Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:27 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
that's quite a comical statement considering the average educational attainment of the Obama voter. If you are happy that a Third World level populace, with their level of intellectualism decides who is the leader of the West, then God help us all.

Middle Ages here we come!!!

I seriously wonder what the average educational level is of the average Obama voter, probably about 10th grade? on average?
I dunno, you should look it up I'm applying for my PhD in Electrical Engineering this coming fall, if that helps at all.

How about you find figures before you post dumb things?

Oh I forgot, my parents fled from Iran and clearly everyone from Iran is third world and uneducated, which is why SO many people who have higher education in this country are foreigners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:09 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
I left the Republican party and I cannot see ever going back.
Whether Reps want to admit it or not, we left the conservative ideologies that were the foundation of the Rep party when we began to court the religious right. That is not to say that all religous people are bad or in any way not good --- but lets face it, the GOP was after the evangelicals and fundies....those people are in fact nuts and quite loudmouthed about it. Over on the elections forums I quite strongly defended Palin when dems would attack her on her looks or her family, but nonetheless the woman should never be allowed near the red button on the basis of her belief on the rapture only.
I'm afraid that the republican party has become one of big government, big spending moralists. Basically Democrats who found Jesus, and as such I have no further use for them.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
[quote=txguy2009;6318390]Sorry for the tendentious title, but for all educated people, this is basically the choice as we see it.

We will basically decide to become party of true small government and liberty (low taxes, business friendly but no corporate welfare, minimalist foreign policy, social laissez-faire)

or

redneck values.

Can the republican party really afford to scare away even more educated voters? Does it really want to be the party solely of NASCAR-watching, rebel flag waiving, gay-hating whites?[/quote]

I am a value voter who is far from being a Nascar-watching, rebel flag waiving, gay hating white (I live in one of the most liberal counties in one of the most liberal states in the US). Many of the religious conservatives that I personally know are not even caucasian and they don't live in "redneckville". So please stop with the anti-religious bigotry crap!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
that's quite a comical statement considering the average educational attainment of the Obama voter. If you are happy that a Third World level populace, with their level of intellectualism decides who is the leader of the West, then God help us all.

Middle Ages here we come!!!

I seriously wonder what the average educational level is of the average Obama voter, probably about 10th grade? on average?
I really cannot stand all these jokes about this so-called republican anti-intellectualism. I am considered to be a religious conservative voter who is highly educated with a masters degree. Most of the folks that I personally know who supported Obama are not even college educated. So please quit with the stereotypes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies