Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 08:48 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,461,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Maybe more people will wake up to what a fraud the federal government is.
How true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
You guys are looking for a needle in a haystack! Obama is "clean". He HAS both good morals and good moral judgement. It may not be possible to exist in politics without a little "greasing of the wheels" as they say, but please remember that according to Blagovovitch, Obama was willing to offer nothing but gratitude for the appointment of the person he favored to replace him in the senate. How much "cleaner" do you expect the guy to be, under these circumstances? He did NOTHING to cause anyone to suspect that he may have a hidden "collaboration" with Blago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,775,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I think you misunderstood my OP, but you weren't alone. I have no need and don't wish to condemn BHO at this point, but my question was, "what if?"

Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Rod Blagojevich all involved with BHO in the past, and each one of them by themselves is less than savory character, but four times the trouble leaves nothing if not doubt.

I don't exclude GOP crooks, the most famous being Nixon, but BHO was elected solely because of his race. Now as the standard bearer for all minority Americans, he must be better than "just like the rest." If he fails, there will never be another minority elected. Failure of BHO by any means is not an option.
I am glad I do not see everything through Racial Glasses like some do apparently. Why did Obama succeed when other African Americans like Jesse Jackson failed? Perhaps because he was simply the best candidate running and a majority of America easily recognized this. I think the RedNeck factor worked against him for his race as much as other factors may have worked for him.

Time to just admit he was the the better candidate, hands down.

Heck I would have voted for Obama if his skin was Martian Green if he and McCain were my 2 choices.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:13 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,631,990 times
When Obama starts getting handled by somebody like Karl Rove, then start to worry. Blagojevich is small potatoes.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:12 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,267,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I am glad I do not see everything through Racial Glasses like some do apparently. Why did Obama succeed when other African Americans like Jesse Jackson failed? Perhaps because he was simply the best candidate running and a majority of America easily recognized this. I think the RedNeck factor worked against him for his race as much as other factors may have worked for him.

Time to just admit he was the the better candidate, hands down.

Heck I would have voted for Obama if his skin was Martian Green if he and McCain were my 2 choices.
What is it that you can't understand? Ask any woman who has ever stepped up into a job where men had only been before, they will tell you about the upgraded expectations they had to meet, or the opposite, how they weren't expected to accomplish much.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,612,695 times
Quote:
What is it that you can't understand? Ask any woman who has ever stepped up into a job where men had only been before, they will tell you about the upgraded expectations they had to meet, or the opposite, how they weren't expected to accomplish much.
What is this, 1952?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,391,085 times
Quote:
In what is developing as one of the most horrific constitutional crisis of our nations history, I have some questions.
  1. What if Obama is a part of the Illinois mess?
    a: before inaugaration
    b: after

2: What role will the SCOTUS have?

3: Why did Axlerod say Obama had been in contact with the Gov, but BHO says he hadn't.
The bottom line here is that whether you like or dislike Obama, there is already a credibility gap far wider than LBJ ever dealt with.

This is not a damn Obama thread, but its a "Washington, we have a problem" and how we fix this problem is likely the most important issue our nation will face since 1861.

All you can do is "hope."

Old 12-10-2008, 12:47 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,334,574 times
Quote:
I think you misunderstood my OP, but you weren't alone. I have no need and don't wish to condemn BHO at this point, but my question was, "what if?"

Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Rod Blagojevich all involved with BHO in the past, and each one of them by themselves is less than savory character, but four times the trouble leaves nothing if not doubt.

I don't exclude GOP crooks, the most famous being Nixon, but BHO was elected solely because of his race. Now as the standard bearer for all minority Americans, he must be better than "just like the rest." If he fails, there will never be another minority elected. Failure of BHO by any means is not an option.
I challenge your statement that Obama was elected solely because of his race! That is certainly not why I voted for him, certainly not why most of my friends voted for him. Certainly not why my friends in Illinois have been following his career with great interest for many years now, and certainly not why most white, middle class, "centrist" Americans voted for him. He may not be "Lily white", in every aspect of his background and demeanor, but I and many others beleive that he is an honest politician. . . and that, in itself is a pretty rare bird. I believed that Bill Clinton was an "honest" politician, and still am not convinced that, as a politician, rather than as a possibly sex addicted man, he still is. Being an honest politician does not mean that one can never change one's mind, it certainly does not mean that one is perfect in every respect, and you'd have to be nuts to believe that everything an "honest politician" does, will be accepted as honest by everyone, in every situation, but that does not mean that basic honesty, as a person and as a politician is impossible!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:19 PM

756 posts, read 1,876,094 times
If you are just now scared for our government, where in god's green earth have you been the last 8 years?!?!?!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,921,854 times
Quote:
In what is developing as one of the most horrific constitutional crisis of our nations history, I have some questions.

3: Why did Axlerod say Obama had been in contact with the Gov, but BHO says he hadn't.
The only "Constitutional" crisis is the one arising from an overwrought imagination.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,076,081 times
Don't worry about those kind of things. Go shopping. Watch TV. Macy's is having a sale. Too much thinking is bad for the brain. Spend spend spend.

Quote:

The bottom line here is that whether you like or dislike Obama, there is already a credibility gap far wider than LBJ ever dealt with.

This is not a damn Obama thread, but its a "Washington, we have a problem" and how we fix this problem is likely the most important issue our nation will face since 1861.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies