U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM

605 posts, read 1,060,496 times

Advertisements

We need more gay protesters across the country! Glad to here gays, lesbians and our straight allies caused a few minor traffic inconveniences in the LA area after Prop 8 passed. Its what they deserved! And there is more to come!!!

If you are anti-gay then you are a bigot! You want to peak into our bedrooms and tell us what we can and can't do, then we'll take our bedrooms to the streets where your kids can see us. That's why we have Gay Pride Parades, to let you know we are still here, despite your attempts to drive us out! That's your fault!!!

Obviously the Constitution alllowes gay marriage or you wouldn't have to pass an AMENDMENT to ban those rights. That is sickening and un-American. Its is hatred and that is un-American.

Last edited by SurfOmaha; 11-25-2008 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,358,659 times
those blocking traffic should have been pepper sprayed. that is american.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
We need more gay protesters across the country! Glad to here gays, lesbians and our straight allies caused a few minor traffic inconveniences in the LA area after Prop 8 passed. Its what they deserved! And there is more to come!!!

If you are anti-gay then you are a bigot! You want to peak into our bedrooms and tell us what we can and can't do, then we'll take our bedrooms to the streets where your kids can see us. That's why we have Gay Pride Parades, to let you know we are still here, despite your attempts to drovive us out! That's your fault!!!

Obviously the Constitution alllowes gay marriage or you wouldn't have to pass an AMENDMENT to ban those rights. That is sickening and un-American. Its is hatred and that is un-American.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:37 AM

605 posts, read 1,060,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
those blocking traffic should have been pepper sprayed. that is american.

LOL Well, you've more chance to try in the coming weeks. But beware, pepper spray can be taken away and used against you.

Stay home.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,537,271 times
Quote:
Yeah, congrats to them for causing many people who voted right along with them to get stuck in traffic. Bonus points if someone had a medical emergency of some sort, maybe a sick child or a woman in labor. After all, gays won't have kids or get anyone pregnant, so why should they care?

And they wonder why people hate them...

Quote:
If you are anti-gay then you are a bigot!
If I don't think people who have same-sex relationships should get special treatment, I'm a bigot? OK. I can live with that.

Quote:
You want to peak into our bedrooms
The Hell I do.

Quote:
and tell us what we can and can't do, then we'll take our bedrooms to the streets where your kids can see us.
Well that makes sense. Take your frustrations out on innocent kids. And you wonder why people don't want to let you adopt?

Quote:
That's why we have Gay Pride Parades, to let you know we are still here, despite your attempts to drovive us out! That's your fault!!!
And then there's a virus out there to let you know you will eventually be driven out anyway. That's YOUR fault.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 AM

I highly doubt there are going to be protests here. protesters here would be beaten down big time. the cops where I live don't tolerate ANYTHING!

Quote:
LOL Well, you've more chance to try in the coming weeks. But beware, pepper spray can be taken away and used against you.

Stay home.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:41 AM

I also disagree with your assessment that hatred is unamerican. it's very american. hatred has existed from the beginning of time and it exists in every country. it isn't going anywhere.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM

8,743 posts, read 10,280,654 times
Quote:

If you are anti-gay then you are a bigot! You want to peak into our bedrooms and tell us what we can and can't do, then we'll take our bedrooms to the streets where your kids can see us. That's why we have Gay Pride Parades, to let you know we are still here, despite your attempts to drovive us out! That's your fault!!!

Very true!!

Thanks for this awesome post!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM

479 posts, read 1,292,982 times
Yes fight for your rights! From a male hetero here, and I support you 100%!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM

10,478 posts, read 13,868,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post

If I don't think people who have same-sex relationships should get special treatment, I'm a bigot? OK. I can live with that.
Christ I'm getting sick of this "special treatment" you people keep bring up. Remind me again, what's the special treatment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
And then there's a virus out there to let you know you will eventually be driven out anyway. That's YOUR fault.
Just like there are viruses to wipe your ass out as well, goes both ways. Typical crude post from a non-supporter. Vile post.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:47 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,025,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I also disagree with your assessment that hatred is unamerican. it's very american. hatred has existed from the beginning of time and it exists in every country. it isn't going anywhere.
However, it's not what we, as Americans, think is acceptable. We don't like it, and we don't usually tolerate it in public. That's why we think it is "un-American".

Of course, you have your scapegoats - right now, it's gays, not to mention obese people or certain ethnic groups. It does go on, of course, but I do think it's "un-American".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies