Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 05:51 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times

Advertisements

I don't think a pistol would be very effective against a bunch of people with select-fire rifles and body armor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 05:57 PM

56 posts, read 66,812 times
[quote=LINCOLNSHIRE;6338966]``British Citizens Rally because of GUN BAN``??...Total B/S!!
The rally was organised by the Countryside Alliance, of which incidently I`m a member of. I`ve seen some things twisted on here and misrepresented to suit an agenda but this takes the biscuit. I supported the rally because I support hunting with dogs, as do all that attended the rally. They did NOT hold the rally to support a willy nilly gun ownership policy. How many times does it need to be said?? Gun ownership in the UK is NOT banned. I shoot myself as 99% of those on the rally do.
If anyone in the UK wants to hold a rally in support of the type of gun ownership seen in the US then feel free. But don`t hijack and steal someone else`s that had nothing to do with the subject..

So sorry you keep missing! (see your own words in pink, above).

Last edited by purplefig; 11-29-2008 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I bet those i9n India wished they had had the right to carrying arms. Its the same everywhere that people think that the poice will save them or the army. Most times it is the same in your house;the criminals are long gone leave the victims as they choose if they do not have guns to defend themnslves. I say if you don't want one that is fine with me;but I definely want to defend my family and myself.If you don't put them in the hands of fruitcakes does that mean most Brits are fruitcakes. I can agree you don't need them at soccer games for sure or in the hands of those binge drinkers. Maybe the victims of thye binge drinekrs might like one tho.

Dave I can't tell from your post if you are the one binge drinking, or if you always write this way.

As for India what a cockamamee statement to make. I guess I can also say, a lot of good gun ownership did to protect those killed in 911.

Texas eh? Xplains alot.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:50 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
If the bloody pukes who carried out 911 had the courage to come after us face to face it would have been a bloody shoot out. Your analogy is crap. You can't compare apples to oranges.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Congratulations!

Frankly, though, I don't care about what experience you claim to have - if you'd spent as much time in the US as you say, you'd know that not everyone is a gun-totin' redneck or "armed to the gills". Either you have spent that much time here and you're just overstating (read: lying) what you saw while here to try and further your point, or you didn't spend that much time here. Either way, you're lying about something.

On a side note, I had my Glock 27 on my hip when I went to the gun store to pick up an "assault weapon" (as defined by HR 1022) today. While I was out, I also went to the bank, the tobacco store, the grocery store and picked up some lunch. Amazingly, nobody lost their life.
LMFAO.

It was you that asked:

Quote:
If some of you visited the US or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgitate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where.

See? Works both ways.

If some of you visited the US or actually lived here for a while you would understand why many don't feel they need to be armed to the gills. It's easy to regurgitate the myths and worn out phrases you pick up from who knows where.

See? Works both ways.

It's ok, though - just keep spewing the same tired line of BS - it makes you feel superior, and that's alright. You have zero impact on our legislative process, so you're welcome to be as ignorant and uninformed as you like.
LMFAO.

I always find your more erudite rational American will debate and argue sensibly. The more ignorant back water type, usually get bent outta shape and start spewing rubbish.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If the bloody pukes who carried out 911 had the courage to come after us face to face it would have been a bloody shoot out. Your analogy is crap. You can't compare apples to oranges.
Oh yes I can.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
But cowardly terrorists, by definition, Never will have the courage to do anything but dirty deeds without warning. It's naive to suppose they will, as they're not morally or ethically inclined.

So on that basis, the OP is perfectly right - your attitude is pure wishful thinking, and a terrorist will always get you if he has a mind to, whether you're carrying 20 guns or none at all... You will never see him coming.

Brutal fact of life, I'm afraid, and not crap at all.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:16 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
In the U.S. assault weapons were banned from sale ny law in 1004 but, the law expired in 2004 after ten years and wasn't renewed at that time. Since then a couple of attempts have been in congress by democratic senators to renew the law but, didn't pass. President-elect Obama has pledged to re-instate the law on a permanent basis. The reasons it causes so much fuss with some, is that they view it as the beginning stages of an eventual complete ban on all guns.

The boy, his father and a friend of his father that shared the residence with them, live in a rural part of Arizona. The boy's father taught the child how to use the weapon to hunt some kind small animals (I don't remember exactly what it was but, something like a prarrie dog). He not only taught the child but, apparently allowed the child to have access to the rifle when ever he wanted it. The boy said he killed his father and the friend because spanked him too much.....he said something like that he was counting how many times they spanked him and when it reached 1,000 he planned to shoot them. He has been charged with the murders but, because of the boys age they're obviously going to handle prosecution differently than normal.....for example, the boy was released from the detention center for a day or two so he could spend the Thankgiving Holiday with his mother.
Thats messed up. That kid has to have mental issues from the get-go. I cant believe they let the little beast out for Thanksgiving!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Congratulations!

On a side note, I had my Glock 27 on my hip when I went to the gun store to pick up an "assault weapon" (as defined by HR 1022) today. While I was out, I also went to the bank, the tobacco store, the grocery store and picked up some lunch. Amazingly, nobody lost their life.
I didn't realise America was in the middle of such a brutal civil war that calls for an 'assault weapon" to be carried even to the grocery store. Who did you expect to be assaulted by? - another heavily armed opponent with paranoid tendencies out on a homicidal rampage? Ever thought of getting your own sherman tank?

Jeez, I'm so glad I left America for a more civilised country where guns are illegal.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefig View Post
I didn't realise America was in the middle of such a brutal civil war that calls for an 'assault weapon" to be carried even to the grocery store. Who did you expect to be assaulted by? - another heavily armed opponent with paranoid tendencies out on a homicidal rampage?

Jeez, I'm so glad I left America for a more civilised country where guns are illegal.
I didn't know that a glock was classified as an assault weapon. Side arm, pistol for sure.
Myself I never carry my weapons when I go shoppng. In fact I only carry them when I go to the range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies