Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the best president since the 1930's?
Franklin D. Roosevelt 21 18.10%
Harry Truman 2 1.72%
Dwight Eisnehower 7 6.03%
John F. Kennedy 4 3.45%
Lyndon Johnson 1 0.86%
Richard Nixon 2 1.72%
Gerald Ford 2 1.72%
Jimmy Carter 1 0.86%
Ronald Reagan 42 36.21%
George H. Bush 1 0.86%
Bill Clinton 22 18.97%
George W. Bush 11 9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Maybe in KY there's more conservative news outlets but here in CA, lefty media rules.

Does the media there espouse increased power for labor unions and single payer health care? Cause if they don't they ain't leftist. I don't see any news organizations that conservatives consider leftist calling for things that are really leftist. Socially liberal yeah but there's a world of difference between social liberals and real leftists and economic liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 09:59 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Does the media there espouse increased power for labor unions and single payer health care? Cause if they don't they ain't leftist. I don't see any news organizations that conservatives consider leftist calling for things that are really leftist. Socially liberal yeah but there's a world of difference between social liberals and real leftists and economic liberals.
My bad...I should have stated liberal borderlined leftist media.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:13 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
NO. They rejected him to keep cutting and those numbers reflect 'them going over'. They had already CUT the spending IN HALF, yet he wanted more while adding more than ALL democrats ever combined to the national debt for military spend and handouts to the rich. If you think congress spending 2.8% more on needed things caused Reagans Recession you are dead wrong. Try Reagan adding 200% increase to the national debt.
What I posted are the actual figures. No reason not to accept them.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Yes I found the source and posted the link which tells you how dumb you are for believing it. Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism
never intended the data to reflect what Fox are saying, and it simple doesnt. Because it counted things such as even a negative poll result and truth of the campaign that is the media's job to tell us about. McCain LOST he was losing for a long time, sorry but calling those bias story's, just doesnt make sense.

Think Again: What Obamedia?
Using a liberal website as a "source" is not very convincing. Once again, you seem to not be able to accept data.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I can understand the Reagan love (even if it's WAY overboard, Reagan caused a major market meltdown in 1987 and some other problems as well)
Reagan alone caused that? There were no other factors?
It should be noted that the "major" market meltdown in 1987 did not lead to a recession. In fact, the economy was doing very well in 1987, '88 and '89.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 AM

756 posts, read 1,882,718 times
I'm laughing pretty hard at the "liberal American media" sillyness being stated by some. You clearly need to travel. American media is the most conservative of all Western nations on earth.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:34 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
I'm laughing pretty hard at the "liberal American media" sillyness being stated by some. You clearly need to travel. American media is the most conservative of all Western nations on earth.
I remember after seeing Sarah Palin speak on CNN during the GOP convention I was waiting to hear the commentators rip on her...and they all praised her. How Liberal of them!

Seriously, I've been to a lot of countries, and our media is by far the most conservative. The closest to "Leftist" we have is MSNBC and they STILL have a number of conservative commentators.

And Conservative is not the same as conservative. Big C conservative follows the church and 1670s views. Small c conservative says "stay out of my wallet and stay out of my home". The GOP used to be the latter, now they are the former. Look at the differences between Ford, Reagan and Bush Jr. There is a clear shift to big spending and intrusive government in just a few decades.

How views from hundreds of years ago will bring about progress is beyond me.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
George Washington was the best,it was all down hill from him,except maybe Teddy R.

But I laugh at those sticking up for Clinton,the traitor taking campaign bribes from Malaysia,giving secrets to China,duping the people with political correctness,the "it is for the children" president who used outright lies to assault the Constitution specially the 2nd amendment.The president with a history of shaddy deals in Little Rock.You all call the Bush's murderers?some Chinese at the embassy in Yugoslavia might have something to say to you........oh they can't,they are dead thanks to Clinton.The if you contribute to my campaign I'll send in marines to reinstall you into power in Haiti....

Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
George Washington was the best,it was all down hill from him,except maybe Teddy R.

But I laugh at those sticking up for Clinton,the traitor taking campaign bribes from Malaysia,giving secrets to China,duping the people with political correctness,the "it is for the children" president who used outright lies to assault the Constitution specially the 2nd amendment.The president with a history of shaddy deals in Little Rock.You all call the Bush's murderers?some Chinese at the embassy in Yugoslavia might have something to say to you........oh they can't,they are dead thanks to Clinton.The if you contribute to my campaign I'll send in marines to reinstall you into power in Haiti....
Gads! You bought the giant economy size 12-pack of GOP kool aid lies.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:42 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Gads! You bought the giant economy size 12-pack of GOP kool aid lies.
you can add fleet to that one as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies