Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:04 PM

11,379 posts, read 24,385,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Why are we still giving this stupid girl the attention? There are far more tragic missing children cases than the slutty girl who drank all night and then left alone with three guys. If my teenage daughter did that, I'd be ashamed of her. This girl was giving body shots at the bar and was drinking like there was no tomorrow. Any girl dumb enough to get plastered on a foreign island and then leave with locals is asking for danger. Does the media really need to keep going back to this just because she's a pretty, white, rich girl? Maybe high schools shouldn't be taking a bunch of wild teens on an unsupervised vacation to Aruba...
You sound like one of those extremists who believe in stoning women who are raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,615,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You sound like one of those extremists who believe in stoning women who are raped.

I suspect a growing horde of lefties want all "pretty", "white" and "rich" folks off the planet. And that mere stoning is too good for them....

Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,868,617 times
Quote:
Why are we still giving this stupid girl the attention? There are far more tragic missing children cases than the slutty girl who drank all night and then left alone with three guys. If my teenage daughter did that, I'd be ashamed of her. This girl was giving body shots at the bar and was drinking like there was no tomorrow. Any girl dumb enough to get plastered on a foreign island and then leave with locals is asking for danger. Does the media really need to keep going back to this just because she's a pretty, white, rich girl? Maybe high schools shouldn't be taking a bunch of wild teens on an unsupervised vacation to Aruba...
I would assume from your self-righteous post that you never did anything "stupid" when you were young, well good for you!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:16 PM

951 posts, read 3,702,131 times
Quote:

as long as they good looking rich white girls that likes to drink on their senior trip!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
I have to agree with leftydan here. Not in the harsh wording, of course.

But come on. She was a high school graduate. She KNOWS better. I mean, she was being stupid. I know mistakes happen. I am 20 years and a FEMALE myself but even I know that in a foreign country I should not get too close with their locals and get so drunk either. I would know to stay with my classmates.

And there are far more tragic cases than this. Why is she getting all this attention? You mention it once or twice, fine but why is the news so crazy over this? I mean, I hate to say it but there are millions of missing children. Why not give all of them this coverage?

Once again, no I do not believe in stoning women or anything. But I just have to agree with leftdan here.

Don't get me wrong. I do hope she is found safe and alive if that is possible.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,022,679 times
If she really was "sold" then I strongly suspect she is probably in some prostitution ring in the Caribbean. It isn't all that uncommon for young women to disappear like this, only to be found later having escaped captivity (if they're lucky). It is a cruel world out there, and I sincerely hope she is alive somewhere out there.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
She was dumb enough to go on a school senior trip and meet a cute guy that she trusted !! And oh my goodness, she was drinking too? WHAT A ****!

How old are you dude ??? 100?
No, I am someone who went partying at that very same bar in Aruba as an 18 year old just 9 years ago. No teenage girl should go home with some guy WHILE ON A HIGH SCHOOL TRIP! She shouldn't be getting plastered at a bar, and she shouldn't be leaving the bar alone. College girls know better than this, the ones who don't always end up regretting it because they wake up raped or they don't wake up at all. She trusted the guy after meeting him in a bar on some island? Carlos and Charlies is NOT a local hangout, and the locals who go are just going to prey on stupid tourists. Had she been even remotely smart, she would still be alive today. But the girl was an idiot, and a **** too, and it was her own fault that something happened to her.

Would you want your HS Senior daughter going to a bar, getting plastered, giving strangers body shots, and then leaving with three guys she never saw before?

I'm not saying that Van Der Sloot is anything but a awful piece of trash and is basically the same as Christian Bale's character from "Shaft" (with Samuel L Jackson), but Natalee Holloway should not be seen as anything other than an example of Darwinism. A dumb girl goes to an island a thousand miles from home, gets drunk the night before going home, meets three strange guys, leaves the bar with them without a friend coming along...what do you think will happen?

Last edited by Pug Life; 11-25-2008 at 05:54 PM..

Old 11-25-2008, 05:52 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I suspect a growing horde of lefties want all "pretty", "white" and "rich" folks off the planet. And that mere stoning is too good for them....
Are you referring to my screen name for calling me a lefty? Because that's about which hand I write with, not my political affiliation. I am pretty (for a guy...made a lot of money with my looks as a model for 3-4 years), rich (went to top prep school, drive a BMW) and white (skin is almost see-thru, that's how white I am), but I just hate how the Media pays so much attention to NH when there are so many more tragic missing children stories than some partying **** who left a bar with strange men and vanished. That should be an urban legend used to warn partying girls in foreign countries, not as a tragic story about how innocent she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I would assume from your self-righteous post that you never did anything "stupid" when you were young, well good for you!
I've done all kinds of stupid things, but none that got me kidnapped, sold or killed. Hell, I've even been arrested in a foreign country and escaped the cops in two others (for tresspassing on national monuments after closing). But I've never been as stupid as to leave a bar with strangers without even a single friend to keep an eye out for me.

Quote:
Not at all...I just believe that stupid people shouldn't be idolized simply because something happened to them when they were being stupid. And I believe that some drunken party girl shouldn't be given three years worth of media coverage!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:59 PM

951 posts, read 3,702,131 times
Leftydan,
I did irresponsible things in that age and I might be lucky I am alive. but at least my parents still loved me and most of all, they were never ashamed of me. Though, in Natalie's case, it is a little to late to be ashamed of her now, don't you think. Most parents would rather try to find their daughter then
worry about her drinking habits at the bar.

You wrote yourself that you done stupid things. but non of them got you kidnapped or killed.
That's called lucky.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,615,867 times
Quote:
Are you referring to my screen name for calling me a lefty? Because that's about which hand I write with, not my political affiliation. I am pretty (for a guy...made a lot of money with my looks as a model for 3-4 years), rich (went to top prep school, drive a BMW) and white (skin is almost see-thru, that's how white I am), but I just hate how the Media pays so much attention to NH when there are so many more tragic missing children stories than some partying **** who left a bar with strange men and vanished. That should be an urban legend used to warn partying girls in foreign countries, not as a tragic story about how innocent she is.

I've done all kinds of stupid things, but none that got me kidnapped, sold or killed. Hell, I've even been arrested in a foreign country and escaped the cops in two others (for tresspassing on national monuments after closing). But I've never been as stupid as to leave a bar with strangers without even a single friend to keep an eye out for me.

Not at all...I just believe that stupid people shouldn't be idolized simply because something happened to them when they were being stupid. And I believe that some drunken party girl shouldn't be given three years worth of media coverage!

Ahhhhh, self loathing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies