Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,282,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I have to laugh at the fact that there are people stupid or crazy enough to believe that.

I will take this as a thank you for defending my right for free speech.

Your welcome

Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,717,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
The press has already had so many field days with this idiot that they have enough comedic relief material to cover us for the next 3 years!

Allow me to tell you something: You do not throw anything at the standing president of the United States of America. PERIOD. End of story. If this man were shot it would be completely justifiable. MUCH MORE JUSTIFIABLE than the illegal invasion of Iraq or the Constitutional violations or the torture or the illegal wiretapping or the suspension of habeus corpus.

But it doesn't even have to get to that. How about an agent throwing himself between the president and the object? How about reacting sooner?

BTW this is an 'opinions' forums. That's what all these forums are about & include. If you want 'facts' consult an encyclopedia.

Sickos are out tonite.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,461,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
I say it would be bettter if you packed your sh.. and moved somewhere people would respect that comment, say Baghdad for instance. Your not Nick Bergs cousin are you? Yes, that would be good, go and retrace the footsteps of Nick Berg.
I'm not Berg's cousin, but Berg was a victim of Bush's war, just like every other victim in Iraq since 19 March 2003.

Quote:
The shoe thrower would have both hands and both feet meticulously and slowly removed in the past just world of Iraq. Perhaps a nice bowl of reisen for each and every family member would be appropriate under Saddam.
Yeah, and under Genghis Khan he would've had molten lead poured in his eyes. Under Pinochet he would've been waterboarded in a bucket of ****. Under Idi Amin he would've been cooked and eaten. So what?

Quote:
As I read these posts I wonder how America will hold it togeather over the next few years? We are totally infiltrated by cowards and miscreants.
For all my fellow cowards and miscreants, may I say: we fondly hope you empire-lovers and war-crazed jingoists don't hold it together, whatever that means. Death to the empire.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,604,961 times
Oh great...here we go with the "Every nation is equal" tripe that libs love to spew...

Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,515,340 times
Bush should be glad that it was just a shoe. I don't have a major problem with what the guy did. If it was something that could seriously injure or kill Bush, then that's another story.
Bush hurt himself more by chocking on a pretzel, I think he can handle a shoe being thrown at him.
To say Bush deserves respect since he's a world leader is debatable.
He's caused way more harm to the world, then help.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,060,347 times

Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,341,085 times
ok, back on track.

shoes thrown at president bush......

Hubby just told me about this. Of course its on youtube.

ROFLMAO.

YouTube - [Updated] Bush Shoe Incident in Iraq {CNN}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
more like a few inches, and it would have smacked him right in the face had he not ducked. Must have been the Bush spin machine that stated it was 15 feet.
they mean the guy was 15 feet away from bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I don't see the humor in it
Well I think this is freaking hysterical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I get why some people see the humor in this but I just don't find it that amusing. While I disagree with basically every policy of Bush's and with the way he's run this country for the past eight years, no one deserves to have something thrown at their head. He could have been injured and it's just disrespectful. Bush may be a horrible president but he is still a human being with feelings and a family. I for one feel bad that this happened.
human being w/ feelings and a family. Screw that, look at how many lives have been lost in this war. Come on, how many Iraqi kids have come over to our hospitals for treatment of gruesome injuries???? Give me a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
As much as I dislike Obama and I believe he is corrupt. I do NOT wish any ill-will towards him. I do not want him to be hurt in any way, as he will be my president.

A lot of people here are just vile, wicked and disgusting with their comments. To read that U.S citizens rejoice when their president is attacked is a horrible thing.

Your true colors are showing and they are filled with evil and wicked hate.
Come on, it was a pair of shoes, not hand grenades.

Wicked hate? Please.

You wonder why Obama won? How ridiculous is it that our president is now getting SHOES thrown at him? I mean come on, now.

Btw, wow, him being able to duck that fast. That is classic. I am sorry but no other president has ever provided this much comic entertainment.

This about sums up what people think of him, I think. Out with a bang.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:59 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,093,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Bush should be glad that it was just a shoe. I don't have a major problem with what the guy did. If it was something that could seriously injure or kill Bush, then that's another story.
Bush hurt himself more by chocking on a pretzel, I think he can handle a shoe being thrown at him.
To say Bush deserves respect since he's a world leader is debatable.
He's caused way more harm to the world, then help.
Didn't Bush say that we would be greeted as liberators and be showered with candy and flowers? He forgot to mention the shoes. Bush deserves no respect, he does not deserve to ever enjoy a single day for the rest of his miserable life.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,176,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a whole lota americans would like to throw a shoe too. although i am a bit disturbed by the lack of securty. if you can throw a shoe and just miss what else could have been thrown. i am concerned about any presidents safety. of course we murdered theirs & 1/4 million citizens but i guess that does not count after all they were not americans.
signed marie antoinette

really? we actually murdered 250,000 egyptians? that is where the reporter was from, I didnt know we were at war with egypt.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM

540 posts, read 629,433 times
I think you are more sadly alone in your ranks than you imagine, though I must say you have a powerful imagination. They have pills for that these days, perhaps you should seek medication.
Che is dead ,all your heroes are gone, and never...never...never will the free spirit of man be dominated by the likes of some of the posters here. Not so long as those brave young men and women that received parenting and role models of value continue to support the traditions of the rule of law and freedom.
Thoreau went out of favor soon after the last war when most folks realized materialism wasn't really all that bad. Kerosend makes your clothes stink and burning wood contributes to global horse manure.
I think there is a chance some folks here will come around if they don't choke on the hookah first. Thank goodness for pot to keep these folks cringing behind the blinds. Don't smoke so much that your afraid to go to the mailbox to get the check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.