Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:38 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
So did you read the links that I posted? What do you think? Will you (or one of your daughters or a son) be allowed to marry one of these 'cured' homosexuals? What if they turn out like the Beyond Ex-Gay founder and some of the other members there? What then? An unhappy marriage? A divorce? the 'cured' homosexual cheating with other homosexuals? Broken up families with children? What do you have to say then?
I think the first link was more of the usual pro-gay propoganda so the source isn't credible. Regarding the other link: Although I'm sadden to hear about the ex-founder's relapse, I know that God can provide deliverance from same-sex desires. Just because it did not work for this person does not mean that the program does not work period. We should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, as the saying goes. I know it isn't easy, but freedom from same-sex desires is possible with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 12:39 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Four pages, and still not one person has taken on the original post head-on? What an amazing show of cowardice on behalf of the social right-wingers on this forum who usually foam at the mouth at the slightest provocation. Let me ask you something. Do you think ex-NJ Governor Jim McGreevey's wife was happy to have her sham marriage destroyed after so many years? Do you think his children will enjoy the inevitable taunting that will arise from having a "gay daddy?" Why did he marry an opposite-sex partner and procreate to begin with? Most likely he just wanted to fit in to what society wanted him to be. I've known the feeling, considering I attempted suicide when I was a teenager for feeling like the only openly-gay male in my suburb. I've since come to learn that there is actually a massive (yet invisible) LGBT community here in Northeastern Pennsylvania, but even to this day at the age of twenty-two I have those nights where I wonder what life would be like if I could marry a beautiful woman (and have feelings for her) and bring three beautiful children into this world. I tear up thinking about that sometimes.

You realistically expect an estimated 10% of the global population to remain celibate their entire lives? What a sad, lonely life!

Old 11-27-2008, 12:46 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I think the first link was more of the usual pro-gay propoganda so the source isn't credible. Regarding the other link: Although I'm sadden to hear about the ex-founder's relapse, I know that God can provide deliverance from same-sex desires. Just because it did not work for this person does not mean that the program does not work period. We should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, as the saying goes. I know it isn't easy, but freedom from same-sex desires is possible with God.
Ok you don't want to read but compelling first link and that is fine. But please again answer these questions.

Will you, or one of your daughters or sons, be allowed to marry one of these 'cured' homosexuals? What if they turn out like the Beyond Ex-Gay founder and some of the other members there? What then? An unhappy marriage? A divorce? the 'cured' homosexual cheating with other homosexuals? Broken up families with children? What do you have to say then? Will you allow these types of 'arrange' marriages to happen in your family?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
People can "overcome" hetero desires as well. You have a misconception that your way is the right way.

If you got the idea from the bible, well don't forget that many things in the bible are outdated. Polygamy, incest, concubines... Even Jesus promoted slavery! Our society has overcome most of those oppressive and outdated teachings, but some biblically-based oppression still remains.

Oppression is wrong, even if the bible teaches it. <---- If that statement were false, Christians would still think slavery was OK.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
People can "overcome" hetero desires as well. You have a misconception that your way is the right way.

If you got the idea from the bible, well don't forget that many things in the bible are outdated. Polygamy, incest, concubines... Even Jesus promoted slavery! Our society has overcome most of those oppressive and outdated teachings, but some biblically-based oppression still remains.

Oppression is wrong, even if the bible teaches it. <---- If that statement were false, Christians would still think slavery was OK.
Where did Jesus promote slavery?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post

How is providing civil unions and other special rights to gays considered oppression.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
How is providing civil unions and other special rights to gays considered oppression.
Show me where in the U.S. Constitution where it says "Heterosexuals have the RIGHT to marriage." Show me. Right now. Do it.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,258 times
Quote:
Where did Jesus promote slavery?
Luke 12:47-48 Jesus says that slaves who disobey while not knowing get less beatings than those that know they are wrong.

Matthew 10:24-25 Jesus reminds slaves that they are below their lords, and that they should strive to be like them.

And there are many times where the subject of slavery comes up, but not once does Jesus condemn it.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Ok you don't want to read but compelling first link and that is fine. But please again answer these questions.

Will you, or one of your daughters or sons, be allowed to marry one of these 'cured' homosexuals? What if they turn out like the Beyond Ex-Gay founder and some of the other members there? What then? An unhappy marriage? A divorce? the 'cured' homosexual cheating with other homosexuals? Broken up families with children? What do you have to say then? Will you allow these types of 'arrange' marriages to happen in your family?
If I had any children, I'd want them to marry a Christian who genuinely loves them and who is a born again Christian. I do believe that God can cure someone from same-sex desires and if this is the case, then I'd support the marriage. By the way, I don't believe in arrange marriages by the way.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Show me where in the U.S. Constitution where it says "Heterosexuals have the RIGHT to marriage." Show me. Right now. Do it.
Where did I say that the US Constitution stated that heterosexuals have the right to marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies