Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:21 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you saw him explaining his religion on Nightline last night or on some other venue. He may be right about religion because:

A. "Liberals" who buy the Godless theories of evolution would be hard pressed to show how GW Bush is in any way, an improvement over a Neanderthal Man or the great apes. Survival of the fittest? I don't think so.

B. After promising a balanced budget he's given us the worst deficits ever, as well as an economy rivaling Herbet Hoover's. As the actual figures begin to unfold over the next few months - all we will be able to do is PRAY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Perhaps you saw him explaining his religion on Nightline last night or on some other venue. He may be right about religion because:

A. "Liberals" who buy the Godless theories of evolution would be hard pressed to show how GW Bush is in any way, an improvement over a Neanderthal Man or the great apes. Survival of the fittest? I don't think so.

B. After promising a balanced budget he's given us the worst deficits ever, as well as an economy rivaling Herbet Hoover's. As the actual figures begin to unfold over the next few months - all we will be able to do is PRAY!

A very jaded and insulting attack on GW.

So, what in the world is your point, aside from just another cheap pot shot at the President. Whatever it may be, I missed it.

Please enlighten us.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
The voices that Bush hears is not the voice of god, but his mental illness. Of course that could be said about anyone that believes that 'god' talks to them.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,292 times
Bush is not the fool you think he is. You might say his "errors" have left us with a large military presence in the middle east with no foreseeable end and a lousy economy.

But to those who believe that it is God's work to unite the world under a New World Order ran by good Christians like him and his Skull & Bones buddies, our military position leaves us with a strategic foot-hold (in nations flanking Iran on both sides) and soon government ownership of our banks and major industrial giants. The "solutions" to these "problems" will benefit someone, don't you worry.

It might just be going according to plan. See you in 1984!

Obama might be in office for a while, but the power has been centralized and will not soon be undone.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
why are people smearing george, isnt 12 trillion enough of a punishment for those that put him in office. if i were a marlboro man i would be feeling mighty bad bout right now. most of my friends are --by the way ---that is why all the george bush bumper stickers have disappeared in the parking lot.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The voices that Bush hears is not the voice of god, but his mental illness. Of course that could be said about anyone that believes that 'god' talks to them.

People have really forgotten what this area of the board is all about.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:30 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
It's pretty often people will take the road where if some one doesn't worship the same way, or even just disagrees with, a person they will be called heathens or godless. Add in the thoughts of "you're not with me you're against me" points of view and it gets pretty terrible.

I do have problems with Bush and this mentality has been fostered, nothing against personally but I judge people by their actions. I am willing to accept people I don't like and come to like them if they do things I don't like either but actually works. We'll see how Obama does his job as well, if he will do a great job with his actions.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,522,142 times
Subsound- Its one thing to disagree with someone- my little girl's favorite color is pink, I prefer a blue-green. She has her opinion and I have mine.

Bush also has a different opinion however he has broken his promises, lied about WMD's and Iraq, and caused many American and foreign deaths using my tax money.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
People have really forgotten what this area of the board is all about.
I was dead serious, still am, his mental stability, or lack of, really scares me as long he is in office.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I was dead serious, still am, his mental stability, or lack of, really scares me as long he is in office.

With all due respect, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Brainwashed liberals are just as bad as brainwashed conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies