Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,594,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
And AK-47's here are semi-auto only anyways BTW...
And they will be banned. As will all semis...
I think I`ve made my point in my posts..Right or wrong, when it comes to those types of weapons you`re fighting against the tide of opinion.
Best of luck though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLNSHIRE View Post
I think I`ve made my point in my posts..Right or wrong, when it comes to those types of weapons you`re fighting against the tide of uninformed, ignorant opinion.
Best of luck though...
Fixed it for you.

Edit:
BTW, speaking of ignorance, why is a semi-auto bad? What makes it so much more dangerous than a bolt action rifle?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM

234 posts, read 294,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Assault weapons, having the ability to become FULLY automatic are already essentially banned. So I doubt this individual is stockpiling "assault weapons". Just thought I'd clear that up for you.

Now he may be stockpiling, LEGAL, SEMI-AUTO rifles that cosmetically resemble some in the military. That is his right.
I was just quoting the individual. And from that post sure sound like he is stockpiling “assault weapons”

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The "assault weapon" ban will be passed. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think otherwise.

As for who's buying all the guns, I am. I'm buying an "assault weapon" or two while I can, but I'm not going to let myself be gouged. ...
As you can see I’m not very big expert on “assault weapons”. So here is the definition he gives what constitutes an “assault weapon”
Quote:
A fully automatic machine gun is not what's referred to when someone (especially a politician) uses the term "assault weapon".

Learn what constitutes an "assault weapon" and then get back to us about who should or shouldn't own them, and why.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Britain is a total warzone man, they have hooligans!
Germany was very peaceful and pacifist for many years during the 20's and early 30's. Guess past performance is a good indicator of future results, eh?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
I think I`ve made my point in my posts..Right or wrong, when it comes to those types of weapons you`re fighting against the tide of opinion.
Best of luck though...
Actually judging from what's gone on since the election, and the backlash against the 1994 ban (democrats lost control of congress) opinion is quite against a ban. The gun grabbers are actually a minority that tries to force their will on others, at least in the U.S. that's the case. It's getting to where people are truly fed up with this garbage. People will just either ignore a ban (anyone with machinist tools and scrap metal can build any gun), or rebel.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well you have a chip on your shoulder about it. Lableing people. Well in all the gun related threads, legal gun advocates have been labelled:

Gun nuts
Idiots
Racist
Obsessed
Neanderthals
Macho types
Rambo types
Woman's shoe store salesman
Toll booth collectors

What have we called you but what you are? A liberal. Live with it.

Liberals......when success just doesn't seem to come, count on gov't to solve all your problems, and be jealous of the people that are successful.
Huh? It's not becoming of a man to get so hysterical.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Fixed it for you.

Edit:
BTW, speaking of ignorance, why is a semi-auto bad? What makes it so much more dangerous than a bolt action rifle?
Or a lever gun: I can cycle a good lever gun nearly as fast as I can shoot a semi-auto, but few people get scared by lever guns (they think old West/etc. when they see them). The early lever guns held far more than 10 rounds also, often around 20 or so. And some were fitted with bayonets. Ahhhhh, assault weapon!

An AK (7.62X39mm generally) is much weaker than my 8mm bolt action mauser but the Brady Campaign and others try to make them sound scary by saying they can defeat body armor/etc. (any rifle round defeats the common soft vests, those vests are aimed at stopping handgun rounds and shotgun blasts). I've even got steel core "armor piercing" ammo for my antique mauser that should make quick work of heavy plates too. Yet how many realize that 4 foot long antique that looks like a musket is more powerful than an AK-47?

Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM

3,531 posts, read 2,594,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Actually judging from what's gone on since the election, and the backlash against the 1994 ban (democrats lost control of congress) opinion is quite against a ban. The gun grabbers are actually a minority that tries to force their will on others, at least in the U.S. that's the case. It's getting to where people are truly fed up with this garbage. People will just either ignore a ban (anyone with machinist tools and scrap metal can build any gun), or rebel.
I don`t mean to make this sound simplistic but ater a very easy search I`ve learned more about the subject than you as a native obviously know....If you can come up with newer figures since the election, as you suggest, then please post...
Guns

Old 12-01-2008, 10:46 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
I was just quoting the individual. And from that post sure sound like he is stockpiling “assault weapons”
More inferences. Are you even capable of responding to what someone says, and not what you think they mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Shrubs View Post
So here is the definition he gives what constitutes an “assault weapon”
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
A fully automatic machine gun is not what's referred to when someone (especially a politician) uses the term "assault weapon".

Learn what constitutes an "assault weapon" and then get back to us about who should or shouldn't own them, and why.

I'll let others point out your mistake. I don't want to get moderated.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I don`t mean to make this sound simplistic but ater a very easy search I`ve learned more about the subject than you as a native obviously know....If you can come up with newer figures since the election, as you suggest, then please post...
Guns
This may seem simplistic but do you realize the left leaning sources lean for gun control and the right leaning sources against there? CNN, ABC, NBC, etc., lean left, have more left-leaning viewers, and saw more support from those they polled for anti-gun measures, whereas Fox saw the opposite:
Quote:

[LEFT][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. April 17-18, 2007. N=900 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[RIGHT][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
[LEFT]"Do you think tougher gun laws can help stop things like the Virginia Tech school shooting, or do you think the people who commit these kinds of acts will always find guns?"[/LEFT]
[RIGHT].[/RIGHT]
Tougher
Laws Can
Help Stop
Will Always
Find Guns
Laws Help,
But Still Find
Guns (vol.)
Unsure%%%%[LEFT][SIZE=2]4/17-18/07[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[SIZE=2]19[/SIZE][SIZE=2]71[/SIZE][SIZE=2]7[/SIZE][SIZE=2]3[/SIZE]
Here's a poll done after the election:

Quote:
Do you support stricter gun laws?
No57% Yes43%

Total Votes: 82,875
Note on Poll Results
Election Triggers Surge in Gun Sales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies