Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
Palin had more experience than obama and she was thrown under the bus for what? ..
How anyone can think that a mayor of a 5000 person city with a city manager to do the day to day work, and less than two years' experience as the governor of Alaska has more experience than an eight year state senator and a four year US senator is way beyond me, always has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How anyone can think that a mayor of a 5000 person city with a city manager to do the day to day work, and less than two years' experience as the governor of Alaska has more experience than an eight year state senator and a four year US senator is way beyond me, always has been.
Agreed. And "experience" doesn't mean much. We've all worked in environments where the experienced employees are less impressive than the newbies.

If you look back at the history of presidential elections, the more experienced candidate almost always loses.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:57 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Agreed. And "experience" doesn't mean much. We've all worked in environments where the experienced employees are less impressive than the newbies.

If you look back at the history of presidential elections, the more experienced candidate almost always loses.
Yeah, you are so right. Just think about Jimmy Carter.

btw... for all you BHO supporters. Every non-supporter that I know, including myself have the highest hopes for a successful O-administration. Why wouldn't we? Unlike the fools of the past 8 years who did everything they could to destroy GWB, a successful president makes us all better off. We have no need to demolish BHO, but to not be worried is foolish.

Anytime in business that a Board of Directors hires a new CEO, then a number of the Board members works to fire the CEO, it is normally the company itself that takes the hit. So the board members who continued to oppose the CEO are normally cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
It's December 17, 2008. We are 34 days to inauguration of the new administration, yet I am somewhat becoming more and more worried about the situation in Chicago.

We all want to believe that BHO is innocent. I for one lived through the Nixon years and the Clinton years, and the Johnson years. I also lived through the Eisenhower, Kennedy, Ford, Reagan, Carter, and Bush 41. The trail is too hot to objectively discuss Bush 43, but my point is, one did not have to like what IKE, JFK, Ford, Reagan, Carter or Bush said or did, but you could put faith in 95% of their integrity and history has proven them out.

We must be confident in our President. We don't have to like where he/she is headed, but we as American's will not follow a leader we don't have confidence in.

No matter how innocent Mr. Obama may be, his previous affiliations, including with Gov Blagojevich were and are a reason to be concerned, if for integrity reasons only.

Those of you supporting Mr. Obama must understand, he will fail, and he will fail miserably if he can't get the American peoples's confidence. I didn't support him, but now whether I like his policies or not, he will be my President, and I will respect him and his office, but if his integrity doesn't isn't nearly absolute, why should America?
Thanks for proving the point: We all don't acquire great wisdom, better instincts, and common sense as we age.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:08 AM

518 posts, read 2,531,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Does it matter what 29% of people think?
ya, it does. majority isn't always right. Just because 71% of people believe something does not make it true

Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetar10 View Post
ya, it does. majority isn't always right. Just because 71% of people believe something does not make it true
True. I remember the initial support for going into Iraq was around 80%.

That worked out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies