U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM

262 posts, read 940,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Hey, I'm only 18.
Some college vocab is actually somewhat advance but eh...why show off?
It's ok I don't take anything to heart here, as you could say something in conversation and have it misconstrued as something else entirely when typing the same thing. I do realize college vocab can be quite advanced considering that's where all of our PHD's come from lol. So, how's college going lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,143,555 times
i find it fascinating that obama supporters have always said bring the troops home and have them safe back in america instead of dying overseas, and now they are fine with them being in afghanistan. i am glad that is cleared up!

Old 11-23-2008, 01:16 PM

8,998 posts, read 13,107,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i find it fascinating that obama supporters have always said bring the troops home and have them safe back in america instead of dying overseas, and now they are fine with them being in afghanistan. i am glad that is cleared up!
You assume ALL Obama supporters think the same thing when it comes to the war.
I never agreed with the war but if it has to go on....at least our energy is going to be focused in the right area. I wouldn't argue that war is the best way to go about things but....I'm only one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar5822 View Post
It's ok I don't take anything to heart here, as you could say something in conversation and have it misconstrued as something else entirely when typing the same thing. I do realize college vocab can be quite advanced considering that's where all of our PHD's come from lol. So, how's college going lol.
It's going okay. lol. I have a Philosophy test coming up Tuesday and while I should be studying for it.....I'll wait til later on today.

How is life where you are?

Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,796,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Actually, yes. Refocusing our efforts on Afghanistan and getting out of Iraq is exactly the change I voted for.

America is in Iraq for a min of another 3 years min . You define that as leaving soon?

Old 11-23-2008, 01:22 PM

262 posts, read 940,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
It's going okay. lol. I have a Philosophy test coming up Tuesday and while I should be studying for it.....I'll wait til later on today.

How is life where you are?
Ahh my old roomie was a poli sci major, he never studied for anything that wasn't a hard science....so he didn't study much lol. It's nice and warm, nice change from living up north for the last 4 years.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,143,555 times
i thought that most americans wanted to get out of the war altogether and consider it an economic disaster for our country, not to mention the loss of lives of our soldiers. liberals are now advocating going into another country with its associated cost and potential loss of life? i have to say that is a little surprising.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:30 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,795,546 times
Obama hasn't done anything yet, he isn't in office but I think we all would agree that Osama bin Laden still being free is a slap in the face of each and everyone who suffered and died on 911.
All that bait and switch BS with 911 being related to Iraq is over now and the reality can be confronted.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM

7,279 posts, read 13,530,952 times
With all due respect, if you didn't know that Obama was for increased troop involvement in Afghanistan, you weren't paying attention.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,796,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i thought that most americans wanted to get out of the war altogether and consider it an economic disaster for our country, not to mention the loss of lives of our soldiers. liberals are now advocating going into another country with its associated cost and potential loss of life, even in light of our current economic

I understand Iraq is costing billions but to than take the same number of troops which wont be for another 3 years anyway at the same cost of billions.

Send them to Afghanistan seems to be contrary to his original plan of cutting military operations cost as far as occupying foreign soil.

Now it seems no change just more words. I did vote for him but I see no plan now for troop removal just words.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:45 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,466,114 times
I think it is important to remember that we have a President-elect, he has not yet been sworn in...we have a current president who, by virtue of time-constraints is really not doing too much and certainly is not going to do too much given the short period of time before he leaves the Oval Office; I think our President-elect is putting together a strategic plan, he is putting together an interesting a bi-partisan team, and that is what I also strongly believe, it will be a team....and when he hits the ground on inaguration day, he will hit the ground running...I do not think he is going to be soft; I do not think he is going to be gingerly careful...I think he is going to be fair, prudent, sensible, have his ducks in a row and has an enormous task ahead of him and I think he is planning carefully; I think he is asking the right questions, I think he is looking at the 'whole' picture not simply what is specifically in front of him (which, in itself has got to be overwhelming) and I think he is really going to use some of the words of Kennedy...'ask what you can do for your country' because we are all going to have to be a team to move forward, get out of the horrible mess we got placed in and rather than finger pointing, which sure does not help or work and at this point is absolutely irrelevant, but rather figure out how we all pitch in, and I mean all...and that goes for the big companies, the Fortune 500 companies....the 3 major automobile companies as well...they have all lived well, their executives have all lived well without a care in the world for those in our country who have had to struggle and now, have to do more than struggle...if these companies want financial help, they have to make commitments not only to Congress, but to us...

And, we have an obligation to support our President-elect as well; and more significantly, we need to stop saying what he has not done yet in regard to his campain 'platform'..how can he...he has not yet been sworn in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies