Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 06:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

"And when they talk about the planes hitting the buildings, they conveniently ignore Building Number 7. No plane hit Building 7, and yet it came down in essentially the same way: free-fall speed – uh, virtually free-fall speed - and straight down. And so the 9/11 Commission.. I hope you asked Lee Hamilton why they did not even mention the fact that Building 7 collapsed."

The 9/11 Commission got access to these testimonies. And yet they didn't mention a word about them. And yet these testimonies contain literally dozens of people - fire-fighters and emergency medical workers, and people in the towers - who say they experienced multiple explosions, some of them were so extreme that it knocked them down the stairs. Some of them said 7, 8, 9 explosions. Then they described the floors coming down, and they say 'choo, choo, choo, choo, it came down just like when you see these things on TV'.

CBC News: Sunday - 9/11: TRUTH, LIES AND CONSPIRACY (http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/911griffin.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Well Greg Palast seems to have some interesting points on this.

YouTube - Talk - Greg Palast - The Best Democracy Money Can Buy

Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Modern jet aircraft are easy to fly if you have a little training which the terrorists had. They didn't have to takeoff or land the plane just steer the plane like a car. The only difference is is they were dealing in a three dimensional element and had to contend with altitude change. That's easy. Pull power back go down, add power go up. Simple.

I'm a pilot and that doesn't make me an expert on terrorst attacks. Just because this guy flew airplanes doesn't make him an expert either.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:41 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Modern jet aircraft are easy to fly if you have a little training which the terrorists had. They didn't have to takeoff or land the plane just steer the plane like a car. The only difference is is they were dealing in a three dimensional element and had to contend with altitude change. That's easy. Pull power back go down, add power go up. Simple.

I'm a pilot and that doesn't make me an expert on terrorst attacks. Just because this guy flew airplanes doesn't make him an expert either.
Before we take your word for it, maybe it merits a bit more honest and diligent investigation.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Like asking a bus driver what caused a major accident that he was not involved in;IMO.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:21 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Just throwing it out there.

What do you think about what he says?

I've always thought the "real" story was far-fetched, myself... how could the "terrorists" fly like those planes like Tom Cruise in Top Gun? Especially the one who gently glided the plane into the Pentagon! Absurd, really.

Listen to this guy --- very interesting. He's flown the planes, and obviously should know what he's talking about.

Pilot who flew 2 planes used on 9/11 doesn't believe official story
He is one pilot of many who flies these planes and yet only he is among them to say such things. Maybe just maybe he is a crack pot. Maybe he is just full of himself and can't deal with the idea that he isn't something unique or special.
At any rate I tend to believe that it was terrorists who flew those planes.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He is one pilot of many who flies these planes and yet only he is among them to say such things. Maybe just maybe he is a crack pot. Maybe he is just full of himself and can't deal with the idea that he isn't something unique or special.
That's EXACTLY right.
There are tens of thousands of pilots in this country. If flying those planes into the buildings was THAT difficult to do, there would been hundreds - if not thousands - of pilots saying so.

This is the thing that irks me about all these internet-based rumors (about Obama or anyone else) and crazy conspiracy theories floating about. The people that buy into them must be simply brain-dead because they don't seem to be able to think for themselves. Some wacko puts something out there and lays out his case (pretty much always based on VERY POOR assumptions and EVEN POORER logic) and these folks just say "ah... yup, that must be the case". Never mind that HUNDREDS (probably more like THOUSANDS) of professional investigators (from the airlines, aircraft manufacturer, FAA, the National Transportation Safety Board, the FBI, building structural engineers, etc, etc, etc) looked into this and came to the conclusion that the incident was JUST AS DESCRIBED - ie the terrorists flew the planes into the buildings (DUH!!!!).

But nooooooooooo - this lone lunatics' opinion outweighs ALL those professional investigators - many of who have spent their entire adult lives investigating airplane crashes and building failures and have seen just about everything you can image.

How LOGICAL and SENSIBLE is that?

The answer is - NOT AT ALL

Ken

Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
If you are not willing to face the truth, fine. If you are, see this link.

pilotsfor911truth.org

Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
One of things I have always wondered about when people say that 9/11 was an inside job -- how did bush/cheney convince Atta and the rest to commit suicide for the USA? People on those plans were able to call loved ones (and police) and they -the eyewitnesses - reported young muslim men with box cutters had hijacked the planes and in one instance killed a flight attentendent. So they were certainly not imagined.
Also, if a plane didnot hit the pentagon....what happened to that plane?

Old 12-14-2008, 11:18 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
One of things I have always wondered about when people say that 9/11 was an inside job -- how did bush/cheney convince Atta and the rest to commit suicide for the USA? People on those plans were able to call loved ones (and police) and they -the eyewitnesses - reported young muslim men with box cutters had hijacked the planes and in one instance killed a flight attentendent. So they were certainly not imagined.
Also, if a plane didnot hit the pentagon....what happened to that plane?
There is so much unanswered about this. Why an independent investigation has not been launched should give anyone pause.

I am not saying I KNOW what happened. What I know is the "official story" is so full of holes, it is unreal. Yet there is no investigation. Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies