Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savimbi View Post
Again she is not an immigrant she is Puerto Rican the post made that clear yet some went on an illegal immigrant tangent .
I understand that but I was replying to your post. You were claiming that to be allowed on this forum the topic need only apply to hispanic.
The reason this woman is drawing the red flag is that she is demanding ballots be in spanish. A ballot for an American election. I understand PR is a protectorate of the USA or a territory. I understand that she has the same rights that I do and that she is in fact not an immigrant. I also agree that this thread should have been in the politics section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Because this isn't an anti-immigrant/hispanic site, and I refuse to let you guys turn it into one. Both sides of the argument should be present.

If it bothers you that I reply to it, with all due respect, why don't you stick to Alipac or those other hack websites?
Negative immature SLAMMING not necessary, antialphabet!

My point was simple . . . when I read a post that disturbs me, I merely ignore and more on or, depending on the post, I respond and then move on.

Repeated negative responses are anything but positive.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Negative immature SLAMMING not necessary, antialphabet!

My point was simple . . . when I read a post that disturbs me, I merely ignore and more on or, depending on the post, I respond and then move on.

Repeated negative responses are anything but positive.
Consider the source: the pro illegal immigrant side is losing the war of public opinion.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Well since there was a thread about how Iranians wanted farsi language drivers tests, that will disprove your accusation. ANYONE who wont assimilate into the ways of the United States will get harsh treatment from us, regardless of national origin or color.
It really doesn't seem that way. It seems that the vitriol is reserved largely for the Latino and Hispanic population, and from certain posters, the "harsh treatment" is nothing short of hate-speech.

The U.S. Constitution protects Internet speech that is merely critical, annoying, offensive, or demeaning. However, the First Amendment does not provide a shield for libelous speech, nor does it protect certain speech that threatens or harasses other people. Persistent or pernicious harassment aimed at a specific individual is not protected if it inflicts or intends to inflict emotional or physical harm. To rise to this level, harassment on the Internet would have to consist of a "course of conduct" rather than a single isolated instance.

I think that people assume they are anonymous when they post here, and that's not so. I will promise you that this forum has been brought to the attention of several civil rights groups. It wasn't so long ago that a California man pled guilty to Federal civil rights charges for sending racist, incitful, and hateful messages to Hispanics, and guess what? He wasn't anonymous.

It's one thing to discuss the problem of illegal immigration, and it's another to post repeatedly calling one particular group of people names, and profiling them as the worst violent criminals. So think about your "harsh treatment" and choose your words carefully, because threatening "harsh treatment" from "us" (exactly who is "us"?) is not protected by the First Amendment.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
It really doesn't seem that way. It seems that the vitriol is reserved largely for the Latino and Hispanic population, and from certain posters, the "harsh treatment" is nothing short of hate-speech.
I'm sorry but here are some basic facts:

- The majority of illegal aliens come from Latino countries.
- Latino immigrants are making the biggest argument for not learning English.
- The most vocal supporters of amnesty are Latino groups.

If it hurts you that Latinos are the most mentioned when it comes to immigration and illegal immigration. TOUGH!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:

If it hurts you that Latinos are the most mentioned when it comes to immigration and illegal immigration. TOUGH!!!
Thanks, Alanboy . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:59 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:

Agreed. If I were latino, instead of demanding that Americans learn spanish, I would be insulted that the corporate masters have instituted the press 2 for English indoctrination. In doing so they simply verify that they took a vote and collectively decided that their targeted hispanic population of spanish speaking people are too stupid and lazy to learn English.

They also decided that it would be far too beneficial to illegals if they learned the English language because the light bulb just might come on and they may actually realize that they are considered nothing more than modern day slaves.

The deliberate deception of spanish being instituted as a welcoming gesture would be comical if so many didn't delusionally see it as a welcome mat as opposed to the true reasoning behind it.

History teaches that it was against the law for our ancestors who were slaves to learn how to read, write or attend school. If they were found doing any of the aforementioned, they were lucky if they were only beaten severely as opposed to being murdered.

It's not rocket science, nor is it a compliment that spanish is the ONLY foreign language being catered to in the US. Remnants of slavery anybody?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-30-2008 at 02:34 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 01:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. If I were latino, instead of demanding that Americans learn spanish, I would be insulted that the corporate masters have instituted the press 2 for English indoctrination. In doing so they simply verify that they took a vote and collectively decided that their targeted hispanic population of spanish speaking people are too stupid and lazy to learn English.

They also decided that it would far too beneficial to illegals if they learned the English language because the light bulb just might come on and they may actually realize that they are considered nothing more than modern day slaves.

The deliberate deception of spanish being instituted as a welcoming gesture would be comical if so many didn't delusionally see it as a welcome mat as opposed to the true reasoning behind it.

History teaches that it was against the law for our ancestors who were slaves to learn how to read, write or attend school. If they were found doing any of the aforementioned, they were lucky if they were only beaten severely as opposed to being murdered.

It's not rocket science, nor is a compliment that spanish is the ONLY foreign language being catered to in the US. Remnants of slavery anybody?
Pitbull this is an awesome post.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
As both of you stated---------and, I waiting for the MEChA/pro illegals fans to scream White supremacy in impotent retaliation.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Pitbull this is an awesome post.
Thank you sir. Coming from you it is indeed a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies