U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:56 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,881,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
LOL.... Who has rights to the globe?
you do. it's your world, we're all just passing thru it. where did you steal it from? rand mc nally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Is there some reason you are offended with geography?
you do know the location of every picture is available through a simple right click and then clicking n properties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,465,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
you do. it's your world, we're all just passing thru it. where did you steal it from? rand mc nally?
Perhaps it's outdated and Iran moved?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:43 PM

1,861 posts, read 3,025,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar5822 View Post
But the general consensus among the uninformed was that he was going to bring our troops home, it's still all over the web. And yes I know quite clearly the differences between the two locations and what he originally said, and I'm pretty sure during campaigning that he never said he would nearly double the force in afghanistan.

Disclaimer: I am not an Obama hater, but I do question how much his voters actually knew about him and his policies.
Yes, he said he wanted a build-up in Afghanistan. We knew that.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM

756 posts, read 1,696,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Actually, yes. Refocusing our efforts on Afghanistan and getting out of Iraq is exactly the change I voted for.
So did I. What is the OP trying to accomplish? Find out if we knew that this was what we voted for, geez.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM

262 posts, read 940,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
So did I. What is the OP trying to accomplish? Find out if we knew that this was what we voted for, geez.
Wow sorry for my sarcasm, not that there is any of that here in the politics sub forum. He pulled in the anti-war voters, not the anti-Iraq but other wars are ok voters.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:42 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,116,018 times
jaguar5822, seriously, I would think after posting such an outlandishly ill-thought out thread and having received nothing but the strongest rebuke from you fellow members on this board that you would take your licks, slink away and perhaps ask the mods to close this useless thread.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:50 PM

756 posts, read 1,696,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar5822 View Post
Wow sorry for my sarcasm, not that there is any of that here in the politics sub forum. He pulled in the anti-war voters, not the anti-Iraq but other wars are ok voters.
Really? I'm an anti-Iraq voter.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:50 PM

30,315 posts, read 16,655,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If the troops would have gone into Afghanistan instead of Iraq in the first place, Al Queda and the Taliban would have been, more or less defeated long before now. Not to mention Osama Bin Laden (if he is actually still alive.)

Well, I can tell you're not a military strategist.

We would have had to go into Iraq anyway, after the terrorists flooded it after fleeing from Afghanistan; only then our job would have been even harder.

I don't understand why so many people can't see the wisdom of taking out Saddam. Good thing none of you people were in charge of anything.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,116,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

We would have had to go into Iraq anyway, after the terrorists flooded it after fleeing from Afghanistan; only then our job would have been even harder.

Oh, goodness, the Z-Team rides to the rescue?

Now how pray tell were these al-Qaeda terrorist going to flood Iraq from Afghanistan, please take time to look at the map posted above before answering.

Now aside from the fact that Iraq and Afghanistan don't share anything close to a border, it has been shown, reported, and amply explained that al-Qaeda was not only not a friend of the secular Hussein regime but that Hussein's regime had no particular love for al-Qaeda and never offered them anything in the way of support much less a safe haven.

Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda link allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed (washingtonpost.com)

Old 11-25-2008, 03:39 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,881,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, goodness, the Z-Team rides to the rescue?

Now how pray tell were these al-Qaeda terrorist going to flood Iraq from Afghanistan, please take time to look at the map posted above before answering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now aside from the fact that Iraq and Afghanistan don't share anything close to a border, it has been shown, reported, and amply explained that al-Qaeda was not only not a friend of the secular Hussein regime but that Hussein's regime had no particular love for al-Qaeda and never offered them anything in the way of support much less a safe haven.
ovcatto, you just don't get it do you. don't you know all of these people were schooled in geography at the same university that sarah palin was? she can see russia from her front door! don't you think you can see afghanistan from iraq? some can, if they really look hard enough and use their imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies