Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,222,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Straight republican parent of four boys here. I grew up having the Good Book read every night and to this day close everyday by reading said book. I believe in it and try my best to live by it. I want to see my four sons grow up go to college and marry the woman of their dreams. Fanasty world, yes I know, but it doesn't hurt to hope. I have never in my life ever had homosexual tendencies nor my spouse who is by the way a burly mountain man who logs around 1500 trees a day. I do know two openly gay people and we have an understanding that homosexuality is never to be discussed in my house. Leave my property and discuss away. Don't bring it to our schools, don't blatently display public affection with your soul-mate in front of children. When I take my children to town for a family day and end our day trying to explain to my two youngest sons (9-10) why two guys were kissing and holding hands in the mall, then I start to spit fire. It is not socially acceptable, especially here in Montana. Children should never be subjected to the gay way of life. The look on my sons faces were of utter disgust. Should they have witnessed this display when they are older I doubt the would have reacted in such a way.
Disgust and revulsion is pretty much my reaction too when I'm confronted by self righteous hate mongers who try to legitimize their phobias and bigotry with religious texts and "protect the children" pretexts. Honey, let me tell you, you have no idea what your burly husband does when he's not playing with you. Smarter women than you have been fooled by burlier men than him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,935,204 times
Barney Frank is gay. The visual I get thinking about him barebacking is funny. Kinda gross too. All I can think is gay geriatrics. Could you imagine them spooning? lmao

Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,735,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Straight republican parent of four boys here. I grew up having the Good Book read every night and to this day close everyday by reading said book. I believe in it and try my best to live by it. The Bible specifically states that homosexuality is wrong. I'm not going to contridict the Bible to my children and say being gay is "okay". I want to see my four sons grow up go to college and marry the woman of their dreams. Fanasty world, yes I know, but it doesn't hurt to hope. I have never in my life ever had homosexual tendencies nor my spouse who is by the way a burly mountain man who logs around 1500 trees a day. I do know two openly gay people and we have an understanding that homosexuality is never to be discussed in my house and most certainly NEVER EVER around my children. Leave my property and discuss away. Don't bring it to our schools, don't blatently display public affection with your soul-mate in front of children. When I take my children to town for a family day and end our day trying to explain to my two youngest sons (9-10) why two guys were kissing and holding hands in the mall, then I start to spit fire. It is not socially acceptable, especially here in Montana. Children should never be subjected to the gay way of life. The look on my sons faces were of utter disgust. Should they have witnessed this display when they are older I doubt the would have reacted in such a way.
The "good book" also says to kill your child if they're disrespectful towards you (Leviticus 20:9), your husband shouldn't shave his beard (Leviticus 19:27), you shouldn't eat pork (Leviticus 11:7), and that eating shrimp is an abomination (Leviticus 18:22)....

Talking about homosexuality (or the fact that two people of the same sex love each other in a romantic way) will not make your children become gay. They won't become gay if they see two people of the same sex kiss or act lovingly towards one another, just like I won't become heterosexual because I see a man and a woman act affectionately (if that was the case, I probably wouldn't be a lesbian).

Very few people want homosexuality taught in schools but at the same time if you don't want the fact that there are gays and lesbians are around, we certainly can't discuss heterosexual relationships in the classroom either because then we're offending the gay and lesbian students. I think most people focus on how gays and lesbians make love...and that's what gets most people and why they find it so "yucky." Do you know how disgusted I am when I think of a man and woman getting it on? Excuse me while I puke...
I don't want it discussed around me at all nor do I want to see a woman and her husband/boyfriend/fiance/whatever making out.

Many children are "subjected" to the "gay way of life" if their parents are of the same sex, they may have a lesbian aunt or a gay uncle, a gay or lesbian cousin, gay or lesbian grandmother or grandfather, etc etc and guess what...I bet they're okay. No little kiddies were harmed in the explanation that Susan & Linda love each other just like Jim & Suzanne.

I think there are much bigger things to be concerned about when it comes to what kids are exposed to than the fact that two men or two women love one another.
In this day and age, love is not a bad thing, nor will it ever be.

If people would stop focusing on what gays and lesbians do and bed...maybe they'll see that we aren't all that different from everyone else....but hey, that would be too easy.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 PM

9,761 posts, read 3,405,929 times
Maybe I just read it wrong.. but when you responded to this comment 'Oh I think they're great decorators and fashion designers! They also make great hair stylist! Is that what you wanted to read?' with it's not a false statement.. made me think you were stereotyping.. my bad.

I guess I took it that way after reading your post:
'But do you not see the real oddity of that statement. See, you can argue that homosexuality is natural and I would concede to that being a possibility. But to find the reproductive process which virtually all life on this planet is based on "repugnant" seems a little out there. Because the fact remains there would be no life if there was no sexual activity between males and females of all the different species(aside from asexual organisms) Unlike homosexuality, where there is actually room for debate, there is no room for debating the nature of heterosexual activity. It is the process by which life is brought into this world.'

Usually when I hear things like that.. they're coming from people who have an issue with homosexuals in general. I see that you've stated that's not how you feel.. just throwing in my two cents.. I guess I read it wrong. I'm not perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Seems like you are trying to cause a problem when there was no ill intent. It is not a stereotype to express your personal experience. Do you work in the field I mentioned? Did I say "all gay people are extremely creative?" No, I did not. What I said was 9 times out of 10 the male designers I meet on the job are gay. That is not a stereotype, that is factual information from an informed source who happens to come across these people on a regular basis because of his profession. Would I be stereotyping black people if I said, "From my experience, 9 times out of 10 the black guys are better at basketball than the white guys?" No, I would simply be stating a fact based on my experience which happens to coincide with actual truth.

Why you thought it prudent to attack a perfectly innocent statement I don't know. But you should be aware that this sort of behavior is what I am talking about. You want to attack me because I have my own views and experiences involving gay people. I have the right to my own mind as well as the right to share information. You took it the way you wanted because I suppose you feel you must get offended when anyone talks about gay people. You do not always have to be combative. We are not all against you. It was purely an observation based on experience. Not a stereotype.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM

'You took it the way you wanted because I suppose you feel you must get offended when anyone talks about gay people.'

Wow... no.. like I said I think I just read it wrong.. you must feel very strongly about my posts though.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,836,741 times
I think people can love whoever they want. It shouldnt matter. Who cares what religions say.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,489,722 times
I want to move into the neighborhood of one of these gay obsessed people

I will paint my house in rainbow colors (or just get a flag or two if it's in an HOA community) , get a pink poodle that I will walk in the neighborhood while wearing nothing but daisy dukes and boots.

Then I will take off every curtain in my house so they can get a full view of my parties

I will get a camera crew to follow me and tape everyones reaction. Make it into a movie titled "Now you have something to complain about" or something along those lines.

Hopefully I will get an Oscar

Old 02-26-2009, 07:04 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,384,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Barney Frank is gay. The visual I get thinking about him barebacking is funny. Kinda gross too. All I can think is gay geriatrics. Could you imagine them spooning? lmao
I find it disgusting since he was having intimate relations with someone who was in a high level position in Fannie Mae
Media Mum on Barney Frank's Fannie Mae Love Connection (http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080924145932.aspx - broken link)
Prominent Democrats ran Fannie Mae, the same government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) that donated campaign cash to top Democrats. And one of Fannie Mae’s main defenders in the House – Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., a recipient of more than $40,000 in campaign donations from Fannie since 1989 – was once romantically involved with a Fannie Mae executive. Frank has argued that family life “should be fair game for campaign discussion,” wrote the Associated Press on Sept. 2. The comment was in reference to GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and her pregnant daughter. “They’re the ones that made an issue of her family,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to the AP.
Frank was and remains a stalwart defender of Fannie Mae, which is now under FBI investigation along with its sister organization Freddie Mac, American International Group Inc. (NYSE:AIG) and Lehman Brothers (NYSE:LEH) – all recently participants in government bailouts. But Frank has derailed efforts to regulate the institution, as well as denying it posed any financial risk. Frank’s office has been unresponsive to efforts by the Business & Media Institute to comment on these potential conflicts of interest.

While the relationship reportedly ended 10 years ago, Frank was serving on the House Banking Committee the entire 10 years they were together. The committee is the primary House body which along with the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) has jurisdiction over the government-sponsored enterprises. In 1991, Frank and former Rep. Joe Kennedy, D-Mass., lobbied for Fannie to soften rules on multi-family home mortgages although those dwellings showed a default rate twice that of single-family homes, according to the Nov. 22, 1991, Boston Globe.

BusinessWeek reported in its Nov. 14, 1994, issue that Fannie Mae called on Frank to exert his influence against a Housing & Urban Development proposal that would force the GSE to focus on minority and low-income buyers and police bias by lenders regardless of their location. Fannie Mae opposed HUD on the issue because it claimed doing so would “ignore the urban middle class.”
According to an article by Kathleen Day in the Oct. 8, 2003, Washington Post, Frank opposed giving the Bush administration the right to approve or disapprove business activities that “could pose risk to the taxpayers.” He told the Post he worried the Treasury Department “would sacrifice activities that are good for consumers in the name of lowering the companies’ market risks.”

Just a month before, Frank had aggressively thwarted reform efforts by the Bush administration. He told The New York Times on Sept. 11, 2003, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s problems were “exaggerated,” a gross miscalculation some five years later with costs estimated to be in the hundreds of billions.

“These two entities – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” Frank said to the Times. “The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

Frank has also reaped campaign contribution benefits from Fannie Mae and its counterpart Freddie Mac. According a front page story in the Sept. 19, 2008, Investor’s Business Daily by Terry Jones, Frank has received $40,100 in campaign cash over the past two decades from the GSEs.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I want to move into the neighborhood of one of these gay obsessed people

I will paint my house in rainbow colors (or just get a flag or two if it's in an HOA community) , get a pink poodle that I will walk in the neighborhood while wearing nothing but daisy dukes and boots.

Then I will take off every curtain in my house so they can get a full view of my parties

I will get a camera crew to follow me and tape everyones reaction. Make it into a movie titled "Now you have something to complain about" or something along those lines.

Hopefully I will get an Oscar
I've got something for you alright.. hehe.

Last edited by FlaGrrrl; 02-26-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,222,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The thought of Bush & the Mrs. is even more revolting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies