Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Boo hoo! So please, tell me what the problem is again? Oh, what, you can't go around shooting bullets into the air in any public place? Oh, I weep for you, really I do. Get a grip, you got ur (that's right, ur, not your) guns right? You can shoot em up, right? What's all the pissing & moaning about? Oh that's right, nothing. BOOHOO!!!!!:crying :
You really need to get an understanding of gun owners. Some of us just like to target practice or hunt our own food. They need to concentrate on the gang members, not the law abiding citizen and you need to have respect for those that don't see it your way!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Boo hoo! So please, tell me what the problem is again? Oh, what, you can't go around shooting bullets into the air in any public place? Oh, I weep for you, really I do. Get a grip, you got ur (that's right, ur, not your) guns right? You can shoot em up, right? What's all the pissing & moaning about? Oh that's right, nothing. BOOHOO!!!!!:crying :
when the government attempts to tell me that I cannot protect my or my family's life in the event of that protection being needed IE home invasion, armed robbery, then they are overstepping their bounds and infringing on MY rights to own a firearm, and my rights to LIFE. that is why I care!

if the government suddenly started saying you could not say anything you want on the Internet, or decided that you don't need a jury by your peers, you cannot practice your religion I bet you would be just as pissed as us gun owners, I think you are the one that "should get a grip" and get the fact that our own government is slowly eroding away at your God given rights.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:36 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Since Barack Obama’s election, the National Rifle Association (NRA) and other pro-gun groups have been warning that the new president will take away their second amendment rights. This multi-million dollar campaign is already having effects.

Think Progress » NRA Propaganda At Nation’s Largest Gun Show: Obama Is An ‘Enemy Of Your Gun Rights’

too bad it is true, obama has already stated that firearms are only a states right, I look to the liberal elite to banning lookalike military firearms, ammo and other items in the 1st year. if such does happen, I also see gun owners resisting as well.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
OH GAWWWWD LMAO. . Yea OK then. In the mean time I hope that it justs drives folks lke this CRAZY that I can and do own many weapons of many different types and will continue to do so regardless of all the hand wringing and whining. . Yea Obamas record on the Second Ammendment is clear (and posting a link to prove it is not required). Been there done that. If the new administration DOES pass legislation trying to confiscate our firearms all I can say is BRING IT! And good luck with that......

Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 AM

820 posts, read 1,202,894 times
The good news is:
The gun grabbers don't have the votes in Congress to pass a new AWB.
Which means that they must wait (wishing and hoping) till after the mid-term elections.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Historically mid-term elections go hard on the party in power.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Tell me again, what guns are being taken away from you? Didn't someone earlier post that Obama thinks it should be left up to the states? Why are you conservatives all up in arms, you should be salivating. All I hear from you is big government is suffocating, leave it up to the states! Sounds hypocritical now, hey?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,272 times
Quote:
Tell me again, what guns are being taken away from you? Didn't someone earlier post that Obama thinks it should be left up to the states? Why are you conservatives all up in arms, you should be salivating. All I hear from you is big government is suffocating, leave it up to the states! Sounds hypocritical now, hey?

YouTube - katrina gun confiscation

here ya go, it has happened several times.

gun rights are not a state right, it is a right outlined in the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES. it is a God given rights, meaning that feds, or state shall pass no law restricting the participation in that right.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:13 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post

YouTube - katrina gun confiscation

here ya go, it has happened several times.

gun rights are not a state right, it is a right outlined in the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES. it is a God given rights, meaning that feds, or state shall pass no law restricting the participation in that right.
I see, so your using a natural disaster as your defense.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No, leave it to the Constitution that gave us the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. All the coastal states will be the first to vote yes. What's so disturbing, is their citizens will need them the most, when the gang members figure out that none of the people can do a damn thing about home invasion, except for sit and watch the A**holes take it away from them!!

I don't sit and rub my gun, but at least I know if someone invades my home, my shooting ability will hit the right target!!
THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS (http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/BEARARMS.HTML - broken link)

Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I see, so your using a natural disaster as your defense.
Sorry Noahma,don't mean to answer for you. But, I see it as the government used a natural disater to show the American people just how they could do it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies