Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,535,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Well, even though I don't believe in it, I do believe a miracle just occurred....you & I agree on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,868,198 times
So what. Back off. I refuse to say nice things about anybody that doesn't deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
My point Artsy is that saying even a backhanded comment in passing can come back & bite not only you in the ass but others too. So what if she was rude? The one thing I've learned about working in an office environment is to never say anything negative about others, no matter how much it hurts.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So what. Back off. I refuse to say nice things about anybody that doesn't deserve it.
Ooookaaayy, I don't believe I was getting aggressive, but so be it.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM

People treat me like garbage for no logical reasons. If I want to talk trash about a rude and conniving idiot , then I will.

Quote:
Ooookaaayy, I don't believe I was getting aggressive, but so be it.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
People treat me like garbage for no logical reasons. If I want to talk trash about a rude and conniving idiot , then I will.
Fine, I'm just saying why would you want to talk untrue trash? How would you like it if it were reversed? Nothing wrong w/hating your boss, I think most people do. It's just a matter of saying unkind, untrue things that can get around & cause a lot of trouble. Like I said, I speak from experience, it's not fun.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,757,010 times
I have heard gays like to discriminate... on companies, elections, people who don't buy their logic, etc.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 PM

CAN you give me any example(s)???
That would help me understand your point better.

Quote:
Fine, I'm just saying why would you want to talk untrue trash? How would you like it if it were reversed? Nothing wrong w/hating your boss, I think most people do. It's just a matter of saying unkind, untrue things that can get around & cause a lot of trouble. Like I said, I speak from experience, it's not fun.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 PM

4,156 posts, read 10,993,365 times
My cousin was fired from his job for being gay. He sued the b*stard company for discrimination and won. Now he works from home. It's quite disturbing.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
CAN you give me any example(s)???
That would help me understand your point better.
If what you mean is give you an example of my own problems w/rumors, here it is....I was an assistant to a guy in a department. Very nice guy, we got along well, apparently I was the only assistant who actually made him laugh. Anyway, out of the blue, why? Because we got along???, one of my close co-worker friends told me that there was a rumor going around that I had gone out w/my boss &...you know....That was completely untrue, I had never gone out w/him, never seen him outside of the office. But because, what some jealous people? were pissed that I got along w/him, they decided to start the rumor. I was mortified! Thankfully, it died out very quickly, but I still think about how ****ed up that was to this day, that was like 2 years ago.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:56 PM

I thought you said you spread the rumors.

Quote:
If what you mean is give you an example of my own problems w/rumors, here it is....I was an assistant to a guy in a department. Very nice guy, we got along well, apparently I was the only assistant who actually made him laugh. Anyway, out of the blue, why? Because we got along???, one of my close co-worker friends told me that there was a rumor going around that I had gone out w/my boss &...you know....That was completely untrue, I had never gone out w/him, never seen him outside of the office. But because, what some jealous people? were pissed that I got along w/him, they decided to start the rumor. I was mortified! Thankfully, it died out very quickly, but I still think about how ****ed up that was to this day, that was like 2 years ago.

Last edited by artsyguy; 11-24-2008 at 10:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies