Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:57 PM

24,494 posts, read 33,228,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Especially when St Peter offers them a cafe latte while dressed in flourescent pink and says "daaaarhling you got it all wrong. The big Momma here made your brothers and sisters homosexual to help broaden your minds. You just refused to listen didn't you? Oh well, it's BBQ for you.
Dream on. Then come back to reality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:12 PM

147 posts, read 375,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
Summary: Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse. This paper highlights some new and significant considerations that reflect on the question of those mental illnesses and on their possible sources.

Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems

This is news? It's actually quite simple. You engage in nasty, risky sexual acts. You contract an STD. You feel bad about it, but not bad enough to stop engaging in the same sexual acts. You feel even worse as those people you were with die as a result of those actions....and around and around we go. It really is a vicious cycle. One would think they would have stopped by now?!

Old 11-26-2008, 06:16 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
This is news? It's actually quite simple. You engage in nasty, risky sexual acts. You contract an STD. You feel bad about it, but not bad enough to stop engaging in the same sexual acts. You feel even worse as those people you were with die as a result of those actions....and around and around we go. It really is a vicious cycle. One would think they would have stopped by now?!
It is the same for homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
This must be an example of that "compassionate conservatism" that we've all heard about.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,354,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Dream on. Then come back to reality!
Which reality? Yours? Thanks but, No thanks.
I'd have to have my cerebral cortex removed to live in your reality.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:28 PM

24,494 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Which reality? Yours? Thanks but, No thanks.
I'd have to have my cerebral cortex removed to live in your reality.
I live in a normal reality.

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who are you to say what is going against nature and what is not?

Who are you to say what is right and what is not.

Your posts are horrible and show complete ignorance and hatred from people who are different than you.

Please don't tell me you are one of these extreme right wing Christians who think their morals and ideas are the only right way.

Grow up and deal with it. You are not a child anymore. Not everyone is like you, not everyone is going to give you what you want and not everyone is going to agree with you.

Now having said that, msconnie, you seem to have this attitude towards gays that they are somewhat less than human or very wrong. Let me tell you something. They are just as human as you are. You are lucky that you dont have to live in this kind of hatred that the gays have to go through. What do YOU think gives YOU the right to determine what is right and wrong?

Why are you so rude, simply put? You seem to be very insecure if you want to bash people this badly? So what if gays can get married? How will it affect it your life?

It is quite simple. Didn't Jesus say to love and respect? Even if you are not Christian, remember the GOLDEN rule! Treat others how you want to be treated and it seems like you are asking for disrespect.
So anyone who voices a dissenting point of view is considered to be rude? If you are not open to dissent, then you should not be on a forum where these subjects are discussed.

I do not hate homosexuals or view them as less than human nor is voicing my opinions against the act of homosexuality bashing them. When I see or hear of someone engaging in dangerous, unhealthy behaviors ... I WILL speak up because I care. This is like me speaking out against drug abuse. Some people are born with addictive personalities and cannot help themselves. That does not make it right or beneficial for them to abuse drugs? If I speak out against drug abuse, does that equate to bashing drug abusers?

Also, there is such a thing as right and wrong. Those who ignore the internal compass of right and wrong do so at their own peril. The reason why we have so many problems today is because we left the concepts of right and wrong and accepted the whole moral relativism baloney (What's right for you is not necessarily right for me crap). Whether you believe Christianity is the right way or not, you will find out one day that it is the ONLY way. You can argue until your face is blue but that does not change reality.

As far as treating others how I'd like to be treated, if I am stumbling or going down the wrong path, I'd sincerely hope that someone would care enough to set me straight. It's called tough love.

387 posts, read 676,618 times
Women suffer from depression considerably more than men, and contract STD's much easier too.

Discuss what discrimination we should take against them. Or black people or Jews.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It is the same for homosexuals and heterosexuals.
Agree. Fornication is also a sin which is why heterosexuals who engage in this also suffer from STDs.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Whether you believe Christianity is the right way or not, you will find out one day that it is the ONLY way.
Wow. This speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies