it, but I'm not "for" it. But you did get my point...everyone's a victim if they want to be.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 7 days ago)

18,792 posts, read 12,116,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have heard many stories on tv about how big group of gay people are yelling and screaming and making the life of business people almost impossible to even have customers in their restaurant. Just because the manager or owner gave money to a group who is against gay people to marry, isn't giving the gay people the right to make these business owners life miserable and isn't doing the gay community any good.

With this kind of behavior the gay community isn't getting more respect and it will cause more intolerance towards their lifestyle.

Since there is freedom of speech, they should allow both sides to give their opion and not by going into businesses and scaring customers away. Some shops have lost so much revenue that they had to fire workers and I can't believe that this is what the gay people want.

The public had a chance to vote and every one had the freedom to go out and say what they had to say and the people have spoken against it. If the gay community don't like it they can follow the legal way to try to change it and behave like people who show respect towards others....this is not the case right now and I'm very disappointed with the gay community and some famous gay people who could speak out and say that if they want to change peoples mind they should do it by talking and discussing what they want and their views on this issue...not by violence and disrespect.

Simple- most are libs and therefore hypocritical by definition. They want acceptance and eqaulity, yet voice hatred for Christians, conservatives, and any group unless they praise and condone, rather than simply accept, their twisted agenda.

Let gays do what they want, but don't ram that BS agenda down my throat and don't ask me to condone your behavior. Most will not change thier personal values to make you feel better and may just pay you lip service to make you stop whining. No rational person advocates violence or ill treatment against any group, inlcuding gays, but that does not mean that one must agree with that lifestyle or its practice.

There is a huge difference from acceptance and advocacy, and most gays don't seem to get that. Unless you are a PROPONANT of their views, they consider you evil. Tolerance is not enough. It is a reflection of liberal arrogance, in that they are not satisfied with tolerance, one must flock thier banner and be an advocate for aberrant behavior to be accepted by them and not branded, heaven forbid, the terrible "homophobe". It is almost as bad as being branded a "racist" by the left, but of course, nothing is bad as a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies