U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:06 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,492,537 times

Advertisements

Generally I think the Right is more self-righteous, but now that they're losing favor with the American public (thank God!), less people are buying it.

I hope this doesn't make the Left more self-righteous. I can already kind of see it, for example I believe some liberals believe that all racist and sexist people, and corrupt CEOs should die, which disappoints me because for me, being a liberal has always been about not only helping the little guy, but showing mercy to your enemies.

Groups like PETA for example turn me off, or the more postmodern liberals who believe people should just embrace their inner animal instincts. I think people have the potential to evolve into a peaceful race, and we will not allow ourselves to degenerate into some relativist postmodern primitive society where anyone's opinion is both right and wrong and there is no meaning to life.

Liberals, I urge you not to become like the conservatives. We are not and should never be self-righteous, holier-than-thou bigots.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 AM

8,743 posts, read 10,007,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
Generally I think the Right is more self-righteous, but now that they're losing favor with the American public (thank God!), less people are buying it.

I hope this doesn't make the Left more self-righteous. I can already kind of see it, for example I believe some liberals believe that all racist and sexist people, and corrupt CEOs should die, which disappoints me because for me, being a liberal has always been about not only helping the little guy, but showing mercy to your enemies.

Groups like PETA for example turn me off, or the more postmodern liberals who believe people should just embrace their inner animal instincts. I think people have the potential to evolve into a peaceful race, and we will not allow ourselves to degenerate into some relativist postmodern primitive society where anyone's opinion is both right and wrong and there is no meaning to life.

Liberals, I urge you not to become like the conservatives. We are not and should never be self-righteous, holier-than-thou bigots.

Peace.
Democrats forever! I love the Democratic Party of America.

+Rep!

Old 11-23-2008, 12:17 AM

695 posts, read 1,165,118 times
Quote:

Peace.
These comments alone betray the fact that you think you're better than conservatives, smarter than conservatives and not as bigoted as conservatives.

Interesting confession.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 AM

4,625 posts, read 8,540,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
These comments alone betray the fact that you think you're better than conservatives, smarter than conservatives and not as bigoted as conservatives.

Interesting confession.
Right. Now off to the gas chambers with you you godless liberal commie weenie gayboy.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 AM

695 posts, read 1,165,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Right. Now off to the gas chambers with you you godless liberal commie weenie gayboy.
Ummm, that's WIENIE - not WEENIE. You know, I before E, except after C. Geez, get it right!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 AM

38,803 posts, read 19,586,517 times
Quote:

Peace.
This post reeks of self-righteousness ...

Old 11-23-2008, 02:35 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,902,141 times
Quote:

Peace.

Therein lies the irony. Bigotry and self-righteousness is no respector of politics. It is a human foible. Unless you are trying to intimate that liberals are above humanity. Am sure many believe they are in that category already, and that some of their messiah's "essence" has rubbed off onto them. And I would say with absolute certainty that liberals exhibit much more hypocrisy in general than their GOP counterparts. However, again, a common human foible.

It has always been the pious and religious who have striven to help the "little guy" and more particularly capable of showing "mercy". Again, not a respector of one's political persuasions. One's political leanings do not imbue one with godlike qualities, to entertain such an idea is pure folly.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:49 AM

15,194 posts, read 17,703,934 times
Quote:
This is a joke, right? Seriously - you can't possibly pretend that you haven't been seeing it for at least the past decade or so.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:50 AM

38,803 posts, read 19,586,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Therein lies the irony. Bigotry and self-righteousness is no respector of politics. It is a human foible. Unless you are trying to intimate that liberals are above humanity. Am sure many believe they are in that category already, and that some of their messiah's "essence" has rubbed off onto them. And I would say with absolute certainty that liberals exhibit much more hypocrisy in general than their GOP counterparts. However, again, a common human foible.

It has always been the pious and religious who have striven to help the "little guy" and more particularly capable of showing "mercy". Again, not a respector of one's political persuasions. One's political leanings do not imbue one with godlike qualities, to entertain such an idea is pure folly.
Exactly!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:43 AM

6,237 posts, read 8,252,904 times
Ideologues tend toward self righteousness. It goes both ways...and people aren't perfect, we can't rise above self righteousness 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies