Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 10:09 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,620,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Another with nothing to say. So go ahead let it all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 PM

532 posts, read 907,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I dunno, I think that sometimes my wife wishes I was homosexual. "Not tonight honey........"
She could be a lesbian...

Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,864,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Wow, first prize for most ironic statement
LOL... I was just about to say "pot, meet kettle." I don't think the hate is coming from the gay side, as it is CLEARLY more from the homophobes. If there is any "hate" coming from the gay community, it's only a reaction to the abuse they've endured for so long. I guess women in the 1920s were man-haters for demanding the "special right" to vote and be equal to men, huh?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,936,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
I mean tell me this. If you are so against homosexuals and their 'acts' or whatever you hate about them, then what is your solution? They should marry heterosexuals, be depress, make the partner (could be your son or daughter, think about it ) depress and try to have some babies, also making the children depress, all in an unhealthy marriage to basically satisfy the church? So how will you change a homosexual to really love and marry a heterosexual? I want to know this especially from those annoying 'christian' posters on the other gay threads.
Get a civil union and go on with their lives? If the civil union doesn't have the same benefits, seek means to make them so and then live their lives to their choosing?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,451,246 times
So where are the answers? Not one single answer to the OP.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,864,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
by the time they came out of the closet they had already been married and had a kid. now they moved to san francisco and started a new life alone.
most gay guys in san francisco are biological fathers.
I don't know about MOST, but a lot of them are - particularly the older gay men. I have a transsexual (M-F) friend who is 55 years old, and he has four biological children from a previous marriage... most of the other gay men I know aren't fathers, but they're more in the 30-40 age range.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
by the time they came out of the closet they had already been married and had a kid. now they moved to san francisco and started a new life alone.
most gay guys in san francisco are biological fathers.
I am sorry you still don't make sense. You say MOST gays in San Francisco are fathers? That is definitely wrong. Where do you get this information from? But I agree that there are probably a FEW who are fathers within the gay community who were previously married to a woman. But that is exactly my point. Their heterosexual marriage did not work! So it was a miserable marriage and they sadly broke up. Heterosexual women couldn't keep them sexually satisfy? It was all wrong from the start?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
So where are the answers? Not one single answer to the OP.
Sadly they don't seem to have an answer. The church probably doesn't have information for them about these failed marriages. All it teaches it seems is to say no to gay marriage and then that is it. Then what? What happens to these homosexuals? Are they suppose to change then and get married to a heterosexual until death do them apart? I want these answers! Anyone?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,304,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't know about MOST, but a lot of them are - particularly the older gay men. I have a transsexual (M-F) friend who is 55 years old, and he has four biological children from a previous marriage... most of the other gay men I know aren't fathers, but they're more in the 30-40 age range.
i am older so that is my reality i image
happy thanksgiving

Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Get a civil union and go on with their lives? If the civil union doesn't have the same benefits, seek means to make them so and then live their lives to their choosing?
Are you a Christian? Do you believe in these civil unions? How about your church? Do they support it? I guess what you are trying to say is that civil unions are for legality and marriage is for the church crowd? Well then also tell that to all the non-churchy-straights that they need to do the same. Get those civil unions. That the Church actually owns the word marriage, not the state. Will they go along with your proposition as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies