Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 01:38 PM

234 posts, read 293,624 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many of all those super macho guys, talking about revolution and about assault rifles and being arm to the tees, are in real life something like ladies shoes salesman or toll boot collectors or something like that. And they see the internet as a place were they can play out their Rambo fantasies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM

34,138 posts, read 18,403,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
We have a constitution as old as they come set in place to provide rights to the people.

Actually, the Constitution just affirms our rights as human beings. The government grants us no rights but guarantees these inalienable rights will not be infringed.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM

34,138 posts, read 18,403,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
I wonder how many of all those super macho guys, talking about revolution and about assault rifles and being arm to the tees, are in real life something like ladies shoes salesman or toll boot collectors or something like that. And they see the internet as a place were they can play out their Rambo fantasies.

Again with the insults. More for my list. Many of us have multiple degrees, sometimes form Ivy League universities and have exciting, well paying jobs. The shooting sports are often combined with other pursuits like the outdoors, camping, backpacking, horse back riding in the mountains, etc.

Sounds pretty elitist to me. So you are saying you are "better" than a shoe salesman or toll both collector. What about your liberal support of the "common man"?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,158,085 times
Quote:
How many of them are combat vets well trained to do just what they say?
Although most combat vets like myself have no desire to fire upon a fellow american let alone one in uniform make no mistake many will hold their ground.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:01 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,292,899 times
Quote:
Touche.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM

11,550 posts, read 52,975,501 times
Quote:
And I wonder how many "Hate Shrubs" type folks will look to those responsible citizens who took it upon themselves to be armed for help when the next Mumbai type episode is taking place in your neighborhood?

Or will they just sit down and wait for the hail of bullets and explosions from those folks from "the religion of peace" to make life very peaceful for them?

You might begin by asking a number of Indian families today which they'd prefer .....

As someone who's been on the scene twice in my life where an assault/rape/robbery was in progress, there's a couple of folks who I know appreciated that I had the means in hand to defuse a situation, and stepped up. I could have just walked on by, like so many others, but I didn't. And I didn't set out to be a hero, or go looking for an opportunity to be "macho". I simply set out to be prepared to take the action needed to defend myself if ever needed ... which I sincerely hope never needs to happen ... and was able to be of service to another in a timely manner. Calling 911 and waiting was not an option for the intended victims .....

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-30-2008 at 02:14 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Damn, you need to chill out and stop inferring things that simply aren't there
They were there all right. This is what you said:

“If it came to revolution, the size of the military would shrink dramatically. Even at full strength, they'd have to use nukes to stand any chance against 50-150 MILLION armed citizens, and they're not likely to use nukes on the soil they're trying to claim/defend.”

So why would you even bring the subject of armed revolution. And I have to admit: you think BIG. Not just any small revolution. Revolution of 50-150 MILLION armed citizens. And gets even better. The only reason the government wouldn’t use nukes against their own citizens is because they don’t wont to ruin the soil they want for themselves.

And I never said YOU would be leading anyone. I said LIKE you or any other neocon. That includes the neocons you are taking your talking points.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Again with the insults. More for my list. Many of us have multiple degrees, sometimes form Ivy League universities and have exciting, well paying jobs. The shooting sports are often combined with other pursuits like the outdoors, camping, backpacking, horse back riding in the mountains, etc.

Sounds pretty elitist to me. So you are saying you are "better" than a shoe salesman or toll both collector. What about your liberal support of the "common man"?
Show me were did I said I’m better. All I said is that if you are ladies shoes salesman or toll boot collector you are not Rambo. And go ahead and prove that you are not shoes salesman or toll boot collector.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,158,085 times
Quote:
Show me were did I said I’m better. All I said is that if you are ladies shoes salesman or toll boot collector you are not Rambo. And go ahead and prove that you are not shoes salesman or toll boot collector.
Al Bundy is a shoe salesman and he sure kicks butt when he needs to. j/k
I agree with you talk is cheap and way to easy on the internet.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,156,651 times
Quote:
I wonder how many of all those super macho guys, talking about revolution and about assault rifles and being arm to the tees,
I'd be careful there Bubba because - Woman are now makeup the majority of firearm purchases INCLUDING assault weapons - and I've met some of them - and it is something to behold watching a 5'7" woman with a terrific figure using an AK-47
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies