Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
JGY JGY started this thread

347 posts, read 419,169 times

Advertisements

they already had equal rights in california, albeit separate but equal. They have an idealogical agenda to force everyone to accept them at the expense of free speech and democratic voting processes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,912,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGY View Post
They basically started harassing me once they found out I was a christian. Up until that time I was very quiet about it, because I didn't want to drag religion into the picture. I asked them to stop slandering my wife and I even if for just long enough to work together.

Before they found out I was a christian, it was all hugs and cuddles, after they found out, it was totally different. They simply did not want to work with someone of a different lifestyle.

I was willing to put my religion aside in order to work for the best interests of the children, they were not willing to put their "gaydom" aside.

The movement imploded and taught me a lesson about political corerectness and diversity. I will no longer compromise my beliefs. I will stand firm from the beginning.
Perhaps they had bad prior experiences with Christians and treated you poorly because of that. Sounds like you are now doing the same thing in return to the gay community which doesn't make it right. It wasn't correct if they did indeed treat you poorly based solely on the fact you were a born again Christian. You can't let a few folk's behavior dictate how you feel about the overall population. There are bad apples in every mix of people.

Just curious how they were harrassing you and slandering your wife as you stated it was a "burning hatred." How are they harrassing you to this day? Once again just curious to have a better understanding of the whole picture. I'm getting the feeling there's much more involved.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM

I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, once it became known I was a christian, they basically started forcing me to reveal my beliefs on same sex marriage and gay rights. I tried to keep the dialogue simply on the intent of the movement, but they would not drop it.

They started the usual childish name calling, like fundy and bible thumper and it went down hill from there.

I tried to steer it back to the original issue, but they simply wouldn't let it drop.

Up until this time I had a "live and let live" attitude, but after that I just could not stand by and not speak up, and thus why I post alot on the gay topics here.

I conducted an experiment later on to test my theory, and I will reveal that later.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:31 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,912,491 times
Quote:
I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, once it became known I was a christian, they basically started forcing me to reveal my beliefs on same sex marriage and gay rights. I tried to keep the dialogue simply on the intent of the movement, but they would not drop it.

They started the usual childish name calling, like fundy and bible thumper and it went down hill from there.

I tried to steer it back to the original issue, but they simply wouldn't let it drop.

Up until this time I had a "live and let live" attitude, but after that I just could not stand by and not speak up, and thus why I post a lot on the gay topics here.

I conducted an experiment later on to test my theory, and I will reveal that later.
Yep because it's so right to base the entire gay population on a few bad incidents you had I've seen many bad things done by Christians in my life and have read much hatemongering here on this forum but don't hold it against Christians as a whole. There are plenty of good decent Christians out there. I would never sink so low to lump all bad Christan behavior and use that against Christians as a whole.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 11-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-21-2008, 09:36 PM

That is why I set out on a journey just to prove what you have just said. I thought that maybe it was just these people and not all gay people. The results of my findings were that the overall majority of gay people I have dialogued with have fit in with the previous group of gays I encountered.

I tried every way in the world to find some positive aspects to the gay community, but found little.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
You are right, it is not about me, it is about my country and the values we hold dear.
It's my country too, and I support gay rights... it's also the gay American's country, so doesn't their opinion count? Last time I checked, they still have to pay taxes like the rest of us!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
That is why I set out on a journey just to prove what you have just said. I thought that maybe it was just these people and not all gay people. The results of my findings were that the overall majority of gay people I have dialogued with have fit in with the previous group of gays I encountered.

I tried every way in the world to find some positive aspects to the gay community, but found little.
Are you talking about online interactions only?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornokthe1sttime View Post
wow, you have such a profound understanding of the "gay agenda", dude they just want to get married. The reasons are very simple they want to be able to share property legally, raise their kids w/o court battles, and visit their loved ones in the hospital. The assumption that it only has to do with sexuality is wrong. Is it so hard to believe that two people who are the same sex could actually love each other?

Actually gay marriage was legal in california under the state constitution. So to me it seams that the religious right will inflict it's will on the masses however they see fit.

The "gay agenda" is just something they use to scare you into hating the gay population. What are you so afraid of? That gay people will all of the sudden come out of the woodwork and turn you and every other straight person gay? Well here's a little advice: Its not about you.

I am not gay, nor do i live in california, but i do believe in human rights. That means all humans.

Get some therapy.
exactly! Thank you! +rep!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Then it is not about you then either.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Gizmo, no not just online interactions. I have met quite a few in person and they turned out to be snakes, even worse than the online people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies