Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I agree.

But this brings up something else I hadn't really thought about. With all the racial hubbub regarding Rev Wright, I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been some KKK or neo-nazi arson at his church.

these people u refering most likely dont have the balls to enter that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:07 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
[quote=city414;6567728]kinda like how the conservative south didnt report church burnings at blacks among other things[/quote

Oh;now its a racial thing;too sad .

Old 12-15-2008, 10:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
If this was Obama's former church there would be non-stop news about it.
But its Palins church so who cares....
Well, first of all, we know about this because it has been reported. Secondly, Palin lost the election. She's not the big star she was a few months ago.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Probably not.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Oh, is that what it takes to do something like this? Heh I'd have thought all it required was hate. People are blinded and dumbed down with it.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:26 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,750 times
Palin's Church Severely Damaged by Arson

What appear to be the facts, as we know them.

According to the Fire Chief, somebody SET the fire Friday night, while there were people (including children) in the church. It is being investigated as arson.

Why anybody here would think this is funny, is beyond me. Apart from all political leanings, it's simply a crime that could have killed several people.

Why anybody would say (claiming it as a joke) that they wish Palin was in the church when it was burning, is beyond me.

The level of rancor and lack of minimal human civility, on this forum, deeply saddens me. Comments made about this by domergurl, meson, odanny, Theliberalvoice, muleskinner, highdesertmutz, and LiveTodayLez08 are reprehensible. There's no excuse. Grow up, people.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Unfortunately, they've found accelerant in several places around the church.

Accelerant poured around Palin's church: Alaska News | adn.com

Old 12-15-2008, 01:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
By the way, it was the Wasilla Assembly of God that was the center of certain controversies not long ago, not the Wasilla Bible Church.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Same here....I'm an AoG member myself and think anyone who burns,steals from or damages ANY Church in anyway will have someone MUCH higher up the ladder to answer to than some Barney Fife cop in Backwater, Ak. I'm waiting for the proof that it was arson as it seems SUSPICIOUS to me that the building was occupied at the time and with Palin literally begging for attention constantly there's really no telling what the real story is (NOT SAYING SHE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL,just saying if they can slant it for more coverage then that's the way they'll play it for awhile until the truth comes out for sure)

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-16-2008 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: Removed orphaned quote

Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
You should have watched FOX tonight, with greta van, interviewing palin over the phone,
is that woman starving for attention or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Same here....I'm an AoG member myself and think anyone who burns,steals from or damages ANY Church in anyway will have someone MUCH higher up the ladder to answer to than some Barney Fife cop in Backwater, Ak. I'm waiting for the proof that it was arson as it seems SUSPICIOUS to me that the building was occupied at the time and with Palin literally begging for attention constantly there's really no telling what the real story is (NOT SAYING SHE HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT AT ALL,just saying if they can slant it for more coverage then that's the way they'll play it for awhile until the truth comes out for sure)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies