Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 06:02 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Neocons are getting riled up just because it was the president they loved so much.

Watch COPS. Rednecks have thrown knives at each other without getting charged.

Sensitive, sensitive, sensitive.
You left the door open on that one, but I'll leave it alone!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Won a war? Why are so many people so delusional? Do you mean that war on terror? Where have you been, because the rest of us can see that it's still going on & will continue to go on regardless if we're in a country or not. Get used to that one, there will always be haters.

Unless we turn the middle east into a big crater...

Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes & what a rational reaction that would be, hey?

Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
And the O-baaaaaaa-ma sheep aren't? Riiiiiight.
See post above yours.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Alternatively we could just not start dumb wars in the middle east.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:15 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
If you believe what Bush said and I did believe it at the time, he said this man had the freedom to express an opinion. In this country a person throwing their footwear at the president would be arrested but not beaten to within an inch of his life.
I personally am surprised the man is still alive. Their culture deals with things differently.

I do have to say that Bush has some quick reflexes in what must have been a VERY unexpected occasion for him, he even looked like he had a grin on his face as he ducked. AGain, their culture treats throwing a show as a terrible insult, I would have laughed my you know what off if someone had done that too me and thought it would make a difference to me. The exception would be a woman with spike heels, thats getting out of control.
Bush's history is in making a public statement going one way and behind the scenes doing the opposite. When he said something about the shoe thrower expressing his opinion in a democracy I told my husband that the guy was going to get a going over by the cops at the very least.

Poor man. He was just giving expression to what so many the world over believe.
After all, Bush was in his country as part of a final tour to leave his presidency on a good note. He was telling the Iraqis what a great thing he did in freeing them. It is obviously bull, and the country may turn out much worse for both their own population and for the world, as it may radicalize.
The man could stand no more of the hypocrisy. At least the incident will go down in history as a final gesture by the people, saying what they really think of him.
I hope he can recover from his wounds and is released.
I keep remembering how Bush said he would prefer being a dictator. He is not a good man, by any measure I can see.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
"Crime"? Oh you mean for missing both times?

That was a beautiful thing he did and it took alot of b**ls to do it too!. I'd punish this guy by giving him an apt in Manhattan and his own television show. That'll teach him.

would you feel so good about it if it would have been obama and he hit obama upside his head both times?

or would you be calling for his head?

cant have it both ways, only 1 or the other.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:22 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,278 times
Default Oops

Oops I guess this guy won't be doing that again if he makes it out of the prison alive.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:26 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
It was reported today that the reporter who threw his shoes at Bush, is being beaten with broken bones and internal bleeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
So what do you make of this?

I'm sure there are some members here who will immediately blame this on Bush. In fact, they probably think Cheney is over there roughing him up as we speak...

But maybe in could be surmised that not everyone in Iraq agrees with the reporter's sentiments, or opinion of Bush.
Well, personally I think it is Cheney beating him with broken bones. Wonder where he got the broken bones?? Abu Ghraib???

Old 12-16-2008, 06:28 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,538 times
so disgruntled, he started his OWN thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildManneredBruceWayne View Post
...and how Clinton caused global warming too! (might as well throw that in while you're at it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies