Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:34 PM

72 posts, read 94,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Whatever problems white farmers face these days, it's not political motivated. I don't deny that there are farm murders. It's terrible. But it cannot be compared to political massacres like in Sharpesville...
Wow, someone has bought the BS hook line and sinker.

Tell us how many people died at the Sharpesville riot, and then tell us how many Whites are murdered each and every year since 1994 in South Africa.

Kindly report those figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 12:29 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeist View Post
To exploit natural resources that the inhabitants did not know were there or had no idea how to get to?

Stolen or bought?

And Africa was hardly a paradise before Europeans arrived, they simply were not advanced enough to document their history.

I, for one, cannot name one invention from a Black-African from Africa, can you? I mean, for thousands of years and the millions & millions of European inventions, what has came from Africa?
To exploit natural resources that the inhabitants did not know were there or had no idea how to get to?

First of all, natural resources like Gold, and precious gems have been mined on the continent for thousands of years.

Stolen or bought?

Stolen and sold. You don't buy and sell people because humans are not property.

And Africa was hardly a paradise before Europeans arrived, they simply were not advanced enough to document their history.

You are ignorant to say that Africans did not document their history, what do you call hieroglyphics?

I, for one, cannot name one invention from a Black-African from Africa, can you? I mean, for thousands of years and the millions & millions of European inventions, what has came from Africa?

The pyramids were invented by Africans and nobody knows exactly how they were constructed, engineering was invented, mathematics, locks, black ink, the ox drawn plow, sails, paper, sundial, 365 day calendar were all invented by Africans. Do you need a list? And as far as a "black" African invention, it's irrelevant, what part of Africa isn't black? Ancient or modern inventions doesn't matter an invention is an innovation. There are plenty of Africans who have come to the west and invented things. Here's one I'm sure you didn't know about. Famous Nigerian Scientist from Igbo Land

But I suppose you're just another ignorant racist who's caught up on the "concept" of race and skin color and a false hierarchy based on "race".

You obviously know very little about the continent or the people of Africa, and what you do know has been quite convoluted by your own arrogance and prejudice. Deep down I know you're a "friend" of David Lane.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:36 AM

Cleopatra was Greek. Her name means something like "cleo" and "patra" (which means father in Greek). Something similar to Jameson (the son of James), etc.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Black. None of the Mediterranean civilizations in Africa (Carthage, Egypt, etc.) were Black. They were White.

Hannibal wasn't black either.

Zulus are blacks.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:20 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgordon1 View Post
Cleopatra was Greek. Her name means something like "cleo" and "patra" (which means father in Greek). Something similar to Jameson (the son of James), etc.

The Ancient Egyptians were not Black. None of the Mediterranean civilizations in Africa (Carthage, Egypt, etc.) were Black. They were White.

Hannibal wasn't black either.

Zulus are blacks.
Cleopatra was Greek, but her line had ruled Egypt for several hundred years. Furthermore, the Greek control of Egypt didn't begin until Alexander. The Egyptians, while not black, are decidedly African, are they not?

Furthermore, does Mali not fit your criteria for being African enough? Timbuktu was a fascinating spot.

Much of this thread, and much racial commentary, ignores the fact that we are all pretty much genetically identical. This predisposition stuff is garbage. Ask the Human Genome Project.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Cleopatra was Greek, but her line had ruled Egypt for several hundred years. Furthermore, the Greek control of Egypt didn't begin until Alexander. The Egyptians, while not black, are decidedly African, are they not?

Furthermore, does Mali not fit your criteria for being African enough? Timbuktu was a fascinating spot.

Much of this thread, and much racial commentary, ignores the fact that we are all pretty much genetically identical. This predisposition stuff is garbage. Ask the Human Genome Project.
I wish Mugabe thought people were identical. I wish the rapists and murderers of Whites in Zimbabwe and South Africa did too. I sure as hell know the ANC doesn't agree with you.

I don't think people are identical anyway, I prefer to acknowledge and celebrate our diversity.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
I wish Mugabe thought people were identical. I wish the rapists and murderers of Whites in Zimbabwe and South Africa did too. I sure as hell know the ANC doesn't agree with you.

I don't think people are identical anyway, I prefer to acknowledge and celebrate our diversity.
I'm only speaking in terms of genetics.

The entire concept of "race" is pretty outmoded. Are there different colors and cultures? Sure. However, this thread alone has seen some pretty egregious stuff regarding a perception of racial predisposition. That's got to go.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
I'm only speaking in terms of genetics.

The entire concept of "race" is pretty outmoded. Are there different colors and cultures? Sure. However, this thread alone has seen some pretty egregious stuff regarding a perception of racial predisposition. That's got to go.
It's not outmoded. That's entirely false on a scientific level and most especially on a social level. There is NO CONSENSUS on it, and you have no right to force your views on others.

If you were right, which you aren't, this thread and the story/tragedy behind it wouldn't exist. But does exist!

You can't put your head in the sand. White farmers are being subjected to a genocide and the nation of Zimbabwe can no longer feed itself. It's an indisputable fact.

I guess you can turn off the news when you see a starving child or a murder scene? Many other Americans do too, you aren't alone.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
It's not outmoded. That's entirely false on a scientific level and most especially on a social level. There is NO CONSENSUS on it, and you have no right to force your views on others.
There's not a lot of science to back up the existance of race, genetically. Decades and decades of eugenics projects attempted to prove core differences, to little avail. I'd love to see your research. The HGP asserts that there are few differences between the "races", and most of those are limited to things we can see.

Quote:
If you were right, which you aren't, this thread and the story/tragedy behind it wouldn't exist. But does exist!
Pardon me? How does one thing have anything to do with another? It's obvious that conditions are terrible in Africa. They have been for a long time. My only point is that the insinuations that somehow Black people are intrinsically at fault and incapable of peace and violent, genetically, is roundly absurd.

Quote:
You can't put your head in the sand. White farmers are being subjected to a genocide and the nation of Zimbabwe can no longer feed itself. It's an indisputable fact.

I guess you can turn off the news when you see a starving child or a murder scene? Many other Americans do too, you aren't alone.
My head? Not in the sand. I try to keep an eye on the news from as much of the world as I can, though that's not exactly easy. The BBC and DW do a decent job of covering international news. It's a shame American news channels seem to really not care.

I must say, though, I wonder if your outrage was as vehement when the victims were black...

Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
I must say, though, I wonder if your outrage was as vehement when the victims were black...
There is NO OUTRAGE at all, and that's because the victims are White.

You have many things just totally backwards.

If the reverse situation were occurring, Whites raping, murdering, and genociding and ethnic cleansing Blacks.....don't you think the media would be reporting it?

My God, it'd be the most important story in the world.

I highly doubt Obama or any Black worldwide will lift a finger for the Whites, however if the victims were black, they'd be more vehement, and I suppose you'd understand that.

I cannot believe your family has lived in the USA for 300 years and you think the way you do. You must be a baby-boomer and the very first person in your line to have completely started thinking the way you do!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
There is NO OUTRAGE at all, and that's because the victims are White.

You have many things just totally backwards.

If the reverse situation were occurring, Whites raping, murdering, and genociding and ethnic cleansing Blacks.....don't you think the media would be reporting it?

My God, it'd be the most important story in the world.

I highly doubt Obama will lift a finger for the Whites, however if the victims were black, he'd be more vehement.
This is where your race-based thinking limits you. I was referring to the horrors committed against black people by black people. Is is any less horrible because it isn't cross-racial?

Furthermore, for anyone to attempt to say, with a straight face, that white people have never committed atrocities need to be locked in a library until they learn a thing or two. Have black people done terrible things? Yes. Have white people done terrible things? Yes. I think that race clouds the issue.

Quote:
I cannot believe your family has lived in the USA for 300 years and you think the way you do. You must be a baby-boomer and the very first person in your line to have completely started thinking backwards!
You're free to believe anything you care to. As a child and young man, my family always encouraged me to consider an issue and make decisions on my own. I'll take that over indoctrination anyday. Moreover, I don't rest on their laurels. The fact that my family has deep roots in the USA and in the South is something that I'm proud of, but was in no way responsible for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies