U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2008, 08:07 AM
 
Location: T or C New Mexico
2,588 posts, read 1,880,611 times
Reputation: 607

Advertisements

Homophobia Treatment Cause Symptom Medication Cure Help

http://www.stopwetting.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy27 View Post
JefferySH's logic makes a lot of sense and he called you out on it. You instead play dumb and back peddle like crazy! Sorry BUB you cant have a double standard!

 
Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
 
149 posts, read 155,871 times
Reputation: 20
AFA Issues: Homosexual Agenda - article template (http://www.afa.net/homosexual_agenda/takeover.asp - broken link)
 
Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
 
4,510 posts, read 4,116,031 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
Nice attempt at being coy.

So gay-bashers are - secretly - gay themselves.
By that logic, Christia-bashers are - secretly - Christians themselves.


See how easy that is? If it applies to one group of people, it HAS to apply to the other. Now... If you're going to say that's not true, you also have to admit that it's because you're operating with double standards. And that's hypocrisy.
No, I just go by what I see, and I see a lot of right-wing, war-mongering gay-bashing Republicans, who are closet homosexuals. I haven't yet met a Christian-basher, who secretly frequents the neighborhood church - have you?

Last edited by KRAMERCAT; 11-26-2008 at 02:41 PM..
 
Old 11-27-2008, 06:33 PM
 
4,510 posts, read 4,116,031 times
Reputation: 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Rather it makes me wonder why are half the topics on this board about gays?
Me too. Why is it such a burning topic to some? Like the Repubs who were persecuting them, and ended up being gay themselves. My philosophy is basicly live and let live, though I do believe that formal marriage is basicly reserved for a man and woman.
 
Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Lancaster NH
10 posts, read 16,111 times
Reputation: 14
Default Yeah

wow i just realized that you are right
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 AM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,043,468 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
With so many anti-gay rants here, isn't it curious that the most vehement anti-gay Republicans ended up being gay?
Like so many things in life, sexual orientation is a continum and would fall into a normal bell curve. There would be a lower number of people who are 100% gay or straight than there are people who have the potential to be bi-sexual. I say potential because most of these folks would deny any gay tendencies they have because of social pressure. But trust me. Most people have thought about and have had same sex attraction in their lives.

Again due to social pressure, many people exhibit more hostility toward gays because they have same sex tendencies in their lives that they cannot come to terms with. The stronger their same sex tendencies, the more hostile they are. People who are 100% gay or straight as well as people who are not but have come to terms with their same sex tendencies usually do not have strong feelings regarding gay issues.

- Reel
 
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 PM
 
6,760 posts, read 10,434,520 times
Reputation: 2996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy27 View Post
So does that mean the homosexuals that come out in numbers to bash straight people or are militant about their stance could have straight tendencies! Gasp! they might turn straight and the gay men be attracted to women how shocking!
Yep, you nailed it! The GLBT community is FILLED with heterophobes!
 
Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,890,897 times
Reputation: 839
Do conservatives/Republicans have no gaydar? How do they miss them all?
 
Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 25,030,074 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yep, you nailed it! The GLBT community is FILLED with heterophobes!
I don't agree that it's "filled" with heterophobes, but for those who are, I can certainly empathize with them. My guess is that you cannot.
 
Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 25,030,074 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Do conservatives/Republicans have no gaydar? How do they miss them all?
I think many of them notice it, but they don't want to acknowledge it. They believe that by ignoring it, it doesn't really exist. Nice trick, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top