Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:24 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times

Advertisements

Well I see I have to add a number of folks to my prayer list.....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Well I see I have to add a number of folks to my prayer list.....................
Well... me too. But probably for the opposite reason.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:48 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,741 times
Want to have some fun, ask a man if he finds the idea of watching two woman having sex enjoyable... then ask him about watching two men have sex. You will get a much different reaction. On the other hand I have noticed most women dislike either image.

Personally I have faith, but I would not say I am religious due to the fact I do not follow any one set of church rules. I feel that God is bigger than one religion, so no one is totally right, and no one is totally wrong.

I am personally against homosexuality, but that is my bias, it has nothing to do with what a church has told me. I don't feel that a homosexual union should be giving the same title as a heterosexual union. Why? Because they are not the same thing. Legally they should be treated as the same thing with the same benefits, but given different names. And before you go off on me about it is just a word, it isn't important, remember we as a society, like to divide ourselves with labels. A gay relationship is two men, but two woman are lesbians. I'm white, my wife is asian, my kids are mixed, my neighbor is black, my other neighbor is hispanic. Does that make any of us better than any others? Nope, it just defines us.

Here is an ideal for some labels:

Man and Woman taking vows in a church: Holy Matrimony
Man and Man/Woman and Woman taking vows in a church: Holy Union
Anyone taking vows in front of a justice of peace: Civil Union
Anyone taking vows while drunk in Vegas: Just plain silly (Okay, okay, I don't really mean that)

Now afterward all three categories can say they were married or joined, or made permanent, or whatever. Just remember, with a legal union comes the downside of a legal divorce being possible.

And that's all I got to say on this, flame away if you feel the need.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You know what? Something has just sparked my curiosity. A lot of right-wingers on this forum find the idea of homosexuality to be so repulsive merely because they don't want to know what goes on in our bedrooms. That's a fair judgment call to make. However, a large number of them feel as if heterosexual sex is the only sex that matters because it is the only activity that results in procreation. However, judging by my sexually-charged conversations with some of my straight male peers in college, 100% of them have received oral sex at some point from a female. Isn't that "reviling" to you conservatives? How can that result in procreation? I will also say that I know of one heterosexual couple around my age that engaged in (at least once) anal intercourse. Isn't it time some of you looked into the mirror at your fellow heterosexuals who engage in oral and anal sex before chastising we in the homosexual community for "going against nature?"
Sex between a men and women is not only for procreation, at least not for a Christian married couple (a man and a woman). For example, once a Christian married couple has had children, sex is just for pleasure. If the couple can't have children, they still can enjoy each other, and this enjoyment is not all about sex.

And yes, homosexual sex, specially sex between two men, can be quite repulsive to a heterosexual man. Sex is not only an erection and ejaculation, but a mental state. This is the way I see sex between two men: I am walking through the forest on a trail by a beach, one where there are not restrooms. In this case, I carefully watch my step so I don't step on something real stinky.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
And yes, homosexual sex, specially sex between two men, can be quite repulsive to a heterosexual man.
I'm fine with that, and I think it might even be a totally natural response for a heterosexual man.

When I was in junior high and high school, I dated a few girls. When it came to "tongue-kissing time", I always thought it was gross, but I was trying to be "normal".

Certainly, we can all learn that if we don't like something, it's best to just not think about it, but I totally have empathy for straight guys who are repulsed by the idea of two guys together. All I have to do is think about how I felt when I was trying to be intimate with a girl. It just felt wrong and yucky.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:36 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm fine with that, and I think it might even be a totally natural response for a heterosexual man.

When I was in junior high and high school, I dated a few girls. When it came to "tongue-kissing time", I always thought it was gross, but I was trying to be "normal".

Certainly, we can all learn that if we don't like something, it's best to just not think about it, but I totally have empathy for straight guys who are repulsed by the idea of two guys together. All I have to do is think about how I felt when I was trying to be intimate with a girl. It just felt wrong and yucky.
I see that you are an unusually understanding person. I appreciate the way you have responded to my post.

The way I see it, there has to be some sort of dialog between the heterosexual and homosexual community, instead all all the accusations and trashing that take place in most Internet forums. Lots of us presume and misjudge all the time, and this make things unmanageable.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
One might also ask. If the anus is only for pooping why do some people including heterosexuals insist on using it for sex???? They must enjoy a significant amount of pain.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:35 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
You know what? Something has just sparked my curiosity. A lot of right-wingers on this forum find the idea of homosexuality to be so repulsive merely because they don't want to know what goes on in our bedrooms. That's a fair judgment call to make. However, a large number of them feel as if heterosexual sex is the only sex that matters because it is the only activity that results in procreation. However, judging by my sexually-charged conversations with some of my straight male peers in college, 100% of them have received oral sex at some point from a female. Isn't that "reviling" to you conservatives? How can that result in procreation? I will also say that I know of one heterosexual couple around my age that engaged in (at least once) anal intercourse. Isn't it time some of you looked into the mirror at your fellow heterosexuals who engage in oral and anal sex before chastising we in the homosexual community for "going against nature?"
is right! Good greif! Being a "conservative" or a Republican doen't mean that you have to be some kind of rabid Bible thumper. I , personally don't care a fart in a windstorm what goes on the bedrooms of homosexuals and it's none of the gay communities business what goes on in my "straight" bedroom. TROLL!! Where are the Mods on this stuff I wonder?

Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I see that you are an unusually understanding person. I appreciate the way you have responded to my post.

The way I see it, there has to be some sort of dialog between the heterosexual and homosexual community, instead all all the accusations and trashing that take place in most Internet forums. Lots of us presume and misjudge all the time, and this make things unmanageable.
Absolutely, man! I think there is a lot of fear on both sides - hetero guys afraid to talk to homo guys for all of the reasons that we all know about, but then I think a lot of homo guys are afraid to talk to hetero guys for fear of being rejected, laughed at, insulted, physically assaulted, etc.

As you said, there is a lot of trashing that goes on in most Internet forums, but on the positive side, the anonymity of the Internet can give us a chance to understand each other by asking questions that we probably never would ask someone in person.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:

I dont think anybody cares about your bedroom or who you have sex with in it.
What I think is that you dislike honest opinions in contrast to your own. But you enjoy argueing about it so you feel a need to pursue more opinions you know will be different than your own. Maybe you're a masochist.

Anyway it doesn't much matter what you do, its who you do it with. Sex between opposite genders is normal. You can draw your own conclusion about the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies