Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

I have heard many stories on tv about how big group of gay people are yelling and screaming and making the life of business people almost impossible to even have customers in their restaurant. Just because the manager or owner gave money to a group who is against gay people to marry, isn't giving the gay people the right to make these business owners life miserable and isn't doing the gay community any good.

With this kind of behavior the gay community isn't getting more respect and it will cause more intolerance towards their lifestyle.

Since there is freedom of speech, they should allow both sides to give their opion and not by going into businesses and scaring customers away. Some shops have lost so much revenue that they had to fire workers and I can't believe that this is what the gay people want.

The public had a chance to vote and every one had the freedom to go out and say what they had to say and the people have spoken against it. If the gay community don't like it they can follow the legal way to try to change it and behave like people who show respect towards others....this is not the case right now and I'm very disappointed with the gay community and some famous gay people who could speak out and say that if they want to change peoples mind they should do it by talking and discussing what they want and their views on this issue...not by violence and disrespect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,112 times
Sigh......yet another thread started by a straight person and yet the gay side is lambasted for all the theads on the subject.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
And this is different than the sit ins at restaurants the black community did in the 60s to protest segregation... how?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
JGY

347 posts, read 419,634 times
Blacks were born black, that is how.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM

And there's evidence that gays are born gay. So what?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
And this is different than the sit ins at restaurants the black community did in the 60s to protest segregation... how?
Because your using a false analogy here. I don't think the government is telling gays they can't go to the same schools as heteros.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Because your using a false analogy here. I don't think the government is telling gays they can't go to the same schools as heteros.
The OP said they were protesting at the restaurants of business owners who had financially supported Prop 8, which they see as discrimination against them. The sit ins in the 60s were done at restaurants that also supported discrimination by only serving whites, or by forcing blacks to only eat during certain hours or use separate entrances. While I can't speak for everywhere, to my knowledge there were never any laws that stated that blacks and whites had to eat separately, and there were restaurants that served both, even in the 60s.

Point out to me where I mentioned anything about schools. I must have missed it.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,881 times
Default Why is a group of gay people so intolerance while asking for others to be tolerance towards them?

Because those gays were been tolerant and nice before and probably (I am sure they did) bought stuff at those places. Now is understandable that they are angry, so now these business owners have to deal with it. What did these owners expect will happened? That the gays will be fine about it and move on?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 PM
JGY

347 posts, read 419,634 times
And there is evidence that gays are NOT born gay. There are 2 sides to this issue.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:11 PM

No matter which evidence you believe, I don't see how it makes a difference either way. A group of people believe that they are being discriminated against by others, so they're protesting by targeting the people they believe are trying to oppress them. They are certainly within their rights to do so as long as they follow the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies