U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 AM
JGY JGY started this thread

349 posts, read 377,869 times

Advertisements

Your opinion doesn't make a difference to me, you can't see it from my view, because you yourself never experienced the gay lifestyle, you were lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 AM

7,270 posts, read 13,490,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
Your opinion doesn't make a difference to me, you can't see it from my view, because you yourself never experienced the gay lifestyle, you were lucky.
Wait... what?

I've known literally dozens and dozens of people from many aspects of the gay community, and I've worked with people who are gay, both in a professional setting and through a non-profit group in Chicago.

I have at least one openly gay family member, and I've seen what the other side of intolerance, the side you represent, can do to a family such as mine.

I'd endeavor to say that it's you whose experience is limited, and that it's YOU, not I, who is using that limited experience to classify an entire group of people. Just goes to show you that a little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing...

Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 AM

87 posts, read 154,118 times
A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing if one does not have a large enough mind to think things through..

Old 11-22-2008, 11:19 AM

11,433 posts, read 17,106,370 times
Quote:
It is very simple, they want their sexuality to trump everything--tradition, law, religion. They demand acceptance, even at the expense of free speech.

Everything else is just a matter of procedure.
I can agree with that, the goal is not rights, it is to force everyone to accept their lifestyle as normal, the tide is turning on them, I have seen several news reports using the word intolerant while reporting about the gays, the more they protest and attack religion, the more they will widen the gap and turn their supporters agains't them.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:23 AM

14,738 posts, read 13,251,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I can agree with that, the goal is not rights, it is to force everyone to accept their lifestyle as normal, the tide is turning on them, I have seen several news reports using the word intolerant while reporting about the gays, the more they protest and attack religion, the more they will widen the gap and turn their supporters agains't them.
So if a gay couple moved next door to you, then you would in effect find yourself being made to accept their lifestyle?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,295,478 times
Quote:
Yeah and all this time religion had never attacked gays and force everyone to accept their lifestyle as abnormal. Yeah the gays just decided now to attack religion. What a surprise!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:28 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,008,596 times
Quote:
It is very simple, they want their sexuality to trump everything--tradition, law, religion. They demand acceptance, even at the expense of free speech.

Aren't you bored with this yet? God, find something else to troll about. BORING.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM

348 posts, read 458,064 times
Quote:
New word - agains't....?

You learn somethin new every day from people with educated minds...

Old 11-22-2008, 03:36 PM

348 posts, read 458,064 times
Quote:

In MacCarthy's time it was the reds - now it's the gays - long live paranoia.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:37 PM

55,480 posts, read 74,374,114 times
like any group there will be extremists that feel the ends justifies the means.
unfortunately this hurts the group very badly. the intent of so many gay posters on CDF was to gain support, the reverse has occurred because of the violent acts of a few. the great error for the many CDF posters has been to express extreme sympathy for these acts of violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies