Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:05 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post

Im not in denial, you are letting the fear mongering press decide how you view the world. "scare tactics" as you put it
Well, that actually makes no sense whatsoever. If I were scared as you put it, I would've voted for Bush. I did not. I don't have an innate fear of terrorism, I actually try to live my life not worrying about it like others have. The chances of being involved in a terrorist act are almost nil, yet the general public seem to have forgotten that little tidbit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
I didnt say fear of terrorism.

The press has created a monster of a different nature and liberals (progressives) are frightened of this illusion. A corporate controlled conspiracy that would trash the constitution, violate civil rights and enslave Americans in class warfare. Control of the monetary system through the FED and the political system through lobbyists as they move us around like pawns on a chess board.

The neocon

pft

Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I didnt say fear of terrorism.

The press has created a monster of a different nature and liberals (progressives) are frightened of this illusion. A corporate controlled conspiracy that would trash the constitution, violate civil rights and enslave Americans in class warfare. Control of the monetary system through the FED and the political system through lobbyists as they move us around like pawns on a chess board.

The neocon

pft
I don't know what that has to do w/Bush's terrorism tactics. As far as the media goes, I try to take it w/a grain of salt, like most people should. Violate civil rights? Don't know what you mean by that. And lobbyists are a problem across the board.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:34 PM

I meant constitutional rights of Privacy, The whole phone bill thing that was a part of the Patriot act.

As far as Bush's terrorism tactics I think he turned Iraq into a nice little honey pot and kept alot of folk who dont particularly care for us

busy

Not that im scared of them either but extremeists have proven that they can plan and execute an attack that kills hundreds if not thousands of Americans.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
I meant constitutional rights of Privacy, The whole phone bill thing that was a part of the Patriot act.

As far as Bush's terrorism tactics I think he turned Iraq into a nice little honey pot and kept alot of folk who dont particularly care for us

busy

Not that im scared of them either but extremeists have proven that they can plan and execute an attack that kills hundreds if not thousands of Americans.
I personally think the Patriot Act is a bunch of BS & I'm really proud of my senator Feingold being the only senator at the time to vote against it, yay Russ! However, yes, it is an invasion of privacy, a big invasion. I have an ex in Malaysia (a muslim state) & we always joke about being tapped because of how much we talk to each other. I actually wouldn't be surprised if I got a knock on the door one of these days. And if I did, those men in suits would get a big ole laugh in the face from me!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM

So you arent afraid of what may become of information gained through the Patriot act? Thats my point I guess. My wife is from the Philippines and we do alot of calling over there without concern they think im Abu Sayeff. The constitutionality of such a law is a concern and im glad there are people out there railing against it just as a matter of check and balance.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 AM

345 posts, read 466,682 times
Quote:
Im doing just fine. Within the last year my wife and I both graduated from college with little debt, found great paying jobs, are raising a young family, have sold 2 homes making good profit and are about to close on a multi level 4/3 lakeside.

gas is a buck fourty five a gal

sorry about your life
Great! You're doing well, you can give more to charitable causes this year.

"..George did the right thing and took the heat

He was re-elected. Deep down Americans knew he was doing the right thing. Just like deep down we knew chnge was the ticket this past November.

The pendulum swings. Americans arent as dumb as the media liberals and the rest of the world would make us out to be"

Looks like the "pendulum" has swung again, as Americans voted for change.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 12-13-2008 at 07:53 AM..

Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 AM

Your "pendulum" taunt would have more effect if I handnt said the same thing in the prior sentence

"Just like deep down we knew chnge was the ticket this past November. "

As long as we agree that the American voter isnt dumb and they made the right decision in re-electing Bush and opting for change in this past election

Old 12-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Oh and chairity. I drop a check in the collection plate at the catholic church on Sundays.

There was a time when i showed up at the back door of that church and recieved food baskets, clothes and other necessities

Old 12-13-2008, 09:45 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
fear mongering knuckle dragging neocon rhetoric, based on what? fear, ignorance, hatred, bigotry, or some random hate received in an fear mongers email, all of the above
You forgot to bring up "racism," part and parcel of YOUR hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies