U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:48 PM

512 posts, read 630,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
They basically started harassing me once they found out I was a christian. Up until that time I was very quiet about it, because I didn't want to drag religion into the picture. I asked them to stop slandering my wife and I even if for just long enough to work together.

Before they found out I was a christian, it was all hugs and cuddles, after they found out, it was totally different. They simply did not want to work with someone of a different lifestyle.

I was willing to put my religion aside in order to work for the best interests of the children, they were not willing to put their "gaydom" aside.

The movement imploded and taught me a lesson about political corerectness and diversity. I will no longer compromise my beliefs. I will stand firm from the beginning.
I'm sure you were a saint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
they already had equal rights in california, albeit separate but equal. They have an idealogical agenda to force everyone to accept them at the expense of free speech and democratic voting processes.
Actually in California, before Prop 8 Gay marriage was determined to be legal, and it was not separate.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
That is why I set out on a journey just to prove what you have just said. I thought that maybe it was just these people and not all gay people. The results of my findings were that the overall majority of gay people I have dialogued with have fit in with the previous group of gays I encountered.

I tried every way in the world to find some positive aspects to the gay community, but found little.
It's not their fault they don't agree with your ideology. It's not nice to attack you for it. But you are being a hypocrite. You are treating Gays as a population the same way those people treated you. You are both wrong.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:56 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,862,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Wow, you have such a profound understanding of the "gay agenda", Dude they just want to get married. The reasons are very simple they want to be able to share property legally, raise their kids w/o court battles, and visit their loved ones in the hospital. The assumption that it only has to do with sexuality is wrong. Is it so hard to believe that two people who are the same sex could actually love each other?

Actually gay marriage was legal in California under the state constitution. So to me it seams that the religious right will inflict it's will on the masses however they see fit.

The "gay agenda" is just something they use to scare you into hating the gay population. What are you so afraid of? That gay people will all of the sudden come out of the woodwork and turn you and every other straight person gay? Well here's a little advice: ITS NOT ABOUT YOU.

I am not gay, nor do I live in California, but I do believe in human rights. That means all humans.

Get some therapy.
Sounds like your Momma and Daddy did a good job a raisin' younguns'!

Old 12-08-2008, 01:07 PM

4,102 posts, read 7,349,750 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I am not your sister, and the last time I looked between my legs, I was still very much a man.
Girlfriend, why you be hatin'?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:12 PM

43,403 posts, read 52,393,689 times
I don't think we'd be hearing much from gay people if they weren't persecuted, beat up, and discriminated against so much. If gay were left alone to conduct their own business (amongst consenting adults) from day 1, and if christians hadn't decided that our laws should mirror their religious beliefs, we'd be hearing from a lot less 'outspoken' and 'demanding' groups.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,665,509 times
Quote:
I went from being the most happy go lucky type to nearly the most miserable person on earth. I had to leave it all, or I would have went insane.
Would have?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,862,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"The reasons are very simple they want to be able to share property legally, raise their kids w/o court battles, and visit their loved ones in the hospital."

No reason the things you listed couldn't be done under existing law without being married.

"Actually gay marriage was legal in California under the state constitution."

May 16, 2008

SAN FRANCISCO -- -- The California Supreme Court struck down the state's ban on same-sex marriage Thursday in a broadly worded decision that would invalidate virtually any law that discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation.

Gay marriage: California Supreme Court overturns ban - Los Angeles Times

The institution of marriage is provided primarily for the security of the children the heterosexual relationship creates. Since a homosexual relationship produces zero children, and the benefits of marriage for the adults can be arranged through other legal arrangements, their is no compelling argument for changing the definition of marriage.
Not trying to stir up trouble...just some honest feedback. Why does it bother you so much? (I see where you are coming from with the family protection and tradition and all that...but if COUPLES W/O KIDS, CONVICTED CHILD MOLESTERS, RAPISTS, SATANISTS, etc. can legally marry...I'm not sure why there is such a big deal about law-abiding gays getting married.)
Can you help me understand the why the big deal is only against gay marriage?

Old 12-08-2008, 01:22 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,922,231 times
Quote:
No but they could get our children.
Yeah, cause my second grade teacher (a gay man who died of AIDS) turned me so gay...oh wait, I'm straight. The simple fact is that if you're going to be attracted to the same sex, it doesn't matter how you're raised and how many gay people cross your path. My mother worked in community theater and my sisters figure skated, I was surrounded by gay people my whole life...but my girlfriend will tell you that I'm definitely straight, and a little too into the women because I'm always getting in trouble for checking girls out. If I wasn't turned gay with the overwhelming influence gay people had on my life, I can't imagine that other kids will be turned gay. It's chemistry, either you're turned on by one gender or the other, and sometimes both. But people aren't turned from one team to the other. The people I know who grew up to be gay are all those who were clearly gay growing up, nobody was somehow influenced by some gay person along the way that turned them gay.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,922,231 times
Quote:
For a long time, I was looking for one, just one decent gay person to treat me with respect without bashing my religious beliefs. I simply could not find it.

I tried everything under the sun, and nothing worked.

My point is that the good gays are far less vocal than the bad gays. Perhaps if more good gays would reach out in friendship then peoples views would change.

Bashing people, cussing people, calling them fundy idiots does not win over people to their cause, atheists excepting of course.
Maybe it's because your religious beliefs have no place in the 21st century. You're still following rules set for a 1st century society when 2000 years of human progress and social development have made those rules obsolete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies