Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:44 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,205,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
People will say anything to justify their breaking of the law.

Hey, it works for Presidents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 07:48 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,205,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Vitriol? Yes, absolutely. And you just spewed a little more of it.
BULL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I think what's happened is that the Bush Bashers have gotten so accustomed to hating on the guy that you don't even know you're doing it.

Kind like the guy who farts all the time. After awhile, he starts thinking he doesn't stink.

Once again the ridiculous, FALSE allegations of hating Bush. I don't hate him, hate saps energy and he isn't worth it. I merely think he's an incompetent buffoon. You really should try and learn the difference between hate and lack of condidence before you go spewing your false, misleading statements.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:49 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,317,984 times
Isn't wille nelson a republican?
this definitely IS a far fetched thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
For the entire 8 years of President Bush's time in office, people who don't like him have constantly remarked on message boards about him snorting cocaine. Even the comedy "Family Guy" brought this up in one episode. I have to wonder if they'll be just as insulting on the subject when Senator Obama becomes president since he's admitted to using crack cocaine and other drugs or will they treat that as a hands off subject since it's a president they like?

How long after he moves into the White House will he be on the roof with Willie Nelson toking on a joint?
Will the new Presidential Seal be the hot end of a crack pipe?
Will he live out his favorite scene from Scarface by pouring cocaine out onto his desk and burying his face in it following a meeting with the ambassador from Columbia?
Smokem peace pipe will have new meaning when he becomes president.
Columbia will become our new favorite trading partner.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,086,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
For the entire 8 years of President Bush's time in office, people who don't like him have constantly remarked on message boards about him snorting cocaine. Even the comedy "Family Guy" brought this up in one episode. I have to wonder if they'll be just as insulting on the subject when Senator Obama becomes president since he's admitted to using crack cocaine and other drugs or will they treat that as a hands off subject since it's a president they like?

How long after he moves into the White House will he be on the roof with Willie Nelson toking on a joint?
Will the new Presidential Seal be the hot end of a crack pipe?
Will he live out his favorite scene from Scarface by pouring cocaine out onto his desk and burying his face in it following a meeting with the ambassador from Columbia?
Smokem peace pipe will have new meaning when he becomes president.
Columbia will become our new favorite trading partner.
That's very comical. Obama never used crack.

I think the next president who honestly never did any sort of drug is a long, long way down the road.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,982,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And very often ignorance is just ignorance.
When it comes to drug abuse, I'm grateful for my ignorance.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:55 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,198,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Marijuana also lowers your defenses against cancer (as well as other immune-mediated responses)...

Marijuana effects on immunity: suppression of human natural killer cell activity by delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol; SPECTER S. C. (1) ; KLEIN T. W. ; NEWTON C. ; MONDRAGON M. ; WIDEN R. ; FRIEDMAN H. ; International journal of immunopharmacology ISSN 0192-0561

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl/immun...unopharmac.pdf

Foreign study:

Cannabis use was associated with a decrease in levels of IL-2, a TH1-type cytokine related to cell-mediated immunity, and an increase in levels of IL-10, a TH2-type cytokine related to humoral immunity. The decrease of proinflammatory (IL-2) cytokines and the augment of anti-inflammatory (IL-10 and TGF1) cytokines was associated with a marked reduction in lymphocyte functionality, and a decrease in the number of NK cells. The suppression of immediate and innate responses of the immune system together with the disruption of TH1/TH2 balance might increase the susceptibility and promote the progression of infectious diseases and tumors.

(Interestingly, they think this may mean they could see about using it for autoimmune diseases.)
[SIZE=2]Roberta Pacifici, PhD; Piergiorgio Zuccaro, PhD; Simona Pichini, PhD [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Laboratorio Biochimica Clinica [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Istituto Superiore di Sanitá (ISS) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Rome, Italy [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

It may also be a cofactor with HPV for oral cancer. More studies pending.

Go look on the internet...a lot of people have a lot to say about the health effects of this stuff.

Article date: 2000/01/18 A study by researchers from the University of California at Los Angeles, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, and Arizona Cancer Center has linked smoking marijuana with an increased risk of head and neck cancers.

Why is it too much to ask people to not engage in unhealthy activities (smoking, drinking, drugs, fatty foods) without everyone not getting all up in arms? It's a real burden on society, and it's getting old.

stan4 your heart is in the right place but but i think your post misses the point.

i don't care what the drug does, whether it's addictive or not, whether it has long/short term side effects, whether it has cancer curing benefits. i don't care.

i am a free man. i choose what i want to put into my body. i know what the benefits and side effects are and i accept that. i know how it will make me behave and i accept the consequences of that behaviour. i do not need the nanny state to tell me what i may or may not smoke, swallow, drink, eat, inject etc because a group of old cronies in dc think that it will do me harm. i also don't expect any assitance from the state.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:58 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,198,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I never professed to be an expert on drugs ... I'm just glad that I never experimented with them. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss.

if it's bliss that you're looking for perhaps i could prescibe a bit of mdma! bliss x 1000!!! apparently!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:33 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,982,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
if it's bliss that you're looking for perhaps i could prescibe a bit of mdma! bliss x 1000!!! apparently!
No thanks. Don't need artificial bliss when I have the real stuff.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:35 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,211,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
BULL!

Once again the ridiculous, FALSE allegations of hating Bush. I don't hate him, hate saps energy and he isn't worth it. I merely think he's an incompetent buffoon. You really should try and learn the difference between hate and lack of condidence before you go spewing your false, misleading statements.
You don't hate him - which is why you HAD to write all this.

Caps lock. Exclamation point. Yep, that's sure evidence of a guy who just doesn't care.

Point taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies