U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 05:48 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,444,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar5822 View Post
Karzai: Obama promises to fight terror in region - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081123/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan - broken link)

So much for bringing everyone home within 16 months ehh? I guess the voters never saw it coming?
Wouldn't adding troops to Afghanistan be a change? Besides it's looking like a 3 year horizon now for Iraq as opposed to 16 months. I was under the impression the 16 months that was wanted by Obama was suppose to start immediately for the removal of troops from Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 05:51 PM

http://www.homepagez.com/pakhistory/Middle-East-map.gif (broken link)

It should be quiet obvious from looking at a map of the Mideast why we are prolonging being in Iraq and Afghanistan. They both have a common interest in terms of who it borders.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:52 PM

7,278 posts, read 13,527,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Wouldn't adding troops to Afghanistan be a change? Besides it's looking like a 3 year horizon now for Iraq as opposed to 16 months. I was under the impression the 16 months that was wanted by Obama was suppose to start immediately for the removal of troops from Iraq.
... and who's to say it won't?

Obama, once again, is not the President of the United States.

That won't happen for 2 more months.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,607,095 times
I guess it never occurred to Obama's supporters that once he entered into the classified briefs regarding the war on terrorism, that he may very well decide a lot of Bush's calls were done for a reason and end up agreeing with them. There are always a great deal of facts on the table that the public is never made aware of for security reasons. I didn't vote for Obama, but I really respect that he seem to want to make decisons that are the best for our country....even if it isn't always popular with the unbriefed mass.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM

50 posts, read 82,125 times
He is going to kill the troops left in iraq when he does this mark my words, and leave them like sheeps to wolves all alone and dead, then who will we blame Bush again? ha ha people cannot take responsibility and want the almighty government to take over and never have to take care of themselves??

Old 11-25-2008, 10:27 AM

262 posts, read 940,118 times
Quote:

It should be quiet obvious from looking at a map of the Mideast why we are prolonging being in Iraq and Afghanistan. They both have a common interest in terms of who it borders.
I'm glad you posted a map, a lot of people don't seem to make the geographical connection. Not saying that's the sole reason behind either operation, but it is a factor.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,879,626 times
Close thread, OP wasn't paying attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar5822 View Post
Karzai: Obama promises to fight terror in region - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081123/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan - broken link)

So much for bringing everyone home within 16 months ehh? I guess the voters never saw it coming?

Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,879,626 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ht-issues.html
Quote:

Old 11-25-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
LOL.... Who has rights to the globe? Is there some reason you are offended with geography?

You do know the location of every picture is available through a simple right click and then clicking n properties?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM

262 posts, read 940,118 times
Quote:
Close thread, OP wasn't paying attention.
Obviously you aren't paying attention to anything if you're replying to the first post without reading through what has already been said.

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/216094-copyright-issues.html
"Also, please remember that hotlinking a photo, picture, graph, chart, or any image that comes from a website that has a copyright notice displayed is definitely not acceptable."
Congratulations on not paying attention, again. If you were, please feel free to show me the copyright notice where that image came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies